Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 12th, 2013, 01:22 PM
"Special Eyes"

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of the other 5 Infinity Gems: Design

I think we should add two things on Soul Gem-line of sight requirement for the placed figure and maximum figures on the glyph's card.

To clarify, if my attack causes Knockback and that is the figure's last wound, do I place the destroyed figure on this card? What about lava death? The reason I ask is because those effects occurred after my attack was resolved, so 2 questions:

1) Did I destroy the figure?
2) If I did and placed it on this card, I should not get to make the revived attack because the figure was destroyed after my attack was resolved, so I should have to wait until after my next attack, right?

Maybe a limit isn't necessary, but I worry that the card will get pretty crowded with unrevived squad figures.

And since I brought that up, everyone is clear that this trumps and can circumvent the Glyph of Reinforcements?

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 53 - ARKHAM UNLEASHED
Old March 12th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I thought we previously clarified that knockback and lava are separate from the attack.

EDIT: I think limiting the placement to 5 clear sight spaces is a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Last edited by quozl; March 12th, 2013 at 07:02 PM.
Old March 13th, 2013, 12:33 AM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

ERB responses:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins
These look pretty fun. The wording is a little wonky on the OM rearrange gem, but I'm sure that Sir G. will fix it.

On the Power Gem: +2 attack seems like it might be too powerful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl
Glyph of Infinity: Soul Gem
You wouldn’t want the destroyed figure to be a destructible object. What about Androids?

Would the “soul” attack be considered controlling the destroyed figure? This is for purposes of Event Heroes, who can’t be controlled. Probably so, so you wouldn’t be able to do anything with Event Heroes.

“it is not affected by any other special powers on any other card” – I assume this pertains to the "soul" figure itself, but defensive abilities are still active. So Deathstroke could use Calculated Defense to reduce defense dice rolled, but the shields rolled on the removed dice wouldn’t affect the “soul” figure. That’s obviously a lousy tactic, but I hope the example I’m trying to convey still applies.

Suppose a figure collects a destroyed figure on its card via Ghost Rider’s Penance Stare and later acquires the Soul Gem. Could that collected figure be used for the “soul” attack?

Glyph of Infinity: Reality Gem
Comma: “beginning of your turn,”

You can’t place Order Markers onto figures not in play, but I’m reading you’re allowed to take Order Markers from those figures and placing them onto in play figures, which is very useful (esp. for me!).

Glyph of Infinity: Power Gem
Nice stat boost.

Glyph of Infinity: Time Gem
If you place two Xs on this figures card (thanks, Loki!), could you take both of the Time Gem turns back-to-back?

If you interrupt a bonding turn via Mr. Fantastic and take a turn with Time Gem, would you then resume the bonding? Example: Mr. Fantastic rolls 7, then takes turn with Thing, could you take Time Gem, then return to Mr. Fantastic’s turn?

Glyph of Infinity: Space Gem
Warp Speed, Mr. Sulu!

Final Thoughts
You’ve got quite a collection of powerful glyphs, with some having some inspired and challenging mechanics.

Quote:
Old March 13th, 2013, 01:31 AM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The Soul Gem probably shouldn't affect Androids, DOs, or Undead.

For the whole "is lava/knockback part of the attack" question, I'd say lava definitely isn't. Knockback is more questionable. If it's not something we've clearly ruled on yet, we probably should now.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 13th, 2013, 01:35 AM

We voted on this but it looks like I never put it in the Book of Rules. SirG, do you want to tweak the wording before I do?

Knockback and Molten Lava Damage
If a figure receives one or more wounds or is destroyed as a result of Knockback or Molten Lava damage, special powers on the attacking figure's card that trigger as a result of inflicting one or more wounds with an attack are not triggered.

Quote:
Old March 13th, 2013, 01:37 AM

As for the Soul Gem, it's already really wordy and am hoping to not add too much to it.

I don't think we need to care about DOs. Since none of them have an Attack number, it's useless to capture them with a Soul Gem.

Androids, sure. We should exclude them.

Undead. I'm pretty sure they do have souls so they shouldn't be excluded.

Quote:
Old March 13th, 2013, 01:44 AM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Fair enough!

For the wording you posted, I think it does need some tweaking still. Right now this:

If a figure receives one or more wounds or is destroyed as a result of Knockback or Molten Lava damage, special powers on the attacking figure's card that trigger as a result of inflicting one or more wounds with an attack are not triggered.

Reads to me as if even if you hit them for any wounds on that attack that triggered the Knockback, the powers wouldn't trigger.

Taking a stab at it ....

If a figure receives one or more wounds or is destroyed as a result of Knockback or Molten Lava damage, those wounds are not considered to be the result of any attack. Therefore, no special powers on an attacking figure's card that trigger as a result of inflicting one or more wounds with an attack would trigger as a result of wounds received from Knockback or Molten Lava damage.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 13th, 2013, 01:47 AM

I like that but I think SirG will be able to improve it even more.

What did you think about David's comments on the Time Gem?

Quote:
Old March 13th, 2013, 01:51 AM
Has Bigger Cockles

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I like that but I think SirG will be able to improve it even more.
He always does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl
What did you think about David's comments on the Time Gem?
Just to make it easier to look at:

NAME = GLYPH OF INFINITY: TIME GEM
SUBTITLE = (EXTRA TURN)

EQUIPMENT GLYPH
After you complete a turn with any figure you control, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on the card of this figure and take an immediate turn with this figure.

I think it would work better if we did something like ....

EQUIPMENT GLYPH
After revealing a numbered Order Marker on this card and taking your turn, before any other player takes a turn, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on the card of this figure and take an immediate turn with this figure.

Hopefully it'd be clear that "your turn" = everything you do on the OM. This would also prevent double "X" marker usage. You could still do it twice in a round, just not twice in a row.

Old March 13th, 2013, 01:55 AM

That works. Slight tweak:

EQUIPMENT GLYPH
After revealing a numbered Order Marker and taking your turn, before any other player takes a turn, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on the card of this figure and take an immediate turn with this figure.

Quote:
Old March 13th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Has Bigger Cockles

Old March 13th, 2013, 05:58 PM

Tickle has a good point about the Reality Gem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl
Quote:
NAME = GLYPH OF INFINITY: SOUL GEM
SUBTITLE = (UNNATURAL REVIVAL)

EQUIPMENT GLYPH
Anytime this figure destroys a figure with a normal or special attack, you may place that figure on this card. Figures may not be removed from this card except by this Glyph. After attacking with this figure, you may place a figure on this card onto any empty space(s) within 5 clear sight spaces of this figure. Immediately make a normal attack with the placed figure, then remove the placed figure from the game. While the placed figure is on the battlefield, all of its special powers are negated and it is not affected by any other special powers on any other card.

Looks good, nice reuse of the Treasure glyph from classic scape.

NAME = GLYPH OF INFINITY: REALITY GEM
SUBTITLE = (ORDER MARKER REARRANGE)

EQUIPMENT GLYPH
At the beginning of your turn you may rearrange either your or your opponents' unrevealed Order Markers. Order Markers may not be placed on Army Cards of figures that are not in play.

Nasty when combined with the Mind gem. Might want a line her that unrevealed order markers may not be revealed in case this is in play without the Mind gem.

NAME = GLYPH OF INFINITY: POWER GEM
SUBTITLE = (+2 ATTACK, SUPER STRENGTH)

EQUIPMENT GLYPH
Add 2 to this figure's Attack number. This figure also gains the Super Strength special power.

Simple + Effective.

NAME = GLYPH OF INFINITY: TIME GEM
SUBTITLE = (EXTRA TURN)

EQUIPMENT GLYPH
After you complete a turn with any figure you control, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on the card of this figure and take an immediate turn with this figure.

Very useful and easy to understand.

NAME = GLYPH OF INFINITY: SPACE GEM
SUBTITLE = (TELEPORTATION)

EQUIPMENT GLYPH
Instead of taking a turn with this figure, you may choose up to two figures within 2 clear sight spaces of this figure and place this figure on any unoccupied space on the battlefield. After placing this figure, place the chosen figures adjacent to this figure. Figures moved by this Glyph will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Teleportation is always helpful, looks good.
Maybe change it to:

At the beginning of your turn you may choose a player and rearrange the chosen player's unrevealed Order Markers. Order Markers may not be revealed or placed on Army Cards of figures that are not in play.

Quote:

Last edited by quozl; March 13th, 2013 at 06:06 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library