Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old November 8th, 2014, 05:46 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Judge Fear(Design Phase)

We could change it so you "pay" your revealed OM in order to place a marker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 8th, 2014, 05:52 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this? Like remove it from the card?
Old November 8th, 2014, 05:54 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Speaking from a suuuper early competitive review stand point, the 'place an OM on a card' thing seems like a really weird mechanic that's just asking for horrible competitive cheese abuse. If you really want to make it mess up Face of Fear (I'm not sure why that's needed, Face of Fear isn't that good as it stands, especially since it messes up what would be his biggest synergies with Death and Dracula), it seems like you could just say 'remove that OM to place a bear trap marker on a card... blah blah blah" or something like that.

EDIT: semi ninja'd, oh well.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old November 8th, 2014, 06:03 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

So something like this:

MANTRAP
Start the game with two gray Mantrap Markers. Before moving, you may choose one Small or Medium Unique Hero figure without the Super Strength special power that is within two clear sight spaces of Judge Fear and place a Mantrap Marker on that figure's Army Card. A figure with a Mantrap Marker on its card may not move and may not attack non-adjacent figures. When a Figure with a Mantrap Marker on its card receives one or more wounds, remove the Mantrap Marker on its card from the game.

FACE OF FEAR
After moving Judge Fear, choose an adjacent figure. Subtract X number of dice from the chosen figure's defense this turn, where X equals the highest revealed numbered Order Marker on this card. Judge Dredd and figures with the Fearless personality are not affected by Face of Fear.

or

FACE OF FEAR
After moving Judge Fear, choose an adjacent figure, subtract 2(3?) dice from the chosen figure's defense this turn. Judge Dredd and figures with the Fearless personality are not affected by Face of Fear.

I added in some restrictions for size and also for Unique Heroes. It could be weird to place the marker on the card of a squad figure.
I could see adding in a clause that allows a friendly adjacent figure to remove the Mantrap Marker.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 8th, 2014, 08:40 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this? Like remove it from the card?
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 9th, 2014, 12:28 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Any thoughts? Anyone?

- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 9th, 2014, 06:36 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Sorry I missed the discussion here - but one thing I liked before was the limitation on Face of Fear (it being before movement), which is very much a "horror movie" sort of image. You can imagine him staring someone down and then going in for the kill. On the other hand, it makes it finnicky - which is why I liked Mantrap triggering off any Order Marker, as it allows him to tie a figure down for Face of Fear without having to waste a turn. I don't think those two powers interact as interestingly without both of them triggering as they originally did.

I do think a marker is a good idea for Mantrap (even if I'm not a huge fan of markers in general), and I prefer the variable number for Face of Fear, if only to add some flavor to it. No big deal if that proves too weak, though.

Anyways, the new draft is fine and I'd support it for sure. I personally like the older one better, but if I'm outvoted I'm outvoted.
Old November 9th, 2014, 08:52 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

I'm really liking quozl's idea, so something along the lines of this, is what I'd prefer.

MANTRAP

Start the game with two gray Mantrap Markers. Before movingtaking a turn with Judge Fear, you may remove the numbered Order Marker that was revealed on this card this turn and choose one Small or Medium Unique Hero figure without the Super Strength special power that is within two clear sight spaces of Judge Fear and place a Mantrap Marker on that figure's Army Card. A figure with a Mantrap Marker on its card may not move and may not attack non-adjacent figures. When a Figure with a Mantrap Marker on its card receives one or more wounds, remove the Mantrap Marker on its card from the game.

FACE OF FEAR
Before moving Judge Fear, you may choose one figure within 3 clear sight spaces whose target point Judge Fear has clear sight on. Subtract X number of dice from the chosen figure's defense this turn, where X equals the highest revealed numbered Order Marker on this card. Judge Dredd and figures with the Fearless and Insane personalityies are not affected by Face of Fear.

I think having these powers organized and worded like this would provide some interesting strategic play, while still letting Face of Fear get more potent and interesting as the round goes on.

At this point, I might even consider making it so they just can't attack at all, unless you want the markers to return to his card after they take a wound.
Old November 10th, 2014, 07:45 AM

Thanks gentlemen. I like that Karat.
I have considered no attacks for Mantrap. Judge Anderson(his favorite choice for Mantrap) was never able to attack. However Batman(whom I was surprised how easily he trapped) was able to grab a flare(I believe) and blast Fear with it at close range.
The one concern with making Mantrap 'no attack' would be teaming Fear with a figure with an auto-destroy power. You could lock down two figures and it would just be a matter of time before you destroy them.

I like what Karat has so unless someone has issue with it I will propose, later today, that we go forward with that version and I will knock out the Initial if approved.

Thanks again.

Can anyone think of any must army builds besides teaming him with Judge Death. I am thinking perhaps Cap for the Avenger bonus and Enchantress might be nice. Fear may work nicely with her due to his teleporting ability.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 10th, 2014, 10:39 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Honestly, as is, he and Death don't play very well together. They both want your OMs.
Old November 10th, 2014, 11:57 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Yeah, it seems really weird to me that Judge Fear doesn't work at all with Judge Death. Personally, I'd like to see his powers work like this:

MANTRAP
Start the game with two gray Mantrap Markers on this card. Instead of attacking with Judge Fear, you may choose a Small or Medium Unique Hero within 2 clear sight spaces of Judge Fear that does not have the Super Strength special power. Place a Mantrap Marker from this card unto the chosen Hero's card. A figure other than Judge Fear with a Mantrap Marker on its card cannot move or target a non-adjacent figure for an attack. If a figure with a Mantrap Marker on its card receives one or more wounds or is adjacent to a friendly unengaged figure at the end of any turn, remove all Mantrap Markers from that card.

FACE OF FEAR
Before taking a turn with Judge Fear, you may choose one figure within 2 clear sight spaces of Judge Fear. Subtract 2 from the chosen figure's Defense number until the end of this turn. Judge Dredd and figures with the Fearless and Insane personalities are not affected by Face of Fear.

My .

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old November 10th, 2014, 12:02 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Yeah, I'm starting to agree with V that this is the way to go. I like the mechanic you had for face of fear, but as it was, he wouldn't have played well with an OM hub.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library