Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Notices

Old August 19th, 2022, 09:58 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
These are the things shambling around in @dok 's mind. I, conversely, have charming pirates. Make of that what you will.
Come on now, It's not my fault they haven't teased any of the wholesome stuff that was in my head.
Old August 19th, 2022, 10:00 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

There wasn't wholesome stuff in your head! You're a madman!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 19th, 2022, 11:54 PM

Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby!
Smile Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
From this and the first figures, someone is heavily into masks. We can paint faces, you know.
Maybe the designers just got so used to wearing masks themselves these last few years
Old August 20th, 2022, 09:37 AM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: NO POSTING - Heroscape 2.0 News from Designers and Staff

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old August 20th, 2022, 09:41 AM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
I doubt they will make the same mistake they did with the guardian knight. There is a lot of ill will about that mistake.

How can one score a Guardian Knight?

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old August 20th, 2022, 09:55 AM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
These are the things shambling around in @dok 's mind. I, conversely, have charming pirates. Make of that what you will.
Come on now, It's not my fault they haven't teased any of the wholesome stuff that was in my head.
You mean like Care Bear Scape? That is what I’m really waiting for..!

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old August 20th, 2022, 10:43 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
Quote:
Quote:
The graphic next to my username might be a clue!

Spoiler Alert!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 20th, 2022, 11:13 AM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The graphic next to my username might be a clue!

Spoiler Alert!
Oo Smurf Scape! I can just imagine those little critters climbing inside DW9K and disabling his main circuit.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old August 20th, 2022, 11:57 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Not exactly Care Bears, but hopefully this is close enough?

Old August 20th, 2022, 03:49 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
Could the Onmitsu be a squad of figures instead of a single hero? The drawing indicates multiple poses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarm View Post
To those interested, here are a little more infos that I just researched on the japanese terms:

=> The Onmitsu were undercovered ninja agents, employed by the government and the Shogun (the absolute military ruler, who actually had more power than the emperor) in place around the 1700s. So yes tom, I think it's not a stretch to predict an Onmitsu squad, and perhaps a certain type of bonding to their new master here ?

=> The Akuma is an evil spirit in Japanese folklore.
Thanks for that onmitsu info.

I really don’t think this is a squad. If it is, it’s a squad of three human figures that look exactly the same just in different poses. That isn’t unusual for commons but it would be unusual for a unique squad, especially in the martial arts vein like the samurai & ninjas. The armor appears to be exactly the same, the weapons, the face mask, the hair, the gender - all are exactly the same in all three poses.

I think it’s a hero where they just wanted to give the sculptor a real good idea of what the flow and feel might be for this figure, to give them some options to choose what type of scuplt might be best suited for the figure, to convey that they have flexibility in what they want from the sculpt.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by Rÿchean; August 20th, 2022 at 05:05 PM. Reason: kinda nice to speculate again instead of just knowing
Old August 21st, 2022, 04:21 AM
Old and Boring

Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness

There are other unique heroes who have multiple poses in the concept art they've already posted. See the unique marro pirate and Bonny, for example. On the other hand, it looks like they're drawn with multiple figures posing together (especially the sketch in the upper left), unlike the separate A/B/C poses of the earlier examples.

I'm kind of wondering if this is maybe a unique hero with some sort of duplication power? Not sure how that would work mechanically, but it's the vibe I'm getting from the art.
Old August 21st, 2022, 12:12 PM

Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rÿchean View Post
I don't think they are going to do similar units to c3v. However, I think it is unrealistic to expect them to take into account all of the c3v and sov stuff.

I could be wrong but that seems like a daunting, overly complicated way to move forward with new Heroscape.

C3V stuff is awesome; I have some of it in my collection, but it is still custom work, no matter how polished or how many accolades it receives.

We are lucky to have them making it backwards compatible and balanced with official scape. They could have made the decision to start completely fresh.

I don't really get why it can't be made compatible with current C3V/SoV. For the future one I understand the problem.
The only "custom" part is they are not available for everyone easily. But it's the same with old scape while they are not re-edited.
And I don't think there is something which prevent them to decide if they re edit old scape to edit C3V/SoV figure in an official way

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion