Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old March 9th, 2008, 10:46 AM

UberMan has disabled reputation
2 Raelins

Forgive the noobie question, but I recently bought both master sets, and now I have 2 Raelins. Thats fine, but the cards are different.

So, whats the deal. Both useable? One no longer "official"?

UberMan

Old March 9th, 2008, 10:48 AM

Lank281 knows what's in an order marker Lank281 knows what's in an order marker
They're both official, and you have a choice of which one to play. But, since they are unique and technically the same character you can only draft one out of the two.
Old March 9th, 2008, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lank281
They're both official, and you have a choice of which one to play. But, since they are unique and technically the same character you can only draft one out of the two.
OK, I already mixed my two boxes. Which one comes with RotV?

Is there a general opinion on which is superior?

If a CANADIAN Heroscape fan fell in the forest, would anybody hear?

UberMan

Old March 9th, 2008, 12:52 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Are you serious? (there are pics in the rulebooks of each one of them in various combat situations; if you really wanted to know you could have looked yourself. Unless of course you tossed your rule books.)

The cheaper (80 pt) one came with ROTV and she is widely regarded is the better one.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old March 9th, 2008, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean
Are you serious? (there are pics in the rulebooks of each one of them in various combat situations; if you really wanted to know you could have looked yourself. Unless of course you tossed your rule books.)

The cheaper (80 pt) one came with ROTV and she is widely regarded is the better one.
Of course Im serious. Im sure I could find out many ways, including opening the rulebooks. The question occurred to me as I was reading the post, so I asked in my reply, thats all.

Im also serious about the third question: Does WotC know that CANADA exists? Its awful hard to get product out here, and most online sources have CANADIAN equivalents that dont carry the product, or hardly carry the product, and BLOCK shipment from the US counterparts (can anyone say Amazon.ca, ToysRUs.ca, whatever.ca)?

UberMan

Old March 9th, 2008, 01:05 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Your complaint is actually not a WotC issue, it's Hasbro's. WotC only just inherited Heroscape so any distribution woes prior to June 2008 belong to Hasbro.

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to go w/my buddy Ry on this one. Your question about which Raelin goes w/which master set is so easily resolved w/minimum effort or thought on your part, that you kind of had his snarkiness coming. I might have even slammed you for that question myself if he would not have beat me to it.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old March 9th, 2008, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninthdoc
Your complaint is actually not a WotC issue, it's Hasbro's. WotC only just inherited Heroscape so any distribution woes prior to June 2008 belong to Hasbro.

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to go w/my buddy Ry on this one. Your question about which Raelin goes w/which master set is so easily resolved w/minimum effort or thought on your part, that you kind of had his snarkiness coming. I might have even slammed you for that question myself if he would not have beat me to it.
Oh thats OK, snarkiness accepted. I know I had it coming.

As for WotC, I know it's not their fault; Im not complaining to them, just hoping they notice and take pity. Im sure there are lots of fans or potential fans up here, if the product is available at a decent price.

Consider this: would you ignore California in a distribution plan?
Canada can be thought of as another large state like California (and maybe WILL be so one day).

UberMan

Old March 9th, 2008, 01:51 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberMan
Quote:

As for WotC, I know it's not their fault; Im not complaining to them, just hoping they notice and take pity. Im sure there are lots of fans or potential fans up here, if the product is available at a decent price.

Canada can be thought of as another large state like California (and maybe WILL be so one day).

UberMan
What is a decent price?

Perhaps they cannot meet that "decent price" in all areas of Canada which is why they do not distribute there.

Perhaps there are not as many people interested in the game based on their research to warrant distributing there.

Perhaps your government makes it difficult for them to distribute there.
Old March 9th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Quote:

UberMan
Wow Canadians complain a lot. Between you and Jaydog I think my head will explode. I agree with R˙chean,you shouldn't have been so lazy,and read the rulebook.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old March 9th, 2008, 02:34 PM

Gee thanks for the support guys. Nice to know we are all just one happy continent.

And whats wrong with a noobie asking a simple question? Lighten up folks.

UberMan
P.S. I already accepted the snarkiness as my due, so lets drop that one now Okies?

Old March 9th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
And whats wrong with a noobie asking a simple question?
When that question is one that's answered in the rulebook? A lot.
Old March 9th, 2008, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight
Quote:
And whats wrong with a noobie asking a simple question?
When that question is one that's answered in the rulebook? A lot.
Wow guys, if a noobie cant ask a simple question on this forum without getting jumped on something is wrong. Honestly, lighten up. If you dont want to answer, just move to another post.

Consider this: most ALL of the questions answered here will have answers that can be found in some other resource - whether its the rule book, Hasbro customer service or a question to a WotC employee. The point of the forum is to provide a place for we like-minded folk to get together and share info, and hopefully some laughs too.

Anyway, it seems this post has gone way off topic, so lets end this one and move on, unless someone has something to add about the 2 Raelins.

Thanx all,

UberMan

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units