Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old September 25th, 2021, 03:33 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth
Re: Online Heroscape Season 43: Bring 2 Strike 1 - Playoffs

I got the come-from-behind win over Shiftrex this afternoon to advance to the finals.

Shiftrex led straight Marro Warriors, and I had a fairly slow setup, Ornak Heavies Heavies, no Raelin move. I advanced up Marcu and Hrognak with Red Flag of Fury, and meanwhile the Marro Warriors started climbing up to the lava and opened fire. They got a couple of early kills on Heavy Gruts to make me uncomfortable. I charged Ornak, move-boosted to 7 spaces by Hrognak's aura, deep across the board and with the help of a couple Heavies I took down two of the Marros. They cloned back up to three Marros to end the round, and Honor Guard filled in around them on Protective Repositioning to set a very intimidating wall to keep the cloners safe. I won a crucial round 2 initiative to pull my Heavies and Ornak back into Raelin's aura, but the rest of the second round went very poorly for me. Shiftrex had switched his OMs over the Honor Guard, and I thought their move was 5 not 6, so what I thought was a smart but safe aggressive play to shoot a Marro with Hrognak and screen with a Heavy ended up getting both the Heavy and Hrognak caught and killed on my OM2. Facing now a pretty substantial deficit, down three Heavies and Hrognak with no real kills to my name, I made my second retreat of the game, pulling back my Heavies towards the Valda side of the board away from the Honor Guard.

I regrouped looking to thread the needle to a board state I could actually win. I had what I thought was pretty solid hail mary play on a round where Shiftrex had gone straight Marros with only three alive: sending in Nerak and Marcu on a Red Flag of Fury OM1. Both attacks were blocked 4v3 and Nerak died, but Marcu was pinning two the Marro Warriors. But this was buying time for the Brute Gruts. Between the Marros and the Honor Guard, Shiftrex killed Raelin, but my Heavies and Brutes held out. The Brutes killed a couple Honor Guard before beginning the berserk, and one of them died in the process, but eventually their shining moment came. At the end of Round 4 into the start of Round 5 I pushed on to lava (one of the Brutes did die to lava doing this), got initiative switch and double Berserk to kill six Honor Guards unanswered. Then I just ran with my last 5 Heavies and Ornak. I sent one Heavy to Valda and the rest laid into the few remaining Honor Guard, who get significantly worse as they lose numbers and can't Arc Lance as easily. The Marro Warriors were now tied up with the few remaining Brutes and Marcu and they couldn't do much to the Heavies. I had just enough left in the tank to take down Warden. Good game SR, well played.
Old September 27th, 2021, 11:53 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Playing our game over multiple 1 hour intervals as necessary. Part 1 will be Wednesday Thursday 8am central.

edit: Part 1 delayed due to scheduling conflict that arose
edit 2: Part One scheduled for tomorrow morning

Quote:
The kevindola (3-1) v. Grey Waves (4-1) armies are:

kevindola - Divide and Conquer
* Agent Skahen, Eltahale, Marro Dividersx5

Grey Waves - Ghost of a Chance
* Concan the Kyrie Warrior, Marcu Esenwein, Racheim, Phantom Knightsx4

Last edited by kevindola; September 28th, 2021 at 08:13 PM.
Old September 29th, 2021, 10:38 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Grey Waves and I got our game finished this morning/evening (depending on your hemisphere)

Early defining moment was Round 1. GW went PK-PK-Racheim flying two PKs to Valda island. I ran out all Dividers across OM2 and OM3 and with 4 attacks I was able to knock out the heightened PKs with no counterattacks.

This let me claim Valda solidly for the game and quickly set up Eltahale in a position of threat and develop quickly my dividers. Racheim flew in, but due to a move calculation error, GW allowed me to get 2 heightened attacks on Racheim with Dividers. (and they both survived the end of round lava). Racheim didn't last much longer only taking out a few dividers.

GW and I exchanged PKs and Dividers after that for a while on about a 1:1 basis, but the numbers were in my favor. After Marcu flew in for a failed attack at Valda and died, it was Concan and 6 PKs vs. full health Eltahale/Skahen and 7 dividers.

The endgame took quite a while, but eventually Concan flew in and smacked Eltahale for 3 hits, but died in the ensuing counterattack. Eltahale and even a ranged Skahen attack killed incoming PKs and their number eventually wore down.

I won with 6 dividers (2/12 on divides), Skahen (full), Eltahale (3 life)

gg Grey Waves!
Old September 29th, 2021, 11:11 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

The Finals are on Ashfall.

The vegietarian18 (5-0) v. kevindola (4-1) armies are:
Look, I Turned Myself Into an Ebon, I'm Ebon Kaemon!
* Ebon Armor, Izumi Samurai, Kaemon Awa, Kozuke Samurai, Otonashi, Tomoe Gozen
Orcses
* Brute Gruts, Hrognak [unmounted], Isamu, Marcu Esenwein, Nerak the Glacian Swog Rider, Ornak, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Heavy Grutsx2 (drop 1)

* Kurrok the Elementalist, Marcu Esenwein, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Air Elementalx3, Earth Elemental, Water Elementalx6

* Marro Warriors, Nicholas Esenwein, Rygarn, Bloodburst Thrallx3, Darkprowl Thrall, Deathstrike Thrallx3, Preyblood Thrall
kevindola chooses to pick their army first or second (player who chooses second will have the option to strike an army before the first player chooses). vegietarian18 chooses who places first.
Old October 7th, 2021, 11:17 AM

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth
Re: Online Heroscape Season 43: Finals

The vegietarian18 (5-0) v. kevindola (4-1) armies are:
Look, I Turned Myself Into an Ebon, I'm Ebon Kaemon!
* Ebon Armor, Izumi Samurai, Kaemon Awa, Kozuke Samurai, Otonashi, Tomoe Gozen
Orcses
* Brute Gruts, Hrognak [unmounted], Isamu, Marcu Esenwein, Nerak the Glacian Swog Rider, Ornak, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Heavy Grutsx2 (drop 1)

* Kurrok the Elementalist, Marcu Esenwein, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Air Elementalx3, Earth Elemental, Water Elementalx6

* Marro Warriors, Nicholas Esenwein, Rygarn, Bloodburst Thrallx3, Darkprowl Thrall, Deathstrike Thrallx3, Preyblood Thrall
Finals matchup set. Scheduled for Saturday morning.
Old October 7th, 2021, 03:44 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: Online Heroscape Season 43: Finals

Wrong thread. Sorry.
Old October 9th, 2021, 10:45 AM

Re: Online Heroscape Season 43 - CONGRATS VEGIETARIAN18

My Samurai triumphed this morning.

I opened with Izumi-Tomoe-Kaemon, to develop a solid pod on some flat ground outside my startzone. Kevindola opened with an aggressive Hrognak push, trying to set up a Holdir + height Marcu 6v4 attack on Kaemon to start the second round, but I won the second round initiative to dissolve that threat and kill Hrognak. That caused kevin to have to waste his second OM of the round on a Marcu pass, so the game threatened to turn very slow. I developed Ebon for the rest of the round while kevin developed Raelin. Next round, I rolled up Kozuke and launched a few pings with Kaemon but couldn't get much through 4v6 with the mega-defense Heavies (should have been 5v6 here, forgot to roll my Holdir that the Ebon were holding because they were bored).

The next round, kevin tried to stage an offensive on his OM1, sending Raelin deep, but I had an Ebon order marker to follow and popped her in 3 Ebon attacks. The Orcs still followed behind and started smacking Samurai and Ebon, whatever was available. My Samurai didn't have great shields, taking a lot of casualties to 3 attack dice into counterstrike without really punishing Heavies for the risk, but my offense back the other direction was very solid, between Kozuke and Izumi and Life-Debt activated Tomoe, as well as the Eternal Ebon. I had to spread my order markers to not centralize into potential multiple OM loss anywhere, and end result of that though was I got a lot of Ebon back in the course of the game. Every single time I lost a human unique I got to replace it with an Ebon, and I had quite a few human uniques. I lost a turn on Kaemon to the final Heavies, but won the next initiative to clear them out with the remains of my Samurai. The Brute Gruts came in as cleanup against 3-life Tomoe, 1 Izumi, 1 Kozuke, and 2 Ebon and Otonashi. Brutes are always scary, but I got a big counterstrike on one and smashed in the others to put them to rest. Marcu avoided lava death but was blown up by the last Kozuke. Good game kevin.

This is my first OHS championship victory since Bring 2 Season 10 in 2014, when I was also undefeated in regular season and beat kevindola in the finals. That season was the last season that did not have the diceoff equalizer, and I won the diceoff in 6/7 of my games and heavily used that to my advantage. This season was the first season without the diceoff equalizer since it was broken, and I went 1-5 in diceoffs. However, I think I also had a draft advantage in all of my games this season too, by my opponents choosing to pick first instead of deferring. This aspect of my army pair was unintentional but it ended up working super well. The Orc build is an absolute powerhouse, very difficult to play well, but a powerhouse. The Samurai are just an okay army but they specifically counter the Orcs enough to give them an edge in that matchup. That created an interesting rock-paper-scissors dynamic of Orcs < Samurai < Literally Any Army My Opponent Brought < Orcs that made it advantageous to pick second. Second pick is effectively buffed in Bring 2 Strike 1. You still have the ability to counterpick your opponent's selection like you can in traditional Bring 2, but you also can eliminate any super disadvantageous selections your opponent can make.

In addition to that, both of these armies were super fun to play. I decided to play Bring 2 with armies that look more like what I would bring to Reverse the Whip events, stronger builds, but in that style, and the end result was two armies with styles that I personally really enjoy.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events