Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Rules and FAQs
Official Rules and FAQs Compilation and discussion of AotP Rules and Frequently Asked Questions.

Old September 24th, 2019, 02:16 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: AotP Question Dump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heirloom View Post
Are PDFs of the AotP army cards available on this site? I finally opened my base game and it's missing Liliana Vess and Blighted Reavers , would like to print them out. TIA!
The 1st post of the Rulebooks and FAQ thread has links to PDFs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old September 24th, 2019, 02:38 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Yes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Old October 6th, 2019, 12:00 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heirloom View Post
Are PDFs of the AotP army cards available on this site? I finally opened my base game and it's missing Liliana Vess and Blighted Reavers , would like to print them out. TIA!
Also. Adding to what was already suggested. Not sure on the first box but the 2nd and 3rd set were all scanned by myself and should be able to be printed at 100% of their file size. I didnt do any modification to the sizes on the files after they were scanned. There were far too many of them.

Last edited by Dysole; October 6th, 2019 at 12:29 AM.
Old October 6th, 2019, 12:07 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I just checked out the edits to my post @Dysole , how did that other text get put on my post? I didnt have all that filth in my original post?

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 6th, 2019, 01:16 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I just checked out the edits to my post @Dysole , how did that other text get put on my post? I didnt have all that filth in my original post?
I deleted bot posts and then merged them away so there wasn't anything to see. Your post was the last one in the thread so I merged it all with yours, deleted the offensive content, and left it. Given that you personally can still see it and I wasn't aware you could, I might not continue this practice, but the intention was to clear away bots and make it look like they were never here.

~Dysole, informationally

Last edited by Dysole; April 12th, 2020 at 03:10 PM.
Old April 14th, 2020, 01:45 PM

HeroscapeMaster is surprisingly tart

I have a question, and I'd like to get the opinion from fellow Heroscapers here. Why didn't the creators of AOTP not just adopt the rules from Heroscape for that game? They had rules with solid foundations, and I've found a great way to intergrate ATOP into a Heroscape setting (with 500 point armies of course), and other than Planeswalkers having the advantage of spells and summoning their armies it seems to work! I just can't understand why they had to reinvent the wheel by making new rules for the AOTP game.
Old April 14th, 2020, 03:05 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
They were trying to take elements from Magic the Gathering into a new game. If they wanted to they could have made the new set just Heroscape Master Set 4 and Wave M1+ (Wave 14+), Similar to how they made Marvel & D&D Master Set 3 and waves D1-D3 sets as a continuation of Herosape with a coupe new ideas (Dungeon scenarios, treasure glyphs) and just added a new type of unit Planeswalker (that can all summon) and Spell cards, and the 5 colors. However IMHO there are two reasons why they made AotP a separate game:
  • They wanted to get Magic Players as well as other non Heroscape players into the game and figured name it as a Magic game (and not just a "Magic Expansion" to an old game. Plus new games generally have more appeal than an expansion for an old game.
  • They were trying to integrate ideas from Magic such as Summoning and Spells in a larger way than just an "add-on" to Heroscape
IMHO those two reasons are not enough and would have better as a new wave for Heroscape. Magic players constantly jump in and don't have to buy old sets to get in. And all the additions could easily have been made on top of current sets, basically add back Order Markers and just make summoning a Scenario or power on Planeswakers. The hardest part would be Spell cards balancing with all previous Heroscape sets in addition to the new sets - as many are way too overpowered if you added in with Herocape armies.

Alternatively I wish the went MORE away form Heroscape and toward MtG with Manna to activate powers, and more combos. It was way to far away form Magic players to really attract them in a meaningful way except as a collector for the figures. Going 90% Heroscape alienated both Heroscape and Magic players, IMHO. They should have been 100% Heroscape + magic stuff, OR make the game at least 50% Magic. Oh well, se la vi - enjoy what we have.

Last edited by Dysole; May 20th, 2020 at 11:34 PM.
Old June 3rd, 2020, 09:31 PM

Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby!

Been a good while since I have been on the site. I saw this and was intrigued.

My 2 cents on the whole MTG and Heroscape.

I am one of the original Players of Heroscape. I love the game and was sad when Wizards was handed the game. I am one of those who was not happy with the mixing of DnD into the game.

That being said I do own everything the game had to offer. I really wished Wizards wasn't Wizards and if Something isn't MTG or Dnd They want nothing to do with it.

When AOTP hit the shelves I was Floored with Disappointment and discontent. They took Heroscape and tried to reskin it but not in a good way. I tried the game and expansions of the game hoping I would enjoy it but it was missing something and that was the heart of Heroscape!

All in all if the Cost to produce Heroscape in todays Gaming world wouldn't be so Expensive I would love to see the game have a rebirth. But the overall cost and and the Companies need to make money I think we all know Hasbro will never revive the game.

I am Happy with all we were given and Still to this day Have a big place in my heart for the game and do not think I will ever stop playing it and giving it the love it deserves on the Table!

Born of Two Signs / Also Might have Two Sides
Old May 29th, 2021, 08:25 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hoping this is the appropriate spot for this question - I don't think there was ever "official" lava field rules for AotP: Does anyone have a good house rule for using the Heroscape lava field tiles with the full on AotP ruleset? I'm talking straight up Planeswalker v Planeswalker fights, alternating turns endlessly, not the Heroscape ruleset with OMs. I'd prefer it to be easy to track and apply - a light rule that doesn't require additional tracking pieces/brain cells to memorize (I don't want to remember to roll for lava field damage after every 3 turns... this seems ideal, but we aren't using the turn trackers, so we have no idea what turn it is.)

On the fly, I decided to use this rule: When a figure ends it's active turn on a lava field tile, roll two combat dice against it. If both dice show swords/skulls, the figure takes one wound - lava field damage. If either one of the dice showed a non-sword/non-skull, nothing happens (looking back, I could have made this a D20 roll of 1-5 to inflict damage...) However, one flaw with this system is that a "sleeping" figure can stay on a lava field almost indefinitely and never take damage, I guess could be fixed by having players roll the D20 check against all of their figures on lava field at the end of their turns, but this might slow game flow down quite a bit when hordes of figures are fighting each other on lava!

So perhaps I'm grasping at straws (I understand AotP is basically dead,) but does anyone have a good/balanced rule and/or suggestions?
Old May 29th, 2021, 09:15 PM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

You could use markers if you want to replicate Heroscape lava fields. At the end of every turn you take, all figures you have on lava fields get a marker. When a figure would receive a third marker, instead roll for a wound and remove all markers.

Quote:
Old March 10th, 2022, 09:18 AM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Interesting scenario from a recent game of AotP:

This was in a 1v1 game between Jace Beleren, Mindmage (the one with Mind Stealer, not the crappy newer Jace) and Nahiri, Fury in Stone. Nahiri summons Flamewing Phoenixes onto the field and then Nahiri is enchanted with white enchantment Not Forgotten (I am pasting enchantment text here because this is primarily where my question lies - Enchant Planeswalker - Whenever a spell or figure an opponent controls destroys a creature you control that's adjacent to enchanted Planeswalker, put a +1 power [attack] counter on enchanted Planeswalker.) In his following turn, Jace succeeds with the Mind Stealer D20 roll and the player moves Nahiri into adjacency/engagement with one of the flamewing phoenixes and destroys it in combat. Does Nahiri's Not Forgotten enchantment trigger here and give her a +1 attack token?

My interpretation: It does trigger, since Jace's mind stealer ability says "...16 or higher, you control that Planeswalker..." and Nahiri, now a "figure an opponent controls" which destroyed a creature (creature in control of the original white/red player) which is adjacent to the enchanted Planeswalker, meets the criteria to earn a +1 attack counter.

Thoughts on my interpretation, should this be ruled differently?

Side note: Eldrazi Ruiner + Swift Justice + Ghostly Possession is devastating against the high defense blue squads, and has a high chance to heal the Ruiner for a truckload of health given the target blue squaddie has no wounds before the Eldrazi attack.
Old March 10th, 2022, 09:20 AM

Your interpretation looks right to me.

Quote:

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Rules and FAQs