Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old May 21st, 2015, 10:32 PM

Not User Name knows what's in an order marker Not User Name knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of The Varja

Well I think it's safe to say the 4th Mass absolutely hate this guy. They'll have to move and lose WTF to even try to hit him. Then he can just disengage to try his order marker thing, stop 2 spaces away and pop another 4th figure. Great job on this one C3V, nothing can stop this guy. Not even X17. This guy has the potential to be my all time favorite figure.
Old May 21st, 2015, 10:47 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
All Well and Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
For attacking you need Line of Sight
Unless the special power specifically says that only clear sight is needed. That's the whole point. This statement overrides the normal rule, just like a hundred other things that override a normal rule.
Except there's this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotgun Sullivan's book
-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • - SHOTGUN BLAST SPECIAL ATTACK: clear sight shot.
    Johnny "Shotgun" Sullivan's Shotgun Blast Special Attack requires a "clear sight shot" to his target. Does the phrase "clear sight" indicate that Johnny "Shotgun" Sullivan needs only line of sight to any part of the figure rather than the hit zone?
    No. Johnny "Shotgun" Sullivan needs line of sight to the targeted figure's hitzone to use this attack. (Grungebob)
~Dysole, informationally
Old May 21st, 2015, 11:06 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Except there's this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotgun Sullivan's book
-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • SHOTGUN BLAST SPECIAL ATTACK: clear sight shot.
    Johnny "Shotgun" Sullivan's Shotgun Blast Special Attack requires a "clear sight shot" to his target. Does the phrase "clear sight" indicate that Johnny "Shotgun" Sullivan needs only line of sight to any part of the figure rather than the hit zone?
    No. Johnny "Shotgun" Sullivan needs line of sight to the targeted figure's hitzone to use this attack. (Grungebob)
How can that be correct? Here's what Johnny says:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotgun Blast Special Attack
Johnny only needs a clear sight shot at the chosen figure.
And here's what the rulebook says:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rulebook
Clear Sight: To determine if a figure has clear sight to another, check that figure's Target Point. If you can see any part of another figure that it wants to affect (including gray non-Hit Zones), then that figure has clear sight. Just make sure that it is within the specified range for the power.
If Johnny only needs a clear sight shot, then Johnny only needs to "see any part of [the] figure that [he] wants to affect (including gray non-Hit Zones)." It's right there in black and white.

If this doesn't mean exactly what it says, then can somebody explain to me what it does mean?

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old May 21st, 2015, 11:43 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I think it's just a matter of inconsistent wording on older cards. "Line of sight" and "clear sight" were being used interchangeably on early Explosion attacks, even though they're two different meanings. Heroscape has always been reliant on outside rulings more than other games because of its more simplified/less formal rules language.

Which has, of course, resulting in some issues with recent C3V releases - do you try and stick to the official-but-inconsistent wording or create new versions that are further from the Hasbro releases? It's a hard tightrope to walk.
Old May 22nd, 2015, 12:06 AM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Doesn't changing it to line of sight make the sentence pointless? Surely Craig or Rob or whoever put those sentences there for a reason?

EDIT: Okay, I just got it through my thick skull. They meant "line of sight" instead of "clear sight" and also meant for the word "only" to make it clear that the other figures didn't require LOS, not to exempt the need for LOS in the actual targeting. "Only the chosen figure requires LOS" (an intended clarification) rather than "The chosen figure requires only clear sight" (a rule override). Big difference! So it's really just an intended clarification that went awry through fuzzy terminology and ambiguous word order. Wow. I took this sentence at face value the first time I read it years ago, and never questioned it until today.

@dok and @CT actually explained this, but somehow I missed that they were pointing me to the adjacent figures. Thanks for the eye-opener guys. Again I find out I've played this game wrong for 8 years. Wow.

Okay, back to The Varja. I'll go strike the errors off my list.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list

Last edited by Just_a_Bill; May 22nd, 2015 at 12:58 AM.
Old May 22nd, 2015, 08:16 AM

hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker

Part of the confusion over the base could be because the information in the C3V public miniature information thread lists him as single spaced on a D3 base. I was really thrown off when the book listed double space because I have been looking at that thread for a few years now Great design, I can't wait to try him out. Thanks again for all your hard work C3V.
Old May 22nd, 2015, 08:46 AM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Also, the OP is incorrect; the Varja was designed and tested as a double-spaced figure.

No the figure used is from Savage Encounters and it was determined by the ERB and the design team that it is best on a D&D Large Single Base.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Also, the OP is incorrect; the Varja was designed and tested as a double-spaced figure.
This picture is incorrect then? He looks like he fits perfectly fine on a single space. I know mine's does (when I cut his base).

I think you have the second one. I have both, the one with two hands down is HUGE and has to be on a double space. The second one has one hand up (the official one) and is like half the size of him and fits easily on a single base.

Megasilver is correct, the smaller Nightwalker figure from Savage Encounters was chosen for this design, for its better price and more availability at the time of design. When the figure was announced in the Miniature announcement thread, it was announced as a single large D&D base.

The wrong figure is the one from Giants of Legends, which is the one with both arms down...that one does not fit on a large base and is much bigger than the one from Savage Encounters.

OP is corrected.

-ZB

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old May 22nd, 2015, 08:52 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
He's a single space figure. The OP, the photos and our mini announcement were correct. Sherman, however, is not.

Oops: Z ninja.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 30th, 2015, 12:48 AM

Not User Name knows what's in an order marker Not User Name knows what's in an order marker

Is a large D&D base bigger than a Deathwalker 9000 base?
Old May 31st, 2015, 01:06 AM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not User Name View Post
Is it like the frost giant's base and Moltenclaw'S?

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old May 31st, 2015, 07:39 AM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow Grut View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not User Name View Post
Is it like the frost giant's base and Moltenclaw'S?

It's quite a bit bigger, it still works, but if you are on weird terrain, or near castle pieces, it can get weird. It overlaps a tiny bit on adjacent hexes. Same base as Augamo, if you have him.
Old June 2nd, 2015, 11:28 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Due to an internal miscommunication, I was mistaken here; the Varja was playtested as a single-spaced figure. Sorry for any confusion I caused.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs