Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old November 15th, 2012, 05:38 PM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Lyrgard's battle reports (links in OP)

Some suggested me to open my own battle report thread... So here it is !
It is mainly reports I did on the french forum that I translate for you.

Current battle report :

The Undead Plague II

List of previous Battle Reports :

1) Dashi Tokainto's ninjas vs sir Gilbert's valiant army

2) Dashi Tokainto's ninjas vs HSB, Nilfheim & Raelin

3) Heroscape Online Season 3 Grand final : Foudzing vf Kevindola

4) Dashi Tokainto's ninjas vs sir Gilbert's valiant army 2, the return match !

5) Temple of the Dragon

6) Internecine Rivalry in Vydar's rank

7) Battle for the Dire Stone

8 ) Mariedan Resistance vs Creatures of the wood

9) Troll hunt party

10) The undead plague

11) Subterranean Sabotage

12) Assault on the Falcon

13) French Heroscape Tournament 2013 DanieLoche vs Tandros

Last edited by Lyrgard; August 26th, 2015 at 08:19 AM.
Old November 15th, 2012, 05:41 PM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Lyrgard's battle reports

Here is a little replay of a game I played against myself (hard to find opponent here in France)

I wanted to test Dashi Tokainto, a SoV figure to be, who try to give a boost to dust gathering ninjas heroes.

The Dashi Tokainto Army Card

I played on the Remains of Clionesia. There are lots of sight blocker, let's see how Dashi Tokainto manage with it.

Dashi cost 120pts. If we add all existing ninja, it amounts to 500pts ! nice !
Dashi Tokainto (120pts)

Ninjas of the Northern Wind (110pts)
Moriko (110pts)
Kumiko (80pts, I don't have her, so Elaria will be used as proxy)
Shiori (60pts)
Otonashi (10pts)
Isamu (10pts)
= 500pts, 9hex
Against a Jandar's army :
Sir Gilbert (105pts)

2x Knights of Weston (2x 70pts)
2x 4th Mass (2x 70pts)
1x Templar Cavalery (120pts)
= 505pts, 23hex
The map, with the two army

Ninjas :

Jandar's army :

Let's go !

Spoiler Alert!
Old November 15th, 2012, 05:45 PM

Another solo game CR to test Dashi Tokainto

Carte d'armée de Dashi Tokainto

Still on the same map Remains of Clionesia.

Ninja's army :
Dashi Tokainto (120pts)
Ninjas of the northern wind (110pts)
Moriko (110pts)
Kumiko (80pts. I don't have it, Elaria will be used as proxy)
Shiori (60pts)
Otonashi (10pts)
Isamu (10pts)
= 500pts, 9hex
Against a Brute Army :
2x Horned Skull Brutes (2x 75pts
2x Deathreavers (2x 40pts)
Raelin, the Kyrie Warrior (80pts)
Nilfheim (185pts)
= 495pts, 17hex
The map with the two armies :

Ninjas :

Brute & Co :

WARNING : I made some errors during this game, making it not really valuable to determine Dashi worth. Whatever, just enjoy the photo

Let's go !

Spoiler Alert!
Old November 16th, 2012, 11:02 PM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Dashi really seems to bring the ninjas together. I love how he just floats away from trouble, unperturbed. Perfectly designed to the sculpt, playing like an evil, anime villain.
Old November 16th, 2012, 11:06 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Subscribed! Awesome battle reports.
Old November 17th, 2012, 12:14 AM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

Awesom report Lyrgard!
Old November 20th, 2012, 03:54 PM

I couldn't look at the online championship's final, but dok gave me editing right so I could go through the google doc history. By doing that, looking at the combat log and with a little help from foudzing, I was able to make a CR of this game.

Here it is, for people that couldn't be there, and to stay in memory (hum, yeah, foudzing and I are both French, so I guess it is a little chauvinistic, but eh, we're french, aren't we ? )

Positions at the start of the game

Let's go !
Spoiler Alert!

Congratulation to all that played the championship.
Many thanks to Auggies for sponsoring. We really appreciate what you do for Heroscape, here or in France (you are the best Heroscape supplier !)
Old December 6th, 2012, 03:25 PM

Re: Lyrgard's battle reports (links in OP)

Here is yet another battle report concerning Dashi Tokainto !

I played against a Friend, Thörsit. He choose to take the Jandar's army, and let me take the Ninja's army

Jandar's army :
Sir Gilbert (105pts)
2x Knights of Weston (2x 70pts)
2x 4th Mass (2x 70pts)
1x Templar Cavalery (120pts)
= 505pts, 23hex
Ninja's army :
Dashi Tokainto (120pts)
Ninjas of the Northern Wind (110pts)
Moriko (110pts)
Kumiko (80pts, don't have her yer, Elaria will be used as proxy)
Shiori (60pts)
Otonashi (10pts)
Isamu (10pts)
= 500pts, 9hex
The map :

Glyphs was : Mov+2 and Def+1

Thörist's army of good :

My assassination army : :

Let's go !

Spoiler Alert!

It was a very entertaining game, a lot more complicated that the previous for Dashi, having to keep an eye on two ninjas on two fronts, with all the walls. Very interesting and strategic, I often had to plan 2 moves ahead to be sure to not send a ninja somewhere I could not see him/her anymore.
At the end of the game, the weakness of the ninja shows clearly : they are quite brittle. At the begining of the game, Thörsit did not attack a ninja with full force, allowing them to stay alive. If you are playing against them, my advice is : concentrate. Concentrate on killing the ninjas, one after the other. Do not disperse your attack if possible. Stay together, because ninjas are evasive and will try to attack units that can not retaliate, and their good move can sometime allow them to outrun you. If I were to play the Jandar's army against the Ninjas on this map, I'll simply slow roll all my army. Thörist try to take the 2 glyphs (and the move glyph helped him a lot), and try to race to the center of the map, separating his forces, allowing Ninjas to go from one group to another, depending of the situation. If he let his units stay together, he would kill on the spot any ninja fool enough to attack such a mass.

A good game, with fun moment (I loved when Moriko stormed the opponent's camp just to fall on the knight back), and turning tide !

Some people, seing my first two games with Dashi wondered if he was not overpowered, to be able to kill a knight army. He clearly is not overpowered. His army have great weakness, but on the other way, the excellent mobility of the Ninja allow them to strike hard at any mistake of the opponent. Clearly, you need some experience to play against them, because they behave in an unique way, and it make them very interesting.
I really enjoyed playing Dashi Tokainto, and I hope we will see him soon being released by the SoV ! I give him my

Last edited by Lyrgard; December 6th, 2012 at 03:34 PM.
Old December 6th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I didn't know you posted all this battle reports also here!

They're great, once again.

Old December 7th, 2012, 03:27 PM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Love these battles, Dashi makes the ninjas look like fun, which is something they've struggled to be for a long time! Great use of the Templar here, too.

I see you're using the original Remains of Clionesia in this latest report. Tannergx updated the map slightly, based on its use in the tournament. Not sure if you're interested, but here's his changes.

Does the lip on that table help prevent dice rolling off?
Old December 8th, 2012, 07:29 AM

@Foudzing :
Thanks ! Congratulation for your title, by the way

@Shedim Kabal
Thanks a lot too ! For the kind word, and for mentioning the update of the map, of which I was not aware. I'm very interested, and the change looks great !

For the lip on the table, I don't use them. Perhaps it doesn't show, but it is a glass table, and the dice make a lot of noise on it, so I roll them in a little box (I also want to make a dice tower, would be super nice !)
Old February 22nd, 2013, 08:49 AM

Here is the report of a doubly strange game I played : it is a dongeon crawl type of game, and a solo game.

Is is a campaign that I want friends to play, so I made this solo game to test it. In this campaign, 3 players are allied against a GM.

In this game, I play all 4 roles (3 players + 1 GM) to test the campaign difficulty, and more generally, to test the campaign.

The campaign is "Temple of the Dragon", written by SgtHulka. Many thanks to him !

Here is the pitch :

• Zelrig flew over the Table of the Giants, circling it twice while searching for any sign of ambush. He did not trust his fellow Icarians. Braxas and Nilfheim were too undisciplined, and Charos had taken the habit of surrounding himself with a bodyguard of lizardmen. But for the moment, at least, Zelrig could detect no sign of greenscales lurking in the forest. Charos and Nilfheim seemed to be alone.

Zelrig landed on the great stone table with a flap of wings, an aura of flame, and an intimidating growl. "Why have you called this council and where is the black queen?!"

Nilfheim bared his fangs but Charos did not flinch at Zelrig's gaudy display of power. "The absence of Queen Braxas is the very reason I called this council. The alliance is broken. Vydar has traded our future for his present."

Zelrig snarled. The emerald monarch had adopted the elves’ love of metaphor. "Speak plainly. What is this future you speak of?"

"Eggs," Nilfheim replied with disgust. "Vydar has traded Braxas' eggs for an Utgarian promise to stop defiling the waters of Ostriyick."

Zelrig was impressed. Braxas, it seemed, had adopted her Warlord's love of trickery."Then she traded a brick for a jade gem. The eggs are worthless to Utgar. Only a black Icarian can bless them with life."

"Othkurik has given them life. Even now they are ready to hatch."

Zelrig's anger was obvious in the fire that spit with each word. "Othkurik is not Icarian! How dare Braxas allow our blood to mix with his kind! We should fly immediately, destroy the eggs, and discipline that Torilian runt!"

Charos allowed silence to rein for a moment, giving Zelrig's anger time to pass. And then he spoke calmly. "We cannot destroy the eggs for the very reason that Othkurik is a runt. He has hidden them within one of his dank caves, too small for us to enter, and protected them with a fortress of stone Utgar has named 'Temple of the Dragon'."

Nilfheim interjected: "With the alliance broken, passage to Bleakwoode through Ostriyick is closed to our armies."

Charos nodded. "Only a small group of our most trusted heroes have both the subtlety to pass through Vydar's lands unnoticed and the power to penetrate the Temple of the Dragon. I have already sent envoys to Aquilla, hoping that she will send a fellowship to support our quest. But what of you and Einar? Can we trust you?"

Zelrig's eyes narrowed in thought. He must choose his next words carefully...

3 hero's groups gather in front of a forest hiding the Temple of the Dragon, where Othkurik watchs over Braxas' eggs incubation.

Photos of the Temple :

From the start zone, we see the first hinderance, a dark and gloomy forest. (Normally, one should use the road to the forgotten forest's trees, but I didn't have that extension, so I used Ticcala's Jungle's trees and bushes, without applying the additionnal defense against ranged attacks):

Once the heroes pass the forest, they find themself in front of a fould swamp. They will have the choice to either cross the bridge or to wade through to directly access the nest's cave.

Going by the bridge can get them 3 treasures glyphs, and 2 others await in the back of a strangely silent cimetery.

In the back of the cimetery stands an ill maintened tower, with a poor looking, but thick nonetheless door, that seems to lead to the nest's cave.

And here is the target, the eggs' nest

Objectives :

- GM wins if he manage to protect the nest.
- Heroes win if the destroy the nest and manage to have at least 300point worth of figures to get back to the start zone.
- Any other outcome is a draw

Specials rules of the campaign :

Every player make a 200points, heroes only, army and get a full set of order markers

GM's complete army is worth 1700points, but :
- The GM have 5 armies, that appears under certains conditions.
- the GM only have one set of OM per army
- If an event make a GM's army appears, the current round immediatly end, and a new one begin.
- Destroying the nest cause all remaining GM's armies to appear immédiatly

Special rules : walking wounded
This special rule allow a player to bring a hero back to life. To do that, the player must put an order marker on the dead hero's card. When the order marker should be revealed, instead of taking a turn with this card, the player can choice to permanently remove this order marker from the game, and to put the dead hero next to another hero he/she controls. Wounds markers on this card are all removed.

The armies :

Players' armies :

Army 1 : Raelin + Kaemon Awa
Army 2 : Kelda + Tandros Kreel
Army 3 : Rhogar Dragonspine + Darrak Ambershard + Guilty McCreech (I don't have Rhogar, so I'll use a greenscale warrior custom I have instead)

GM's armies :

Armée 1 : 2x Wolves de badru + Werewolf Lord + Isamu
Armée 2 : 2x Zombies de Moridan + 1x Shades of Bleakewoode + 1x Phantom Knights
Armée 3 : Othkurik + Wo-Sa-Ga + 1x marrden nagrubs + 2x Marro drudges + 1x Deathstalkers
Armée 4 : 2x Deepwyrm Drow + Pelloth + Estavira
Armée 5 : 3x Black Wyrmling + the Nest + 1x goblin cutters

The Nest is a special figure, quite alike the Marro Hive. The nest figure consists of 3 Brandar glyphs and the battlements. The nest has the exact same caracteristics than the Marro Hive, and the following powers instead :

Quote:
COLLECTIVE MEMORY
After revealing an Order Marker on this Army Card, you may take a turn with any two Wyrmlings you control before taking a turn with Egg Clutch. Any Wyrmling that is taking a turn must be within 12 clear sight spaces of Egg Clutch prior to its movement.

HATCHING EGGS
After taking a turn with Egg Clutch, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, you may place any previously destroyed Wyrmling from your army on any empty space containing a Glyph of Brandar.
Here Begins the Adventure !

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Lyrgard; April 2nd, 2014 at 02:35 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports