Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old April 26th, 2021, 04:11 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Utah Monthlies 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
I think a simpler way to do it (and essentially get the same result) would be just to have the opponents choose the 1 army (of the 3) that their opponent could NOT use. otherwise, it was a pretty interesting format that forced some really interesting army building and matchups.
Sir H and I were discussing this at the tournament, and I think this would be a good way to do it, if we ever re-use the format. Overall, I didn't notice anyone having trouble past the very start. I thought it was pretty fun.
In the event that you bring something to a tournament that isn’t suitable for lack of knowledge of the format rules, it can make the game time less than enjoyable. Since having fun is really all I care about when it comes to these things, I’d rather hit the mark when building my armies.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old April 26th, 2021, 06:21 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I think a simpler way to do it (and essentially get the same result) would be just to have the opponents choose the 1 army (of the 3) that their opponent could NOT use. otherwise, it was a pretty interesting format that forced some really interesting army building and matchups.
Sir H and I were discussing this at the tournament, and I think this would be a good way to do it, if we ever re-use the format. Overall, I didn't notice anyone having trouble past the very start. I thought it was pretty fun.
In the event that you bring something to a tournament that isn’t suitable for lack of knowledge of the format rules, it can make the game time less than enjoyable. Since having fun is really all I care about when it comes to these things, I’d rather hit the mark when building my armies.
I think understand what you mean. We want to have a variety of different formats to keep things fresh each month, so that no one looses interest. On the other hand, formats such as Protect the Crystal, have burned people before, who didn't realize that your opponent doesn't actually have to fight your army, if they can just kill your crystal before you can stop them. We expect everyone to read the rules of the format, and ask questions if something isn't clear, or confuses them, but some aspects of a format won't become apparent until you actually start playing. For that very reason, we also understand that we need to make sure we aren't doing anything too complex. There does need to be a line drawn somewhere, and we probably walked that line with this last format. We could have made things clearer, and if we ever use it again, we will make sure to spell things out better. I have brought this up internally, and We (the monthly staff) are discussing this privately to make sure we don't ever cross that line.
Old April 26th, 2021, 06:40 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I think understand what you mean. We want to have a variety of different formats to keep things fresh each month, so that no one looses interest. On the other hand, formats such as Protect the Crystal, have burned people before, who didn't realize that your opponent doesn't actually have to fight your army, if they can just kill your crystal before you can stop them. We expect everyone to read the rules of the format, and ask questions if something isn't clear, or confuses them, but some aspects of a format won't become apparent until you actually start playing. For that very reason, we also understand that we need to make sure we aren't doing anything too complex. There does need to be a line drawn somewhere, and we probably walked that line with this last format. We could have made things clearer, and if we ever use it again, we will make sure to spell things out better. I have brought this up internally, and We (the monthly staff) are discussing this privately to make sure we don't ever cross that line.
Sounds good. I read through the rules a few times and question things I’m not familiar with but when it becomes more complex sometimes the little things get left out or can be taken differently by individual assumption. For instance. On the burnout format, I assumed that each match was in fact a different “game” and planned on using atlagas bolt ability once per game. As I talked to @BiggaBullfrog , it seemed apparently clear that was how it was supposed to work, but then talked to @Sir Heroscape about how I was going to play it at the tourney and he said it was just one game with multiple mini games. Ultimately between the other TOs it got played the first way. That kind of situation is quite frustrating. The format ended up being pretty fun. Some clarification on some of these more extravagant formats is needed though, so I’m glad you guys are on top of it. For me, if I’m going to sacrifice a Saturday, and drive 2 hours each direction along with gas, I want to at least have a decent time. I get that the formats need to stay interesting for those of you that play quite often.

Old April 26th, 2021, 11:12 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Yeah, Burnout was probably the most complicated format we've run (IMHO way more involved than the one we just did), and we had a lot of discussion on the inside on how we wanted it to work. That probably led to some natural divergence from Sir H's original ruleset/intentions, but that's also why I put up some FAQ's while gearing up for the event. I will say we've been going more experimental than usual lately. Since we're capped at 16 players right now, we've been using it as an opportunity to try formats we wouldn't usually try (like Burnout) since we know that on gameday we won't have 30 people showing up and asking questions at the same time.

If you have a preference on formats, please let us know! We can't please everyone, but if something just isn't enjoyable then that's valuable information. Also let us know what you do like so you can have a great time!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old April 27th, 2021, 04:20 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Yeah, Burnout was probably the most complicated format we've run (IMHO way more involved than the one we just did), and we had a lot of discussion on the inside on how we wanted it to work. That probably led to some natural divergence from Sir H's original ruleset/intentions, but that's also why I put up some FAQ's while gearing up for the event. I will say we've been going more experimental than usual lately. Since we're capped at 16 players right now, we've been using it as an opportunity to try formats we wouldn't usually try (like Burnout) since we know that on gameday we won't have 30 people showing up and asking questions at the same time.

If you have a preference on formats, please let us know! We can't please everyone, but if something just isn't enjoyable then that's valuable information. Also let us know what you do like so you can have a great time!
I’m not saying these more complex formats are a bad thing. They just might need a little more clarification at times. I’m a pretty experienced Heroscaper, and some of the stuff is a little fuzzy at times. Lesser experienced players may have more trouble with this but not say anything. Some may even be discouraged to go. It’s a tough sell for me to go down there because it’s a fairly decent bit out of the way and I usually have plenty of things to keep me busy otherwise. I don’t need catered to myself, and I don’t play too often anymore, so fairly simple formats or simple formats with a twist suit me just fine. Simple formats like, reverse the whip, hordes, and all the classic formats that are pretty cut and dry are all pretty exciting to me because it’s simple enough that I know what I’m getting into. With all the new players coming into the scene, revisiting classic formats isn’t a bad thing either.

Old April 30th, 2021, 06:05 PM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

UTAH MONTHLY MAY 2021

When: May 29th, 1:00-5:00 PM

Cost: $5 (100% of entry fees go to prize support!!)

Format: General Wars
Pick your favorite general to represent!

The rules for General Wars are pretty simple: all the figures in your army must follow the same general. We're also adding the twist that has been so popular lately, which is that you can only have up to 195 points of the same common in your army. (You can have more than 195 points of different commons, just not the same. So you could have 4th x2 and Knights x2 and be fine, but you can't get a third squad of either.) Astute observers may notice that we're just about straight copy/pasting the format from the upcoming ScapeCon, though we made the decision to allow VC, which also means that Valkrill gets to count as his own general. (He grew up so fast...)
  • 490 Point Limit
  • 24 Figure Limit
  • All the figures in your army must follow the same general
  • Only up to 195 points of the same common (not uncommon)
  • C3V & SoV allowed, Official Marvel NOT allowed because no general
  • Power Glyphs: Unique Attack +1, Move +2, Initiative +8, D20 +1, Wound, Healer
  • Treasure Glyphs: Elixir of Speed, Belt of Giant Strength, Ring of Protection, Scarab of Invulnerability, Brooch of Shielding
  • Four 50-minute Rounds

Raffle: Friends with the Outcast
If you come to the tourney and you're the only player repping your general, you'll be entered into a raffle for a sweet sweet prize!

Maps:
Spoiler Alert!

Standings:
Spoiler Alert!

PLEASE BE SURE TO RSVP so we can be sure to accommodate maps, prizes, etc. for all attendees. Also, with COVID restrictions, it's required now anyway.

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; June 4th, 2021 at 05:16 PM.
Old April 30th, 2021, 07:03 PM
"like" happy

Put me on to come to this one @BiggaBullfrog . I’ve got to hand off the scapecon prize commission to Sir Heroscape, and the format looks like fun, so I’m gonna try extra hard to make it.

Old April 30th, 2021, 08:20 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I’m in!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old May 7th, 2021, 08:22 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'll grab two spots.

One for me, one for @RiverFang
Old May 7th, 2021, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
I'll grab two spots.

One for me, one for @RiverFang
Awesome sauce! Got you down!

10 Points Under Videos

Old May 7th, 2021, 08:59 PM

DaDude is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Put my brother and I on the list for May!
Old May 7th, 2021, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDude View Post
Put my brother and I on the list for May!
Got you down!

10 Points Under Videos

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events