Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old August 15th, 2019, 07:48 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Chucky (Charles Lee Ray)

Thanks Arkham.
Old August 15th, 2019, 08:42 AM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

BARBIE MODE
After moving a figure you control that started its movement adjacent to Chucky, you may place Chucky on any empty space adjacent to that figure. Chucky is never attacked when leaving engagements. If Chucky has not attacked or inflicted a wound on an opponent's figure yet this game, and is not the only figure you control on the battlefield, he cannot be targeted by an enemy figure for attacks or special powers and he does not prevent figures engaged with him from making attacks against non-adjacent figures.

Something like that, maybe?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 15th, 2019, 01:15 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Chucky (Charles Lee Ray) (Breathing)

EDIT: superninja'ed!

OK, so my suggestion would be:
  1. Split the carried/disengage part of Barbie mode into its own power
  2. Flesh out the Barbie Mode description to explain the engagement cancellation while choosing targets (only then, so LEAs are still allowed)
  3. Reference Barbie Mode in Play Dead, so as to avoid repeating all that
So...
CARRIED TOY
After moving a figure you control that started its movement adjacent to Chucky, you may place Chucky on any empty space adjacent to that figure. Chucky is never attacked when leaving engagements.

BARBIE MODE
If Chucky has not attacked or inflicted a wound on an opponent's figure yet this game, and is not the only figure you control on the battlefield, Chucky cannot be targeted by an enemy figure for attacks or special powers, and figures are not considered engaged with Chucky when choosing targets.

CHILD'S PLAY
After Chucky or an adjacent figure you control attacks a figure adjacent to Chucky, if the defending figure is not destroyed, you must roll the 20-sided die. Add 3 to the roll if the attacking figure is a Slasher or Tormentor, or instead 6 to the roll if the attacking figure is Chucky. If you roll:
• 6 or lower, the attacking figure receives a wound.
• 7-16, nothing happens.
• 17 or higher, the defending figure receives a wound.

PLAY DEAD
Whenever Chucky receives enough wounds to be destroyed in any way except by this special power, instead of placing those wounds you must roll 1 unblockable attack die against Chucky, and he cannot be targeted for attacks or special powers is considered in Barbie Mode for the remainder of the current player's turn.
Unrelated, but Play Dead in its current form also feels a bit excessive. Maybe I feel that way because it hit a bunch of times the one time I played against him, but it's still weird to me that we'd give an 85 point figure a defensive power from an Asgardian God. In many ways it's much better here, because Balder relies on his high life and defense and is often only at one life anyway, while Chucky is frequently blocking a 3 or 4-wound hit cold with this power. I'm pretty sure he's the hardest figure to kill under 100 points in the game, and I don't think it's very close.

I'd suggest just having him take the wound automatically; in practice I think he still usually gets to use the second half of the power most of the time.
Old August 20th, 2019, 07:26 AM
The Opposite of Pants

Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun

I don’t think that change is necessary nor warranted given he was tested as-is to balanced results. I would think it’s just a lucky/unlucky experience you witnessed, which we’ve all had I’m sure. I’ve had Hal Jordan destroy my opponent’s entire 1,500 point team alone, which is certainly not the normal. I’ve played multiple games with Chucky where he took 3 wounds right away then his first play dead roll saw him die.

Old August 20th, 2019, 04:45 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
BARBIE MODE
After moving a figure you control that started its movement adjacent to Chucky, you may place Chucky on any empty space adjacent to that figure. Chucky is never attacked when leaving engagements. If Chucky has not attacked or inflicted a wound on an opponent's figure yet this game, and is not the only figure you control on the battlefield, he cannot be targeted by an enemy figure for attacks or special powers and he does not prevent figures engaged with him from making attacks against non-adjacent figures.

Something like that, maybe?
This still feels clean and simple to me.

Fwiw, I had no issues with Chuckles either when I tested him. Tough to put down sometimes? Absolutely. Broken? Not in isolation at least.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 1st, 2019, 12:06 PM
The Opposite of Pants

Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun

Updated with suggested wording.

Old September 1st, 2019, 01:43 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I thought changes like this require the reevaluation process. This was just brought up in Cosmic Boy.
Old September 1st, 2019, 01:51 PM
The Opposite of Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I thought changes like this require the reevaluation process. This was just brought up in Cosmic Boy.
Haven't followed the Cosmic Boy stuff, but in this case, it's a wording update for clarity, unless I'm mistaken?

Old September 1st, 2019, 01:55 PM

I guess it depends on how he was tested.
Though in Cosmic Boy's case it did not matter.
I really do not care but quozl may.
Old September 1st, 2019, 02:54 PM
The Opposite of Pants

I believe it's a matter of this part of Barbie Mode: "he cannot be targeted by an enemy figure for attacks or special powers". This was intended to mean Chucky does not prevent adjacent figures from targeting non-adjacent figures. However, that's not clear enough. Thus, the add-on wording suggestion.

From my understanding, that was always the intent, and is how he was tested. That being said, this effectively makes Chucky less of a concern/broken design than he was being treated by dok and LordV, so I'd see no reason to warrant anything more in this case. If we were trying to make him better or error in the favor of increasing his effectiveness, then that's another conversation.

Old September 1st, 2019, 03:02 PM

Just saying you may want to clear things before making changes.
Old September 1st, 2019, 03:07 PM
The Opposite of Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Just saying you may want to clear things before making changes.

@quozl
@Karat
@Lazy Orang
@Soundwarp SG-1
@japes
@johnny139
@dok

Are you ok with me making a wording clarification change here to avoid any further confusion?

Quote:
BARBIE MODE

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library