Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old September 19th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: Rebasing: A Guide for Bases and Stickers

That is good to know. I re-based my Omegacron (pictured in the Book of Omegacron) and I did have a tough time debasing him. But I think he turned out well.
Old September 19th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirek View Post
I was somewhat shocked my first time when Omegacron shot across the room.

-Mike

Well he does have a good ranged attack.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old September 19th, 2011, 09:04 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirek View Post
I was somewhat shocked my first time when Omegacron shot across the room.

-Mike

Well he does have a good ranged attack.
Gah, that was awful. Plus rep for bad puns.

Edit: gah, must wait.
Old September 21st, 2011, 07:42 PM

yodajunkie has disabled reputation

updates to my bases are.
I've found a company to make my stickers, so in the near future they will be die cut (round ones only, still trying to get the peanut ones die cut), and adhesive backed. Also I can leave them off if you want for easy cutting out of the sticker before application.
I've also matched closer the color and style of the official stickers.
The sticker update shortens my production time, so if they work out well, they should lower my prices on at least the round bases, as I do not have to cut out each one, just peal and stick.
best way to get a in contact with me is directly at yodajunkiedesigns@yahoo.com. I do offer discounts for orders off ebay, as there are no ebay fees to pay.

"The force will be with you, Always." Obi-Wan
Old September 21st, 2011, 07:57 PM

yodajunkie has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Mac, thanks, that helps a lot.

I have a few Yodajunkie bases (given me by a friend), and am wondering about just glueing the figures' feet directly to the sticker as is. It does seem thick and sturdy, and glued strongly enough to the resin that it doesnt' seem likely to come off, so I'm wondering if that would do the trick and be stable enough. Have you had bad experiences with this?
Yes. It will work as long as you are uber-careful with your figures. It's just too easy to put a bit of pressure on the figure, the feet will come off the base taking a layer of the sticker with it.

I've never asked him, but I wonder if Yodajunkie would ship the bases and the stickers separately so you could attach them yourself. I imagine it would be easier to remove spots before attaching the sticker. The stock is thicker and would not be likely to tear. Just a thought.
I can ship the covers separate, no problem. In fact if the new stickers I get work well, I think I will go to shipping them separate all the time. That way you can cut out spots for the feet before putting the sticker on. the new sticker will be peel and stick.

"The force will be with you, Always." Obi-Wan
Old September 21st, 2011, 10:20 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodajunkie View Post
updates to my bases are.
I've found a company to make my stickers, so in the near future they will be die cut (round ones only, still trying to get the peanut ones die cut), and adhesive backed. Also I can leave them off if you want for easy cutting out of the sticker before application.
I've also matched closer the color and style of the official stickers.
The sticker update shortens my production time, so if they work out well, they should lower my prices on at least the round bases, as I do not have to cut out each one, just peal and stick.
best way to get a in contact with me is directly at yodajunkiedesigns@yahoo.com. I do offer discounts for orders off ebay, as there are no ebay fees to pay.
Good to know, Yodajunkie. Please be sure to post when the new stickers are available.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old October 23rd, 2011, 04:22 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
So, I decided to rebase D&D, Star Wars, and 'Clix minis, but leave the bases of Rackham minis (Confrontation, AT-43) but maybe sand them down a bit, as they are almost the same circumference and bevel, but just a little taller. I used the Yodajunkie bases and put the figures in boiling water for about 30 seconds, then used a kitchen paring knife to cut.

Here are my C3V Minis:
Old October 24th, 2011, 12:19 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Sorry to double post but I have a couple questions.

People suggest not to glue the figure to the sticker, but rather cut the sticker away and glue to the base. However, since I got yodajunkie's pre-stickered bases, I found it difficult to cut part of the sticker off so just super-glued the figure to the bases. It seems to work fine, but I wondered others experience on the longevity of super-gluing to the sticker.

Also, I had trouble cutting off the 'clix figure from the base, namely John Varan, but I plan on doing C3G now that I bought some bases. The first question, is do you cut off the little round piece from the main pace or do you cut the figure off the little round piece. Maybe I need a sharper knife though, but I used a cutco knife, which is sharper than pretty much any other knife on the planet (I used to sell them), but I haven't sharpened it in awhile.
Old October 24th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Personally, I've not had good luck with figures glued directly to the sticker. It doesn't seem to take much to cause them to peel. I would imagine if you were careful (at least more careful than me or my son), it would work. I think it also depends on how much surface contact there is between the figure and the base. Figures with large flat feet or multiple points of contact would likely have more staying power.

I've heard of Cutco knives and they are very good. I'm wondering if it more of the style of the knife. Cutco knives are designed to work well with foods, but not necessarily detail work on stiff plastic. A hobby knife, like an Xacto, has a blade that it much thinner allowing for more precise cuts.

IIRC, the Sgt. Rock figure has round pads on the bottoms of the feet to provide a better gluing surface. They don't look bad on a Clix base, but stand out like a sore thumb on a Scape base. I usually slice the figure off of these "pads" before basing them.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old October 24th, 2011, 07:48 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I would like to link this website for the purpose of adding to the main page. Order these and do the same thing. Then you have a base that is similar to these new small bases if you want any of those.
Old October 24th, 2011, 08:09 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief View Post
I would like to link this website for the purpose of adding to the main page. Order these and do the same thing. Then you have a base that is similar to these new small bases if you want any of those.
Thanks, chief. I added it to the OP.
Old October 24th, 2011, 10:25 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief View Post
Chief, that's an interesting site. I'm wondering, though, what you'd use the magnetic bases for with 'Scape figures. Got something sneaky in mind?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs