Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old November 6th, 2015, 07:34 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Mister Terrific (Design Phase)

First thing I noticed was that Champion of All Things Fair does not currently work, but I see Bats already covered that. Personally, I'd rather see the focus be on Man of a Thousand Talents, but if you really want to keep CoATF, I would suggest using the mechanic that Bats suggested.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old November 7th, 2015, 04:48 AM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

What if instead of the whole Heroic Duty riff, you just made his whole "re-roll dice" power work for himself/adjacent figures, but only if they whiff? That seems like "fair play" to me, and would also cut down on the amount of dice rolling (defender rolls defense and whiffs, Mr. T moves adjacent, rolls defense, you don't like the result, and roll again... Lot of steps).

Plus it would keep his cost down. Since this is a Golden Age character, I'd hate to see him be a routinely better fighter than Batman (which he probably will be with 4A/5D if he can re-roll attack/defense dice every attack).

I'd also probably cut the "at the start of the round, choose one of these" aspect of the power, since that seems very single-minded and not at all like a man who has an answer for everything. Then I'd concentrate on keeping the options fun and useful, but not overpowered. That's why I'd make the dice re-roll only on a whiff. It's a real bummer to whiff, and if he fixes that for a small aura, he'll find a place in plenty of armies.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!

Last edited by Margloth; November 7th, 2015 at 04:53 AM. Reason: More blustery opinions
Old November 7th, 2015, 09:14 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Margloth

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 7th, 2015, 09:59 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

I like the single power card as well.

Could we add at least his first name to the title so I don't get this one confused with the other one?

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old November 7th, 2015, 10:01 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
I like the single power card as well.
WEll I like the idea of that..I'd hate to lose the theme of Champion of All Things Fair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
Could we add at least his first name to the title so I don't get this one confused with the other one?
Done.
Old November 7th, 2015, 10:06 AM

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Mister Terrific - Terry Sloane (Design Phase

What is the theme of Champion of All Things Fair? I don't know the character at all, and I'm not getting anything from the power in the SP other than "defends people." Which is a theme for most superheroes already.

Old November 7th, 2015, 10:11 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
What is the theme of Champion of All Things Fair? I don't know the character at all, and I'm not getting anything from the power in the SP other than "defends people." Which is a theme for most superheroes already.
Well yes, but there's more beyond that..fairness or unfairness is very difficult to represent in game mechanics..and the best I could come up with was that a whiff equals unfairness and as a result he steps in to make it more fair, I actually like Margloth's idea on that front.
Old November 7th, 2015, 10:21 AM

I like the "re-roll on whiff" idea as well.

Also, nice to see you around these parts, Margloth!

Old November 7th, 2015, 11:16 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Here's where I think we are at currently.
Quote:
NAME = MISTER TERRIFIC
SECRET IDENTITY = TERRY SLOANE

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MYSTERY MAN
PERSONALITY = VALIANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ?

MAN OF A THOUSAND TALENTS
Before taking a turn, choose one of the following to be in effect until the next time you reveal an Order Marker:
  • When Mister Terrific attacks with a normal attack or defends against a normal attack, you may re-roll any dice that show blanks once per roll; or
  • When Mister Terrific or a figure within two spaces rolls the 20-sided die, you may add or subtract one from that roll; or
  • Choose an opponent’s figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Mister Terrific and whenever an Order Marker is revealed on the chosen figure's Army Card, you may immediately move Mister Terrific or a friendly figure within clear sight of Mister Terrific up to 4 spaces.
CHAMPION OF ALL THINGS FAIR
If an adjacent Mystery Man, Prodigy, or Civilian you control is attacked and rolls no shields, you may immediately move Mister Terrific adjacent to the defending figure, if possible, and the defending figure may re-roll all defense dice one additional time.

Last edited by Karat; November 8th, 2015 at 12:50 PM.
Old November 7th, 2015, 08:05 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Margloth
That was my first thought!

For the Champions of All Things Fair, any chance of just making either a static aura or (better) just work on adjacency and losing the movement part? Just not sure the movement aspect is worth the complexity in this case.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 7th, 2015, 08:39 PM
Now moves with Flying.

I contemplated that actually.
Old November 8th, 2015, 12:59 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Here's where I think we are at currently.
Quote:
NAME = MISTER TERRIFIC
SECRET IDENTITY = TERRY SLOANE

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MYSTERY MAN
PERSONALITY = VALIANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ?

MAN OF A THOUSAND TALENTS
Before taking a turn, choose one of the following to be in effect until the next time you reveal an Order Marker:
  • When Mister Terrific attacks with a normal attack or defends against a normal attack, you may re-roll any dice that show blanks once per roll; or
  • When Mister Terrific or a figure within two spaces rolls the 20-sided die, you may add or subtract 1 from that roll; or
  • Choose an opponent’s figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Mister Terrific. Whenever an Order Marker is revealed on the chosen figure's Army Card, you may immediately move Mister Terrific or a friendly figure within clear sight of Mister Terrific up to 4 spaces.
CHAMPION OF ALL THINGS FAIR
If a Mystery Man, Prodigy, or Civilian you control within 3 clear sight spaces of Mister Terrific is attacked and rolls no shields, the defending figure may re-roll all defense dice once.
Any other comments here or are we good to move forward?

Last edited by Karat; November 9th, 2015 at 01:39 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library