Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old January 5th, 2012, 10:16 AM

sir_tonyx has disabled reputation
How to customize Blade Gruts into Heavy Gruts?

I have an extra set of blade gruts I want to turn into heavy gruts and I also have a set of halberds I can use as weapons for the blade gruts to look like heavies, bet before I butcher my blades with incompetence, I want to ask for some advice. I've never done any customization or figure painting before and I am a bit cautious about how to proceed. Do I just cut off the blades with a sharp knife or small scissors and try to glue the halberds into their hands? But how to I reposition their hands? Do I dip the figures into hot water and try to mold them after that or how does it work? I tried looking through some of the sticky subjects on the customs board, but they deal mostly with using custom figures from other games or repainting existing figures, not remolding or remodeling them. Any advice would be most appreciated. Thanks!

I'm looking for proxies or repaints of heavy gruts, fyorlag spiders and gorillinators
Old January 5th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: How to customize Blade Gruts into Heavy Gruts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_tonyx View Post
I have an extra set of blade gruts I want to turn into heavy gruts and I also have a set of halberds I can use as weapons for the blade gruts to look like heavies, bet before I butcher my blades with incompetence, I want to ask for some advice. I've never done any customization or figure painting before and I am a bit cautious about how to proceed. Do I just cut off the blades with a sharp knife or small scissors and try to glue the halberds into their hands? But how to I reposition their hands? Do I dip the figures into hot water and try to mold them after that or how does it work? I tried looking through some of the sticky subjects on the customs board, but they deal mostly with using custom figures from other games or repainting existing figures, not remolding or remodeling them. Any advice would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Under the Other Customizations & HS Additions forum, please check out RockTroll's customs headquarters, where you will be sure to pick up a ton of tips and tricks on the subject.

Specifically, check out his rearming of the Ashigaru, which appears to be a project similar to yours. Knowing Rocktroll, I am sure that he will help you with any specific questions in regards to his process.

Last edited by Filthy the Clown; January 5th, 2012 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Ashigaru!
Old February 9th, 2012, 06:21 PM

sir_tonyx has disabled reputation

thanks to user Rocktroll (who sent me the four molded weapons of Heavy Gruts) I was able to convert an extra set of Blade Gruts into Heavy Gruts and now they look like this:

although I had never done any modding before, it was super easy - I just cut off the original blades with a small pair of scissors, then drilled tiny holes with a small scredriver and just slid in the new weapons. only one grut's hand needed a bit of molding with hot water (second from right, his weapon would otherwise pointed too much towards the ground), the rest look fine to me as they are.

I'm looking for proxies or repaints of heavy gruts, fyorlag spiders and gorillinators
Old February 9th, 2012, 09:15 PM
Valentine and St. Patrick's Custom Contest Champion

boromir96 wears ripped pants of awesomeness boromir96 wears ripped pants of awesomeness boromir96 wears ripped pants of awesomeness boromir96 wears ripped pants of awesomeness boromir96 wears ripped pants of awesomeness boromir96 wears ripped pants of awesomeness boromir96 wears ripped pants of awesomeness boromir96 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Great job!

I'm not ashamed to speak the name of Jesus Christ!
Tourney Record:16-6 Online record:11-2
Repaints/Mods; Trade Thread; Maps

Old February 14th, 2012, 10:42 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

This looks great! Where did you get the halberds?
Old February 14th, 2012, 10:47 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
This looks great! Where did you get the halberds?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_tonyx View Post
thanks to user Rocktroll (who sent me the four molded weapons of Heavy Gruts) I was able to convert an extra set of Blade Gruts into Heavy Gruts and now they look like this:

117-87-0 (4/13/09-2/22/15)
32-16-0 (10/17/09-7/21/12)
Old February 15th, 2012, 05:55 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Oops! Thanks, sometimes me not read so good.
Old February 15th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Sweet job on the heavies!!

Ill post an easy cheap way to make some decent looking halberds if any one is interested.

Filthy thanks for the promo
Old February 24th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This thread should be moved to the customs forum. You will get more feedback and advice there too
Old March 1st, 2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocktroll View Post
Ill post an easy cheap way to make some decent looking halberds if any one is interested.
I, for one, am interested in cheap and easy halberds.
Old March 1st, 2012, 04:56 PM

Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've been considering doing molds of various weapons and selling the casts. That would be very cheap (like .25 for unpainted and maybe .50 for painted). Is anyone interested in this service?
......Andrew

i R da speling god
Auggie's Games
Follow us on Facebook Auggies Games Store and Twitter @auggiesgames
Old March 1st, 2012, 05:41 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

YES! I want some Gladiatron weapons for converting Blastatrons.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units