Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 9th, 2019, 11:30 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Leader - Public Playtesting

Thanks for the results! Looks like the dice were pretty rough on you with those. I'm not surprised he wasn't quite feeling like his cost, though. I felt he was a pretty soft 270 when I tested him.

I'm good with making it +10 instead of +5 for his own troops and going from there.

Did you like him otherwise or do you feel more changes are needed to get him where you'd find him enjoyable to play?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 9th, 2019, 04:13 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Outside of the 'Leader' having his minions ignore him well over 50% of the time in my tests, he felt great to me. No concerns at all about the Invaders synergy, you can run an army like that and have fun but since you have to either take a turn with the Invaders or roll the d20 for some bonding it isn't anything too powerful. Really since the Invaders lose stats when the Leader dies, I found I mostly just wanted to take turns with the Invaders as long as I had some to use.
Old February 9th, 2019, 05:38 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

OK I will switch to the +10 going forward and see how he does. Depending on results I could see a slight point drop or attack bump to go with the D20 change.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 11th, 2019, 03:49 PM

Awesome! Thank you! These are very helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericth74
Here is my playtest results. Let me know if you have any questions or need more info.

Eric

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Leader 270pts
Army Test
Map: Grundy’s Grave
Units:1000 point armies - Leader, Abomination(360), Scorpion(200), Elektra vs Hulk(380), Captain America(240), Iron Man(220), Hawkeye(160)

Game 1:
Normal Attack Damage:
R2T3 3 wounds Captain America
R3T2 1 wound Hulk
R3T3 2 wounds Hulk
R5T3 2 wounds Hawkeye

GAMMA WORLD
Used R2T2, Iron Man took 2 wounds, Iron Man and Hawkeye turned Mutate with Super Strength

MONSTER MANIPULATION 15 - This game Leader added 5 to his roll if a teammate was targeted.
Used 4 times with teammates, successful 3 times
Used 5 times against enemy Mutates, successful 1 time

FORCE FIELD X
Used 2 times (probably should have been used once or twice more)

Recap -

Round 1: Leader moves and Monster Manipulates Abomination, who Super Leaps to attack Iron Man and its blocked but throws him for 1 wound. Hawkeye Sky Carries Cap who puts 3 wounds on Abomination. Hulk Super Leaps to attack Scorpion and gives him 1 wound. Abomination gives 1 wound to Cap.

Round 2: Abomination throws Cap for 1 wound. Leader drops the Gamma Bomb Glyph giving Iron Man 2 wounds and turning Iron Man and Hawkeye into Mutates. Leader gives Cap 3 wounds from range and Manipulates Abomination who kills Cap. Iron Man puts another wound on Abomination.

Round 3: Abomination puts 4 wounds on Hulk. A raged up Hulk kills Abomination. Leader gives Hulk a wound from range, tries to Manipulate Scorpion but fails. A rage filled Hulk kills Scorpion. Leader gives Hulk 2 more wounds from range, killing him.

Round 4: For two turn markers in a row, Leader misses an attack on Iron Man and tries but fails to Manipulate the now Mutate Iron Man. Iron Man attacks Leader but Leader reveals an x-marker to ignore the attack of 4 skulls. Hawkeye gives Leader a wound from range.

Round 5: Iron Man attacks Leader for 2 wounds(forgot to use x-marker!). Elektra gives 3 wounds to Iron Man, who goes down because of a failed Reroute roll. Hawkeye gives Leader another wound. Leader misses Hawkeye from range and a fails Manipulate roll on Hawkeye. Leader gives 2 wounds to Hawkeye from range and again misses a Manipulation roll on him.

Round 6: Hawkeye attacks Leader from range, but he reveals an x-marker. Leader Manipulates Hawkeye to move away from from Leader and closer to Elektra. Elektra kills Hawkeye to end the game.

Who won? Leader’s team.
List figures remaining in the winning army (include life remaining for heroes):
Leader 3 of 7 life left
Elektra 5 of 5 life left

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Army Test
Map: Chernobyl Conflict
Units: 800 pt teams - Leader, Sandman, Puck, Vertigo vs Luke Cage 190, Jessica Jones, Shang-Chi, White Tiger

Game 1:
Normal Attack Damage:
R1T3 3 wounds Jessica Jones
R2T3 2 wounds Shang-Chi (dead)
R3T3 1 wound Luke Cage (dead)
R4T3 1 wound White Tiger
R5T1 1 wound White Tiger
R5T2 1 wound White Tiger

GAMMA WORLD – Used in R4T2, causing no wounds but making White Tiger a Mutate

MONSTER MANIPULATION 15 – This game Leader added 10 to his roll if a teammate was targeted.
Attempted 11 times, successful 10 times (all on teammates)

FORCE FIELD X
Used 3 times in a 5 round game

Recap

Round 1: Lots of movement and bonding. Leader gives Jessica Jones 3 wounds from range. Jessica Jones put a wound on Puck.

Round 2: Sandman gives Luke Cage a wound. Puck takes 2 wounds from Jones. Puck attacks Shang-Chi and gives him 4 wounds. Cage kills Puck(side note: I’ve never rolled 2+ shields with Puck, I really like him but he dies early in every game I use him in). Leader kills Shang-Chi from range. Sandman gives Cage a wound. Jones gives Leader a wound. Cage gives 3 wounds to Sandman.

Round 3: Jessica Jones gives Leader 3 wounds. Luke Cage gives a wound to Sandman. Sandman uses Sandstorm and gives a wound to both Jones and Cage. Cage attacks Leader and rolls 4 skulls but he reveals an x-marker to ignore the attack.

Round 4: White Tiger kills Sandman. Leader uses Gamma Bomb, no wounds on White Tiger but becomes a Mutate with Super Strength. Leader gives White Tiger a wound. Vertigo gives 2 wounds to Tiger. White Tiger puts 3 wounds on Vertigo.

Round 5: Leader gives Tiger a wound. White Tiger kills Vertigo. Leader kills White Tiger.

Who won? Leader's team.
List figures remaining in the winning army (include life remaining for heroes):
Leader 3 of 7 life left

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY:
GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Leader was a surprisingly strong and fun unit. He finally brings some good synergy to mutate units with d20 bonding and enemy unit control. Also he has the ability to transform enemies and teammates to mutates via his Gamma Bomb glyph. At 270 points he has a high cost but with his array of powers he is worth it, maybe even a bargain? His 7 life and Force Field X power makes him quite durable, even for a figure with only 4 defense. The difference in the two games with the Monster Manipulation rolls of 5 or 10 added to your roll made a big difference in order marker placement. When I could add 10 to my roll I placed all my order markers on Leader(as one would expect in a “leader”), when I could only add 5 I had to spread them out some for fear of missing a roll. You do have to watch him placement to be able to stay in range of mutate figures, because of the 4 space limit on Monster Manipulation which can put Leader closer to the action than you would like. So even though I had most of my order markers on him I found that I didn’t move him much and tried to take advantage of his range. All in all Leader is a strong unit, that was a little stronger for me with some hot dice. I wouldn’t expect him to do as much damage as he did with his 4 attack normally. Hopefully he is released sooner than later.

Old February 11th, 2019, 03:50 PM

To me, there were some reservations about him being at 270 before we went to +10 but these results make me feel good about him at 270 points with the +10 bonus. I'd be OK moving forward here, but want to hear from folks about whether you want to see more tests or not first.

Old February 11th, 2019, 05:03 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Maybe one more set, just to verify that someone else gets the same vibe from him as Ericth74

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old February 20th, 2019, 09:10 PM

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fret_gurglo
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Leader @ 270

Army Test
Map: Martian War Zone
Units: Leader (270), Lizard (200), Mister Hyde (260) Morbius (250) (980) vs Alfred (60), Captain America (240), Hulkbuster Soldiers x2 (250), Thaddeus Ross (160), War Machine (270) (980)

Powers Used:
GAMMA WORLD: 1
MONSTER MANIPULATION (SUCCESS): 7
MONSTER MANIPULATION (FAIL): 5
FORCE FIELD: 4

Damage from normal attacks: 5

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Ravaged Road
Units: Incredible Hulk (380), Leader (270), Wendigo (350) (1000) vs Human Torch (225), Invisible Woman (215), Mister Fantastic (235), The Thing (325) (1000)

Powers Used:
GAMMA WORLD: 1
MONSTER MANIPULATION (SUCCESS): 4
MONSTER MANIPULATION (FAIL): 2
FORCE FIELD: 1

Damage from normal attacks: 4

Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: A little undercost. His control is near guaranteed for his own units and therefore he is a free attack of 4 with a range of 5 every turn. His high Life and Force Field mean he will stick around for a while and his bomb, although not very effective, is a strong deterrent for large groups to attack. I think he should be closer to 290-300.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: I really like this, it is a good rendition of the Leader.

Old February 20th, 2019, 09:37 PM

OK, a bit swingy here. Here are the results:

Before change (+5 to roll for allies)
Big Wins: 1
Close Wins: 1
Big Losses: 3
Close Losses: 1

After change (now +10 to roll for allies):
Big Wins: 2

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Old February 20th, 2019, 09:50 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
OK, a bit swingy here. Here are the results:

Before change (+5 to roll for allies)
Big Wins: 1
Big Losses: 3
Close Losses: 1

After change (now +10 to roll for allies):
Big Wins: 2

Thoughts? Suggestions?
I thought we had 4 test results post change?
Old February 20th, 2019, 09:53 PM

Ericth was halfway done when I got him the notice to change

Old February 20th, 2019, 09:53 PM

I'm thinking 280 points and dropping to +7 boost?

Old February 20th, 2019, 09:56 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Splitting the difference seems reasonable. Got Thanos and then Blue Beetle queued up next, but I can sign up for a test once those are done.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library