Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old January 5th, 2007, 09:21 AM

playa1 knows what's in an order marker playa1 knows what's in an order marker
Ornak's Battle Cry Aura

Forgive me if this has been clarified elsewhere, but I just got the flagbearers for Christmas and believe I have been playing Ornak wrong.

Because the card suggests that for any orc warrior you control you can roll the valkyrie dice and add any Utgar symbol as a skull to the attack, I thought that it meant that you roll all of the Valkyrie dice and add the number of utgar symbols as skulls to the regular attack of each orc within 2 spaces. Surprisingly, this rarely resulted in any significant bonus.

However, after reading Codex and other posts, I believe that you roll the valkyrie dice instead of normal attack dice and count skulls and utgar symbols as hits. So an orc warrior next to Ornak with an attack of 2 would roll 2 Valkyrie dice and just have a better chance of getting hits, right? The way we were playing before meant that orcs could get like +3 skull bonuses onto their regular attack and this seems wrong to me now.

Am I understanding this correctly now. You never get to roll "all the valkyrie dice" when using Ornak's Battle Cry Aura?
Old January 5th, 2007, 09:22 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: Ornak's Battle Cry Aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by playa1
Forgive me if this has been clarified elsewhere, but I just got the flagbearers for Christmas and believe I have been playing Ornak wrong.

Because the card suggests that for any orc warrior you control you can roll the valkyrie dice and add any Utgar symbol as a skull to the attack, I thought that it meant that you roll all of the Valkyrie dice and add the number of utgar symbols as skulls to the regular attack of each orc within 2 spaces. Surprisingly, this rarely resulted in any significant bonus.

However, after reading Codex and other posts, I believe that you roll the valkyrie dice instead of normal attack dice and count skulls and utgar symbols as hits. So an orc warrior next to Ornak with an attack of 2 would roll 2 Valkyrie dice and just have a better chance of getting hits, right? The way we were playing before meant that orcs could get like +3 skull bonuses onto their regular attack and this seems wrong to me now.

Am I understanding this correctly now. You never get to roll "all the valkyrie dice" when using Ornak's Battle Cry Aura?
You were wrong before. Now you are right.
Old September 11th, 2021, 03:27 PM

Son of Mulhalla is surprisingly tart
Re: Ornak's Battle Cry Aura

I'm glad y'all figured this one out for me lol. I had just been skipping using Ornak, but I'm forcing myself to play thru every card building a 400 around them. I was thinking roll all 12 dice every time and I like he only 100 points he can't help with that much power. So but a 4/6 chance get a skull instead of a 3/6 seems fair. Just going to have brunak carry him around.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's