Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old April 7th, 2021, 01:48 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Cool. I've done the cheaper version but used paint instead of ink. I may have to pick up some ink. Thanks for sharing.
I got the inks in the other week and they turned out pretty great compared to a paint wash. I test painted 9 stormtroopers with the black ink wash to check it out and it worked pretty well. I decided to take the plunge the other day and picked up a nice hardback set of the core Dungeon and Dragons books off of Amazon. They have some kind of foil covers on them and come with a DMs screen as well. It has the players handbook, the dungeon masters guide, and the monster manual. They are out for delivery today. In the set, they ran at about 91 dollars. Separately through other sites I browsed at the time they were much more. Can’t wait to dive into reading them. I got with my brothers to see if they would want to play it as well as some of my other family members and they told me to give it a go. I have some neighbors that like to play board games with us as well that want to try it. I have plenty of minis, terrain, and dice already so it just made sense to get the manuals. Got my lando and kallus legion expansions in as well as me kicking some of my printers on the other night. I have started printing some of those rebel speeder trucks. I had to cut the model in half to fit it on my print bed . My brother printed me a handful of the big bases for those and the new laat since he can print the bases in one piece on his larger print bed and bases don’t come out as good when they have to be printed multiparty. In return I hooked him up with 93 assorted Heroscape bases I had previously printed for kicks. I’m chunking through my painting backlog pretty well. After my last pirate crew is painted which are a crew of Vikings for rum and bones, I’ve put all the other merc boxes on a randomizer. I’ve done it before, random painting different sets to keep the painting excitement fresh. I’ll probably do the same thing with my other games, or squad sets to keep from painting too many of the same types of troops at once. Lots of fun stuff.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old April 8th, 2021, 11:33 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

That should be fun if you can get people into DnD. The main thing is being able to have somewhat regular sessions, because otherwise people will forget what's going on and such. The group I'm in was playing once or twice per month, depending on schedules, but Covid pretty much messed that up for a while now.

I've been enjoying the play by forum Star Wars Edge of the Empire rpg campaign I've been in for about a year now. Lots of great SW moments. In fact, my group just hired a group of 5 Clone veterans to help us with an assault.

I just ordered a PDF bundle of 2 rpgs for like $26. One is a space themed rpg called Coriolis and supplements, and the other is Tales From the Loop, where you play as kids from age 10 to 15 in the 80's time period. But this has some Sci Fi elements to it because of the scientific inventions and the partical accelerator. Magnetic floating ships, robots, dinos, time travel etc. I am going to be playing that on BGG in a play by forum once everyone gets ready. We're just in the early phase of getting this going.

Here's the link to the bundle, as it has 11 days left.

https://bundleofholding.com/presents/2021CoriolisLoop

There is a second bundle for the games with more supplements. I got that too.

https://bundleofholding.com/presents/CoriLoop2

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old April 14th, 2021, 06:42 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Here's a Nickstarter for Stargrave if anyone was interested:

http://nstarmagazine.com/STARGRAVE_1...XJk5HMljozEPLw

Old April 14th, 2021, 01:08 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Here's a Nickstarter for Stargrave if anyone was interested:

http://nstarmagazine.com/STARGRAVE_1...XJk5HMljozEPLw
This is definitely a good deal. If I were to do it, I would do the 50.00 set for the three boxes with the book and stretch goals. With all the minis I have already I only really need the book, but for someone looking to jump in that is a great deal. All the sprues can make even more figures if you know how to kit bash them and make extra bits on a printer. I know I 3d printed bodies for both my cultists box and snakemen box and literally doubled the amount of models from them. I'll still keep my eye on it though.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 14th, 2021, 04:44 PM
"like" happy

@Hahma , lately I've been mocking up all the different terrain pieces for all the specific stargrave and frostgrave scenarios in my 3d programs and printing them all out. I've just about covered everything from almost all the supplement books. I also have been making stls of everything that is star wars legion. I just finished printing out all the new vehicles and figures for all the stuff they just released spoilers for cards for. I've made the max amount of each unit that you can play for a grand army game for all the units that are currently out for all 4 factions. I'm also printing out all the different artisan guild models I've got from being a patreon of them and have some really great models that will work perfectly for warbands for games like frostgrave. I've been doing that while at home getting better from my last bout of pnuemonia. Been also organizing all my hobby spaces around my house.
Old September 14th, 2021, 09:14 PM

Reign is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I have been building and painting crews for Stargrave with my wife and three boys. We are combining and converting our crews from many different multiple part kits and old miniatures as well.
Attachments Pending Approval
File Type: jpeg 87AC21CE-4C61-49CF-9127-89BDF9986F9A.jpeg
Old September 14th, 2021, 09:25 PM
Prickly Cactus

Dang you're busy Trex!

I have just gotten a bunch of Elder Scrolls Call to Arms minis painted and a few games of it played. Painted Kallus, the Inferno squad and a couple squads of Deathtroopers.

I've been working on the official LAAT ship for a while now. Sub assembly and painting lots of pieces before final assembly and finishing touches. Lots of work to it and I'm not really rushing it. Haven't had a lot of time so just doing what I can bit by bit. Can't wait to get it done.

Old September 14th, 2021, 11:31 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Dang you're busy Trex!

I have just gotten a bunch of Elder Scrolls Call to Arms minis painted and a few games of it played. Painted Kallus, the Inferno squad and a couple squads of Deathtroopers.

I've been working on the official LAAT ship for a while now. Sub assembly and painting lots of pieces before final assembly and finishing touches. Lots of work to it and I'm not really rushing it. Haven't had a lot of time so just doing what I can bit by bit. Can't wait to get it done.
Very cool. I printed up a few Skyrim dragons on my ender 3 printers. I printed one up at 100% and it’s absolutely massive. I printed another one last night at 50% scale making it about similar in size with Heroscape dragons. I ultimately decided not to bite for the elder scrolls game because I have too many games as is, but am still printing some of the Skyrim stuff to go with dnd type stuff and generic fantasy. I’m getting better and better at 3D modeling, so I have made tons of great files that I’ve printed off. Not sure if you seen the mini extravaganza from Atomic Mass Games, but there is some incredible stuff coming up. Anything with spoiled cards I have already printed out cards, designed and printed units, and am gearing up to paint them. Loads of fun stuff. After I catch all that up, the other game I plan on printing for will be fallout since I have all those card packs and starter set.

@Reign , I plan on doing up a bunch of modular sci fi Star Wars minis and digital kitbashing to put together a few stargrave crews. Lots of fun stuff for sure.
Old September 14th, 2021, 11:34 PM
"like" happy

I also recently started another game of Skyrim on my wife’s PlayStation profile. I already achieved everything on multiple accounts, but enjoy watching the trophy achievements pop up when I beat objectives. I’ve only played for a few days and already have a level 50 character. I’m playing a khajit this go around that’s a sneaky pickpocket. Way fun.
Old September 15th, 2021, 08:44 AM
Prickly Cactus

I haven't played Skyrim in a while. Would like to, but I'd have to give up painting minis for awhile. Not ready to do that yet. Maybe at some point I'll get caught up enough to play video games again.

Old September 30th, 2021, 06:06 PM
"like" happy

@Hahma . I got in a 4 player Star Wars legion game in last night. We played a team standard battle. I taught it to 2 new people and the other two have played a handful of games each. Rebels vs droids. One team ran 4 squads of fleet troopers with commander Luke and sabine. The droid team had grievous, a spider droid, droidekas, two squads of b1s, two squads of b2s, and a persuader snail tank. One squad of b2s started deployed in the tank. We played with all the new cards and units. I got to see what force speed could do on a force user. Luke was able to rush over and finish off a tank. It was a blast. I’ve been getting a ton of my legion stuff painted and a looking forward to the new updates that are coming up. Especially for Commander Vader. The guys are getting pretty excited about list building, so I’m hoping that will lead to games more often. I also 3D printed a whole bunch of token and card organizers that hold all my stuff in two boxes.
Old September 30th, 2021, 06:34 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

That sounds pretty awesome. I played a home brewed Star Wars game at Gen Con that was the assault on Hoth.
We completely annihilated the Empire.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures