Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old August 14th, 2008, 12:18 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Agent Skahen

Did the Nakita Agents just get a little more playable?
Old August 14th, 2008, 12:18 PM

Bloody the Marro Stinger knows what's in an order marker Bloody the Marro Stinger knows what's in an order marker Bloody the Marro Stinger knows what's in an order marker

Oh, right. Engagement strike. I completely forgot about that. All that means, though, is that when facing an Agent army now you're going to have to kill Shaken as soon as possible before she can get everyone up.

Bloody the Marro Stinger is the Chimeran Ravager in the....
KEEP OF THE NECRONOMICON
Old August 14th, 2008, 12:25 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudulfr Shieldcrusher View Post
Did the Nakita Agents just get a little more playable?
Did they need to be? I always thought they were very good units. Unless by "more playable" you just meant "better," in which case Yes, yes I think they did.
Old August 14th, 2008, 12:27 PM

King's Knight knows what's in an order marker King's Knight knows what's in an order marker

I like how she can move Dund in to position with out having to use order markers on him till you have him where you want him. Also can you move the same figure twice? (once for each attack...)
Old August 14th, 2008, 12:28 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I've only had moderate success with the Nakitas. I'm excited to try a Nakita, 'nators, Skahen army, now.
Old August 14th, 2008, 01:08 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourshadow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
She'll be devastating on a castle. Two attacks of four, with ground troops advancing almost every attack...

I don't how how useful she'll be, with only 3 life, but she'll be a load of fun to play!
On a castle, couldn't it be FIVE dice each attack? If those assaulting the keep are not on height, she would have extreme height....
Yea, the Agent group (Microcorp, Krav, Nakita, Skahen) are killer from the Castle walls. Toss in a little Carr for close quarters and some Laglor for range and that is one tough team.

"One good thing about music, when it hits, you feel no pain"
http://web.bobmarley.com/index.jsp

"It's not a lie, if you believe it" - George Costanza

Old August 14th, 2008, 01:12 PM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by King's Knight View Post
I like how she can move Dund in to position with out having to use order markers on him till you have him where you want him. Also can you move the same figure twice? (once for each attack...)
I believe you can.

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old August 14th, 2008, 01:13 PM

RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby!

If you move her up with the Nakitas you can try to keep an agent adjacent to her for engagement strike and smoke screen.

If she's fortunate, she can move Dund 8 spaces per turn w/o order markers on him. I can see her and Dund making a run for Kato, firing on the Ashigaru as they go.

(Aside: did Dund just leave Carr? Wow, I think their relationship is in trouble! )

And don't forget Lagalor can boost her range.

I very much like the synergy.
Old August 14th, 2008, 01:25 PM

Strange has disabled reputation

I can see a Skahen-Dund-Carr combo working very efficiently as crowd control. Skahen takes some shots at a mass of common figures, like the 4th: she then activates Dund, who takes a bite out of his nearest foe and hopefully cripples the enemy into submission for the rest of the round.

This works even better if Skahen is activated on turn 3: if you win initiative next round, Dund could potentially remove three order markers! Either way, it makes an opponent think twice about dumping all his OMs on a single card. This works extremely well against orc armies too... "Bonding? Bond with THIS, b****es!" <kerzap>

Agent Carr's Phantom Walk allows him to reach more figures and tie up ranged heroes that would destroy Skahen. And, because of Phantom Walk, he benefits specially from Cover Fire.

I'm amazed at the potential this single unit has to reintroduce not one, but two older figures that haven't seen a lot of play. Forget "Carr Loves Dund" - now it's one big Tricky family!

Whatever does not kill me has made a tactical error.
Old August 14th, 2008, 02:21 PM

Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death!

It's interesting to see such a boost for ranged figures. It seems like WotC has been trying to take range's advantage down a peg or two with the TJ rules, and the glyph of Thorian from SotM. Now they buff range back up again. I wonder if this means that they think the game is back in balance?

She is the first figure who has Stealth Dodge and more than one life. It will be interesting to see how she holds up under fire. Potentially, she could be the hardest figure to kill.

Now I really want to play with her.
Old August 14th, 2008, 02:40 PM

Bloody the Marro Stinger knows what's in an order marker Bloody the Marro Stinger knows what's in an order marker Bloody the Marro Stinger knows what's in an order marker

Another reason why Carr benefits - his Sword. You can Cover Fire him up to Shaken, and then send him off swords swinging and guns blazing into the crowd. Then, next turn, you can have Shaken pull him back at little to no risk to himself.

Bloody the Marro Stinger is the Chimeran Ravager in the....
KEEP OF THE NECRONOMICON
Old August 14th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Insanity of Cohesion

Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody the Marro Stinger View Post
Another reason why Carr benefits - his Sword. You can Cover Fire him up to Shaken, and then send him off swords swinging and guns blazing into the crowd. Then, next turn, you can have Shaken pull him back at little to no risk to himself.
I do not know about "no risk to himself" I do not think this has been brought up, but when Skahen moves a figure, I would assume they take leaving engagement strikes

-Ryougabot

Find out who works with whom

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units