Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old February 16th, 2015, 11:57 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Magic: the Gathering Strategy Board Game (Looks HeroScap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord View Post
Hmm... I thought you had to inflict enough wounds to kill them in one hit, or else you fail to inflict wounds at all, which is how MTG works.

What I'm saying is, In one attack, you have to blast it away. I think it's a bit odd to be placing damage on the figure, but it makes sense.
Perhaps you still do? But those wound markers stay there until the turn is resolved? (Since they could be attacked multiple times.)

We'll see, I guess.
Old February 17th, 2015, 12:46 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm not a MTG expert by any means, but can't you deal damage to a creature from multiple attacks / effects in one turn? In Scape terms, you would have to deal X wounds to a figure in a single turn, and then clear those wound markers at the end of the turn if the figure wasn't destroyed. That would make sense from a markers standpoint -- I can't see moving these guys and expecting wound markers to stay on the figure's base, unless they stack Lego style.
Old February 17th, 2015, 03:52 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

In my post on the previous page, I added some sketchy stats from the card pictures we've seen so far, both from SPIEL and TOY FAIR.

I wonder what the numbers represent in the lower right hand corner of the spell cards. Is it mana points?

It looks like they're going for 400 points for each faction when you total up cost for a Planeswalker and his/her 2 squads.

Last edited by GaryLASQ; February 19th, 2015 at 02:08 PM.
Old February 17th, 2015, 01:26 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Okay - and now I'm sold. This is a day 1, 2-3 set purchase.

~Aldin, lemmingishly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old February 19th, 2015, 02:37 AM

jojo204 is surprisingly tart

Well I'm in it for the dice if nothing else. 2 sets should just about cover it.
Old February 19th, 2015, 05:20 PM

AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormi_Boced View Post
The mini quality looks a bit on the low side imo
Not sure I agree. The see through mini's look very cool but I do think the others look bland...but that could just be the colour scheme.

This looks like 2 sets worth.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; February 19th, 2015 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Love those see-through firebirds!
Old February 19th, 2015, 08:50 PM

jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby!

Got bored and tinkered with Magic Set Editor...
Old February 19th, 2015, 09:00 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwsanner2 View Post

Got bored and tinkered with Magic Set Editor...
Nice!

Your custom probably has too much Defense.

--

A Child of the Risen Lord
--
Oklahoma HS Events - Colorado HS Events
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Maps Customs Trades
Old February 22nd, 2015, 02:05 AM

jojo204 is surprisingly tart

What do you guys think this will do to HS pricing once it drops. I see it going both ways myself. I can see it going up mainly on the terrain prices as the MTG players jumping on this wont be satisfied with what comes with the starter set and will be seeking more. Then hopefully discovering what HS is and being like hey I like the way that plays, the characters and want to give it a try, thus creating more demand.

Then I can also see it dropping prices as well. If more expansions come out and more of us start to play, we might start dumping the old stuff since it will have current support and new characters to try. If it goes to blind collectible route for future additions, it could get very expensive. So more of the out with the old and in with the new deal.

I guess there is also the 3rd route and HS prices stays the same. Its definitely going to be an interesting year to follow once its released. Cant wait to see how it all plays out.
Old February 22nd, 2015, 03:32 AM

betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby!

I believe at one point Wizards had considered making terrain expansions without figures and marketing them for all of their games. The unreleased desert expansion was to be the first I believe. If this sells well enough do you think we'll see a similar idea make a debut?
Old February 22nd, 2015, 02:39 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by betawolf36 View Post
I believe at one point Wizards had considered making terrain expansions without figures and marketing them for all of their games. The unreleased desert expansion was to be the first I believe. If this sells well enough do you think we'll see a similar idea make a debut?
Please. Pretty please. I'll even buy 4 copies of each expansion.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 22nd, 2015, 04:56 PM
wants to have Anne Hathaway's babies

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by betawolf36 View Post
Please. Pretty please. I'll even buy 4 copies of each expansion.
We all would. C3V and C3G would have a field day.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion