Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Notices

Old October 26th, 2006, 06:55 PM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
Quote:
Originally Posted by K/H_Addict
i assume the bot is jandar, since he was with drake and Raelin the whole time...
You guys think it might not be Drake?
New Grapple Gun, a different arrival in Valhalla.

Chances are it is Drake, but why the differences?
New Drake?
I think it is the same Drake and his arrival is not that much different. It is just that in the first video Jandar seems more front and center at the time of his arrival. Here he is more of a mysterious and menacing figure.

There were all sorts of odd creatures and men in the ruins where Drake was summoned in the first video. Who is to say Raelin and the robot were not there?

Although both videos do not match his bio, since he was said to be badly wounded and weaponless when Jandar summoned him and Kelda had to heal him!

I get the feeling Kark is correct and they don't care much about continuity.
Old October 26th, 2006, 10:46 PM

Junge Roman has disabled reputation
The best commercial I have seen in at least 10 years. I truly enjoyed it.

Some of you guys need to remember that not only is this just a 30 second or so blurb to sell product, but it had to be practically sized for download. It's not like they were setting out to make Transformers the movie or something.

Yeah, they took licenses with the characters, but all creative minded people will, especially since they did not invent the characters and are just trying to make a cool little episode. Also, they are still probably trying to get a wider base, and they have to keep reintroducing the game to new players all the time. Of course, Drake seems cooler to some kids if he has a forearm mounted launcher (more like a superhero/ninja). Just look at comics/commercials/cartoons from other toys/games and you will see that they took many of the same licenses and rarely match up.

To weigh in on the Q10 issue, he will almost certainly be Jandar's in my mind. It's what everybody wanted, isn't it?
Old October 26th, 2006, 10:53 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Yeah, I have to keep in mind the bad continuity Hasbro keeps in this game.
Old October 26th, 2006, 11:41 PM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation
I didn't think that was bad at all.
I caught the Q10.
That's got "Zorlac's Quest" written all over it.
I don't suppose we'll see him again until New York.

Hex: I wondered about the grapple-arm for a second too.
I WISH they would flesh out the WWII angle a bit more in future expansions.
That would be very cool.

Old October 27th, 2006, 12:29 AM

Rhydderch has disabled reputation
Seems pretty clear to me that its Drake: he has the same gear and "rescue" as in the bio. They probably just updated the grapple gun to create a more effective and streamlined tool especially since Drake was wielding his sword with both hands for a large portion of the short.

I'd guess the Soulborg belongs to Jandar. Not only was it there with Raelin and Jandar, but the movie itself seems to be limited to two of the generals: Utgar and Jandar. It would be strange to throw a random Vydar bot into the mix.

By the way anyone else think Drake's "whats going on" sounded really, really silly? Poor voice acting in that one scene. The rest of it was pretty decent though

“Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett, Discworld
Old October 27th, 2006, 10:26 AM

Point Blanks has disabled reputation
I would rather have a cool looking Drake be a Con exclusive rather then an X-10. Who will movement bond with my X-17?
Old October 27th, 2006, 06:46 PM

brigade101 has disabled reputation
WTF is Drake doing with an M-16 in WW 2 !!!!!!!!!!!
Old October 28th, 2006, 12:34 PM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker
Very cool stuff. Yeah, out of continuity, weird drawings, but I thought they were very compelling commercials, and probably rocked the socks off of any 8-12-year-olds watching
Old October 28th, 2006, 12:42 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
It was alright

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old October 29th, 2006, 06:13 AM

Thor has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier
Pretty cheesy. The animation was pretty bad
It's a free, web short animation, not a full length feature film like "The Incredibles" with millions of dollars backing it up. For what it is I think it's pretty damn good. Add to it the fact that they actually got it to us in a timely manner unlike with many other things on the HS site and I think Hasbro deserves some applause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karkadinn
Krug's mystical no-blood 'death' makes me wonder, though, how the designers think of death working in Valhalla. Do you really get resurrected as soon as you die or what? If so, what makes the war winnable at all if you can't kill off the enemy in a permanent manner?
I'm sure his no-blood death had absolutely nothing to do with the figures not really dying, and everything to do with it being a short animated cartoon aimed at kids. Children cartoons NEVER show blood nowadays. The whole dissiparting into thin air thing is commonly seen when characters die.

As for Q-10 I would guess Vydar. Sure he was hanging out with Drake and Raelin, but so what? The Nakitas were also hanging out with Drake and Syvarris and they turned out to be Vydar. I don't see why they would have the same Q line of robots on different teams. The only way I could is if there was some sort of hitch when creating the new Q-10 unit, like he turned out good or something and rebelled against the other Q units.

Really though, all these animated shorts have been severly lacking in a strong, continuous story. Vydarr is supposed to be on Utgar's side last we heard yet his soldiers are constantly seen worknig with Jandar and Ullar. All the cartoons thus far have lacked continuity so why would this episode be any different? For what it is though, I thoguht the battles were cool and it wasn't too bad at all. Those mass Drones attacking the Snipers was great. I hope we see more episodes done in this way. And hey, who knows, maybe they will all follow a central story line? We can dream, can't we?
Old October 29th, 2006, 07:31 AM
Master Custom Creator

Karkadinn has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karkadinn
Krug's mystical no-blood 'death' makes me wonder, though, how the designers think of death working in Valhalla. Do you really get resurrected as soon as you die or what? If so, what makes the war winnable at all if you can't kill off the enemy in a permanent manner?
I'm sure his no-blood death had absolutely nothing to do with the figures not really dying, and everything to do with it being a short animated cartoon aimed at kids. Children cartoons NEVER show blood nowadays. The whole dissiparting into thin air thing is commonly seen when characters die.
Good point. Flashes me back to the Teen Titans movie... there was a painter villain whose monstrous henchmen were supposed to be based on the three primary colors. Only the red one was pink, because apparently red was too blood-like to use, thus screwing up the whole theme of the monsters and depriving a 'murder' scene of significant emotional impact.
It even holds true for cartoons supposedly aimed at older audiences, like Justice League Unlimited. Disgusting, really. No wonder so many kids are flocking to anime, eh? It's the only kind of cartoon where the animators don't treat them like they're too stupid to know that people bleed red when they're hurt.
Censorship-happy people like to say that glorifying violence by showing its consequences will lead to RL copycat violence, but I'd go the opposite route. I'd think that showing violence without showing the natural consequences of it is what could lead to kids having warped views on violent behavior, if anything would. If you get slashed with a sword, you should darn well bleed.
And that is the end of my unscheduled rant for today.

Professional fiction
Fanfiction
To Ne-Gok-Sa
Like dating women
Statistics doom your players
Till they get lucky
Old October 29th, 2006, 10:39 AM

Chimpy knows what's in an order marker Chimpy knows what's in an order marker
I think Q10 might go to Jandar. I hope he does. His personality did not seem like the cold, caculating, robot that Vydar's soulborgs seem to be.

"Clay lies still, but blood's a rover; / Breath's a ware that will not keep.
Up, lad: when the journey's over / There'll be time enough to sleep!"
~"Reveille", A.E. Housman

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News