Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old February 5th, 2008, 03:23 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by kr-zeronos
I have a question on the counterstrike ability.

What if your attacking opponent rolls shields and/or blanks, and you roll 3 (for example) shields?

Does that mean your opponent gets 3 damage?
If an opponent must roll skulls to trigger a defensive power, it will say so on the card. Counterstrike doesn't say it requires skulls, just a normal adjacent attack. In your example, the attacker would indeed take three wounds.
Old February 6th, 2008, 11:28 PM

Darkomen57 has disabled reputation
Great for blocking chokepoints.

Bitefight!
Quote:
Originally Posted by guido
...good grammar will get you far on this site. (at least a lot farther than the reverse).
Old October 30th, 2008, 11:16 PM

wk4c knows what's in an order marker wk4c knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Izumi Samurai

Matthias: This one's for you!
--------------------------------------------------------------
I just finished a battle that I've been meaning to try for awhile.

Knight's Galore!
280 - Knights of Weston x4(Proxies)
360 - Raelin the Kyrie Warrior

Versus...

Samurai's Galore!
120 - Tagawa Samurai
220 - Kozuke Samurai
280 -Izumi Samurai
360 - Raelin the Kyrie Warrior

It was epic to the core. Sammy's took the Attack glyph first round, due to their mobility, and the Kozuke took out Raelin and a few knights in the Mix. Kozuke got killed, but not after getting a counterstrike in.

The Tagawa went over the hill, and killed three knights before getting killed. I've been having the worst of luck with these guys anymore. In the same round, knights slaughtered Rae-Rae.

The Izumi were about to make the final stand. And oh, how epic it was going to be. Counterstrike was absolutely ON FIRE! In one round, I killed three KoW attacking a single Izumi. In two other rounds, I killed two. The Kow never really knew what hit them, and one brave soul managed to kill an Izumi before being cut down.

The Izumi made thier stand, and marched over the bloodstained feild heads held very high.

What a battle!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway...the Izumi were epic. They pulled way more than their own weight, with the following numbers.

[epic_izumi]
7 Counterstruck Knights
3 Normally Attacked and Killed Knights
10 Kills
175 Points
9,001 Wyn
[/epic_izumi]

I want these guys on my fantasy team! Just wanted to share how awesome these guys were for me. Another thing they did that game was block a very vital choke-point the entire game up until the end(A 4v2 hex bridge with the Attack glyph on it.).

Quadraphonic(x2), Hilo-Scaper, SuperflyTNT

1-4/3-1/3-2/3-2
10-9 = 53% Win pct.
Old October 30th, 2008, 11:25 PM

Oyhedwig has disabled reputation

That's an awesome win with the samurai. I once played an all-melee game that included the samurai on one side, and Jandar's melee (knights, Tarns, and some heroes to bond with the knights) on the other. I kicked the other player's tail due mainly to counterstrike. In my opinion, the samurai will win an all-melee game most of the time. Counterstrike will win it for them, unless you roll Deathwalker-like-defense throughout a game.

My Deathwalkers climb.
Old February 24th, 2009, 12:26 PM

Orwald is surprisingly tart

I have a question about the counter strike:

When the Izumi's fight against the KoW for example
and a KoW rolls:
Izumi defends:

does that means the KoW takes no wounds or 2??

other example:
KoW attacks:
Izumi defends:

Same question: one wound ore two wounds??

(I always counterstrike when there are more shields, is this wrong?)
Old February 24th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

No wounds for the first and one wound for the second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old February 24th, 2009, 02:10 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

i like these guys, my only complaint is that they are unique. one squad of three blockers just doesnt seem to be enough. they seem like they should be a common squad much like the KOW

just my opinion.
Old February 24th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad Rocket View Post
i like these guys, my only complaint is that they are unique. one squad of three blockers just doesnt seem to be enough. they seem like they should be a common squad much like the KOW

just my opinion.
Not for the cost, I'd say. If they were common, they would need to cost a bunch more.
Old February 24th, 2009, 03:57 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Quote:

just my opinion.
Not for the cost, I'd say. If they were common, they would need to cost a bunch more.

yeah, i know the uniqueness makes them a bit cheaper. i dont think the cost would be that much higher. there are ALOT of effective common squads who are fairly cheap.
Old February 24th, 2009, 04:48 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Quote:

just my opinion.

yeah, i know the uniqueness makes them a bit cheaper. i dont think the cost would be that much higher. there are ALOT of effective common squads who are fairly cheap.
Perhaps so. My experience over the years has been to trust the play-testers to come up with the right price and combinations. At least, so far, they've done well.
Old February 24th, 2009, 05:44 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

They'd have to be 70-80 points.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old February 24th, 2009, 07:15 PM

70-80 points sounds reasonable.

not really saying that they need to change. its just one on the list of many things that i would like to have been slightly changed.

two squads would be pretty awesome to have, you can actually afford to lose a guy or two and still keep them functional.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units