Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News
AotP News Sightings, official news, etc.

Notices

Old June 24th, 2016, 08:13 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Shadows Over Innistrad Details

Planeswalkers will be Jace, Sorin, Nahiri, and Arlinn.

New creatures include Avacyn (white), Necro-Alchemist (blue), Ghoul Vanguard (black), and Mad Prophet (red).

Street Date: August 1

Price: $29.99

(From Boardgamegeek--Hasbro via Gnome Games).

Last edited by chas; June 25th, 2016 at 06:43 AM.
Old June 24th, 2016, 11:41 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Shadows Over Innistrad Details

Sweet. More multicolored planeswalkers. I predict they'll be in correlation with the Magic set, which would end up like:

Nahiri - Red/White
Sorin - Black/White
Arlinn - Red/Green
Jace - Blue

Really excited for Avacyn too. Thanks for sharing!

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old June 25th, 2016, 12:17 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Disappointed we're getting a new Jace instead of a Tamiyo...

Curious what Avacyn will look like. Special rules for a Legendary Creature? Will she be red/white or mono-white? How nice is the sculpt going to be? Lots of questions!
Old June 25th, 2016, 12:21 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Planeswalkers will be Jace, Sorin, Nahiri, and Arlinn.

New creatures include Avacyn (white), Necro-Alchemist (blue), Ghoul Vanguard (black), and Mad Prophet (red).

Street Date: August 1

Price: $30.00

(From Boardgamegeek through Hasbro).
Thanks for the info. August 1? Wow, that is not too far away. The only thing I don't like is them including another another Jace instead of a new Planeswalker. That is rather disappointing.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old June 25th, 2016, 02:05 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Blog on Gnome Games

Last edited by GaryLASQ; February 13th, 2022 at 06:15 PM.
Old June 25th, 2016, 06:31 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Are any of these creatures squads? Are any of them Common? (The game description on the Gnome Games site only mentions Unique Squads). To those of us who don't know MTG, they are just funny names. Any further into you knowledgeable guys have about them would be appreciated...

The photo seems to show a fifth creature (Black?). Any ideas?

The text also says it is a stand alone, but then mentions 'five' Planeswalkers, so clearly it is meant to go with previous sets.

Last edited by chas; June 25th, 2016 at 06:47 AM.
Old June 25th, 2016, 08:43 AM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Are any of these creatures squads? Are any of them Common? (The game description on the Gnome Games site only mentions Unique Squads). To those of us who don't know MTG, they are just funny names. Any further into you knowledgeable guys have about them would be appreciated...

The photo seems to show a fifth creature (Black?). Any ideas?

The text also says it is a stand alone, but then mentions 'five' Planeswalkers, so clearly it is meant to go with previous sets.
I'm guessing each of these are unique heroes/squads, but there will be a 2nd Squad worth of figs for each color included in the box as well.

Avacyn is one of the huge badass storyline Angels who kicks a lot of ass, Expect her figure to be expensive and powerful. Unique Hero for sure.

Necro-Alchemist is not really any specific thing in MTG, but definitely fits the Blue/Black aesthetic for Innistrad. There's a character in the lore named 'Stitcher Geralf' who is a blue mage fascinated with death that stitches together zombies from spare parts. I'm guessing this is going to be one of his creations and will be a Blue/Black multicolored Army Card.

Ghoul Vanguard is another that doesn't have a direct parallel in magic, but fits black's zombie theme. Probably will have Zombie subtype and synergies.

Mad Prophet is an Innistrad mainstay. A creature with Haste that has the ability to do the red version of 'looting'. Discard a card to Draw a card. I expect he has almost this exact same ability in AoTP

As far as the 5th 'creature' you're asking about. I'm guessing you mean the bottom right one? It's Arlinn Kord in her Werewolf Form. I'm interested to see how they do that. In M:TG she is a dual faced planeswalker. She starts out on her human side, and once you fulfill certain requirements, she flips to her 'night' side and turns into a Werewolf with all new abilities.
Old June 25th, 2016, 09:13 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

August 1 is in time for Gen Con. Have to pick it up there. And then yell "This is Heroscape!".
I would love to play but the only AotP tournament is the same day as my RPG.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 25th, 2016, 09:46 AM

mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It is exciting to see this game growing. Isn't this way ahead of the fall release we initially heard? I love that we have so many ways to play heroscape. AotP is for me another fun variation. I just wish they would introduce some decent terrain.
Old June 25th, 2016, 10:42 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Does anyone have a figure list for the included figures for this new set?

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old June 25th, 2016, 11:11 AM

Kajoq,

Thanks for the info! We're just getting started in learning what is in the box. Its great that its coming a month early, if that actually happens.

As others have said, its dumb that a Planeswalker is duplicated in the limited resources we get doled out to us. But who knows, maybe he'll be somehow different than the original. Although personally, I always hated the duplication of Raelin and Drake in the original game's second Master Set, even powered up!

As for terrain, you'd better get your original game terrain as you can...

The big question now is, if as you guess there is a squad for each color (hopefully Green too), will they be Common Squads? The publicity text mentioned seems to indicate not, but we know they are coming--if the game lasts that long.
Old June 25th, 2016, 12:31 PM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!

I'm sure the Jace will definitely have different stats/rules. It appears he's based on Jace, Unraveler of Secrets (the iteration of Jace that is in the M:TG set Shadows Over Innistrad)

This Jace can bounce creatures, if the AoTP one can too that will be pretty strong.

I already went a little overboard stocking up on terrain once I discovered AoTP/Heroscape... I'm sitting at minimum 1 of everything and ~5 ROTV, 5 RTTFF, 5 FOTA

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News