Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old March 16th, 2024, 06:40 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: The New York City Gang Of Four

Both Kolakoski and Thrasher Darkrai have already submitted armies for our next game. This wasn't requested this time around, but it does give me as next month's Game Master a chance to make sure they follow the scenario guidelines; which they do.

The GM here is always the person providing the new monthly custom scenario and map, so he can answer questions such as any about army construction, revise the scenario if needed, and adjudicate any situations which come up before or during the game, usually with the concensus of the group. This sometimes requires adjusting the actual game to the number of players who can show up, if this changes. We have five regular members now; we usually have 3-5 players for each session, which consists of two or three games on one large communal board. Guests are usually welcome if the scenario allows.

The GM rotation gives everyone a chance to offer a fun time for all!

Last edited by chas; March 17th, 2024 at 07:30 AM.
Old March 17th, 2024, 03:22 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

As this is a free for all, my April 3rd army:

Spoiler Alert!

Old March 18th, 2024, 11:37 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Significant changes to Shi-Tarkas:

SHI-TARKAS
General: Aquilla
Race: Mantidae
Uniqueness: Uncommon Hero
Class: Scout
Personality: Fearless
Size: Medium 5
Life: 5
Move: 6
Range: 1
Attack: 3
Defense: 3

SHI-TARKAS ATTACK BONDING
If this Sh-Tarkas inflicts a wound on an opponent's figure, you may take a turn with one other Shi-Tarkas you control.

THRI-KREEN ASSAULT
If an opponent's figure is within 2 spaces of this Shi-Tarkas, and its base is no more than 1 level above or 1 level below this Shi-Tarkas' base, this Shi-Tarkas may add 1 to her Range when attacking that opponent's figure. You may add 1 to this Shi-Tarkas' Attack if there is another Shi-Tarkas within 2 spaces of both the targeted figure and this Shi-Tarkas.

EVASIVE 1
When this Shi-Tarkas rolls defense dice against an attacking figure who is not adjacent, add 1 defense die to her roll.
Thus, 4/3's army is now:

Spoiler Alert!

As this is a free for all, it need not be all powerful, just a bit flexible.

Last edited by kolakoski; March 20th, 2024 at 06:06 PM.
Old March 19th, 2024, 07:39 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

HOW WE SCAPE

Here is a cross post from a Kolokoski thread on Whither Heroscape in general, that summarizes all that goes on here in a way I've never done before, with a few small additions from that post:

My own main policies since Heroscape went out of print, besides our usual rotating Game Masters providing monthly custom scenarios here at The New York City Gang of Four's Game Palace, mostly on larger multiplayer maps, has been:

1. To make all VC cards available for our games, even with a heavy use of proxies. This is paired with four members' collections including all of Classic Scape, custom terrain such as 24 hex pieces of Desert and Snow terrain, and etc.

2. To use my extensive library of Superheroes and Villains available, after my retirement and The Great Card Hunt, snatching many independent customs from later disappearance with hard copies in my file boxes and binder catalogue of them all. And these include my favorites from C3G (1.0) as well as many of our own customs.

3. To continue to support our own playtesting efforts, even as we have become generally less personally involved with the VC and C3G new outputs. The main exception is our thread host Kolakoski, who continues to submit new characters to SOV after the acceptance of one. In the past these have included designs from both the two fan committees and our own individual designs of the original four members.

4. To welcome the Haslab/Renegade cards and make them available to our games as well. I've been the person most supportive of this in printing out all the cards and providing proxy figures, mostly through Anitar's cards. However, the production strategy of Renegade seems to ignore the wants of us older Scapers, and none of us are buying in yet. Right now I'm feeling somewhat isolated by their choices to not make the figures available without the old terrain, which we don't need at all and don't wish to pay for.

5. We remain inclusive of everything possible to bring to the table in our own Scape Universe for our custom scenarios, which remain creative and vital in our own playing experience, which has continued in the possibilities inherent since Heroscape first came out, even before our group was formed.

Such are the main parameters of our own little corner of the Heroscape experience, which I wish to continue to encourage and continue in our future, along with my pals here.

Last edited by chas; March 19th, 2024 at 07:55 AM.
Old March 21st, 2024, 10:46 AM

Anitar's New AOA Wave 1 Cards Now Available

While most sources I've seen won't let you print out the new Renegade AOA Wave 1 Cards--19 out of the total of 51 Haslab AOA cards revealed or promised back then--Anitar has just made her own new versions available.

Her new cards are made in the old Classic style, but with the photos of the upcoming new painted Renegade minis, which are now up for preorder. These are more colorful and easier to read than her old ones. They are updated with the recent Wave 1 changes. These mostly keep the same text and stats as the old Haslab cards, but there have been some changes in Generals assigned, Stats, and even a few Powers.

They are available on the Age of Annihilation site section here.

If you want to play these figures with proxies, as we have been doing, with your Classic or Classic and VC units, this is the way to go for our group. To welcome these new Renegade cards onto our table, you'll notice that my April scenario has each player choosing one to rotate into their army during the game in my AOA Tag Team Match. And since they are so close to the old AOA Haslab versions, Kolakoski is using them in his playtest games now too.

The new cards that were unrevealed during the Haslab offering, including the SOTM Heroes and new Kyrie, have been on the table with my own or Anitar's customs, but those now revealed by Renegade are now being replaced here by the new Official ones, including two promos. So these cards/figures have the most changes to them now. In addition to the other Wave 1 figures, these include:

Sgt. Drake Alexander (Promo)
Shiori (Promo)
Raelin the Kyrie Warrior l(Evil Utgar version)
Loviatek* (Utgar Kyrie)
Misaerx (Undead Revna Kyrie)

*Loviatek bonds in a way with Evil Raelin. I have suggested that if Raelin is eliminated that Loviatek loses her power that depends on having another Unique Utgar Kyrie in the army, and that has now been confirmed on Loviatek's Book Page.

Last edited by chas; March 21st, 2024 at 11:01 AM.
Old March 23rd, 2024, 10:27 AM

Well met!

Thanks to @mac122!

Note: 2 copies will need to be printed out.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion