Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old August 16th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth
Re: Annihilus - Brainstorming Phase

I like the idea (even if it is new), but I have questions:

If a match is to be played without glyphs, does that mean no one can use him?

Are you suggesting that once he is dispossessed of the rod, he would lose the rod's bonus and another die?

If he loses the rod, is it thematically important enough for him to retrieve, possibly foregoing an attack to do so? I ask because I really don't know.

Just imagine him losing it at the end of the round, getting OMs for next round to retrieve it, only to lose initiative to Joker, who moves the OMs off of him. Now his team would have to try and get him back the rod that round or he'd take another wound. That's good stuff.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old August 16th, 2010, 10:27 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
I like the idea (even if it is new), but I have questions:

If a match is to be played without glyphs, does that mean no one can use him?
You would be playing a game without glyphs.. on the field at least
Even if that is not allowed by your game scenario, you could still draft him, just not use him; a bit like spending points on just the Rechets without Iskra...

Quote:
Are you suggesting that once he is dispossessed of the rod, he would lose the rod's bonus and another die?
Yep, without the rod he would start to weaken and die.

Quote:
If he loses the rod, is it thematically important enough for him to retrieve, possibly foregoing an attack to do so? I ask because I really don't know.
Yes. In the comics he has even allied himself with the FF4 to get the rod back.

Quote:
Just imagine him losing it at the end of the round, getting OMs for next round to retrieve it, only to lose initiative to Joker, who moves the OMs off of him. Now his team would have to try and get him back the rod that round or he'd take another wound. That's good stuff.
The stuff legendary games are made of

I certainly think that it makes the figure a much more interesting one...
Old August 16th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like this direction, but why not wrap the stat bonus and the wounding bit into the same power? Seems like they're related enough and it would allow us to go forward with the glyph as is.
We've incorporated markers and combat dice and order markers and d20s into powers (well the official game did those for us) so connecting glyphs more clearly seems like the next logical step and equipment glyphs seem like a great way to do it (also, the official game is doing it with treasure glyphs, so why shouldn't we with equipment glyphs?).
Griff has told me he's got a good candidate for a future unit that should start the game with glyphs as well and I have had some ideas for such things myself (With Apocalypse, in fact) that I've shared with Hidicul (who's wanting very badly to work on the four Horsemen and then Apocalypse).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 16th, 2010, 01:04 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I am good with this as well, and I hope we could additionally tie-in a mechanic which makes it more difficult for him to lose the CCR glyph. For me, this is akin to everyone having the same ability to use Silver Surfer's surfboard which is a huge theme break for me.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old August 16th, 2010, 01:52 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I don't know - it's going to be tough for him to take wounds at all - I don't mind him still losing it every time he takes one.

Old August 16th, 2010, 04:24 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I don't know - it's going to be tough for him to take wounds at all - I don't mind him still losing it every time he takes one.
Agreed, it was a major plot theme when he lost the rod to Dr Doom so him loosing it doesn't seem to be an issue for him .

Cheers
Old August 24th, 2010, 04:20 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

As soon as I get some spare time I'll have a crack at some ability rewrites.

I just didn't want anyone to think that I've forgotten this...
Old August 24th, 2010, 07:54 AM

Good stuff. I'm glad you're keeping this on your radar.

Old August 24th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Good stuff. I'm glad you're keeping this on your radar.
Good to know he hasn't completely lost the Beeps, the Sweeps, and the Creeps.
Old August 27th, 2010, 03:11 AM
C3G Hero

Here is my idea then...

Sorry this took so long but I had done this one other time and a browser crash meant I lost it all. I was cranky and it took a while to get back here...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Annihilus

The Book of Annihilus

C3G MARVEL Exclusive

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Universe set. Its model number and name is #088-090/Annihilus.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Infinity Challenge set. Its model number and name is #064-066/Annihilus.

MINIATURE PICTURE

Background:
(BACKGROUND PICTURE FOR THE MINIATURE)

NAME = ANNIHILUS

SPECIES = ARTHRIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CONQUEROR
PERSONALITY = NIHILIST
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 8
MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 7
DEFENSE = 6
POINTS = ???

COSMIC CONTROL ROD EQUIPMENT GLYPH
Start the game with the Cosmic Control Rod Equipment Glyph on this card. Anytime you roll the 20-sided die to attack with the Cosmic Control Rod Equipment Glyph, you may add 5 to your die roll. At the end of a round Annihilus must take one wound if the Cosmic Control Rod Equipment Glyph is not this card. Annihilus can only lose the Cosmic Control Rod Equipment Glyph if he takes two or more wounds in a single attack.

EXOSKELETON
If a figure without the Super Strength special power attacks Annihilus with a normal attack, the most wounds he can take from the attack is one.

THE OPPOSING FORCE
If Annihilus inflicts one or more wounds with his normal attack or with the Cosmic Control Rod Equipment Glyph, you may remove one wound marker from this card.

FLYING
SUPERSTRENGTH

Character Bio -
Once a weak insectoid creature that was significantly intelligent due to a mutation. Annihilus found the Tyannan starship wreckage that brought him as an un-evolved spore to the planet Arthos. Annihilus used a knowledge transference helmet from the ship to master the advanced Tyannan technology. This enhanced his intelligence and strength, creating a "Cosmic Control Rod" and body armaments. Obsessed with survival, the paranoid Annihilus, set out to destroy any other living being he viewed as a possible threat to his existence. Annihilus used his newly acquired power to dominate other lifeforms that had arisen from the spores on Arthros, and plotted to either conquer or destroy the neighboring worlds in the Negative Zone.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

Synergy Benefits Received

Classic:
  • N/A
Marvel:
  • N/A
C3G:
  • N/A
Synergy Benefits Offered

Marvel:
  • N/A
Classic:
  • N/A
C3G:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A

-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • (Insert initial playtest here)
  • (Insert second playtest here)
  • (Insert third playtest here)
I was going to let the glyph bump up his attack and defense but it started to get a little wordy so I bumped up his base stats instead. I'm ok with that because Annihilus has fought and killed characters around the Silver Surfer level of power before.

I tweaked the wording a little to make it a little harder for him to lose the glyph (two or more wounds in a single attack) just so that the Annihilus player isn't just playing 'chase the glyph' quite so much.

I'm thinking about wording the Opposing Force power to only work while he has the glyph on his card...

Whatcha think?
Old August 27th, 2010, 03:52 AM

I like your suggested change to Opposing Force. I think with his current life/defense/defensive power/healing power combo, you should probably drop something somewhere down a little bit just so he's not unkillable. I'm thinking a drop to 7 or even 6 life is in order.
I really like what you've got here - lots of great, thematic, fun stuff!
One other thing, though - could we change the name of the first power to "COSMIC CONTROL ROD" or even just "COSMIC CONTROL"?

Old August 27th, 2010, 03:56 AM
C3G Hero

Quote:
I like your suggested change to Opposing Force.
Made sense to me as well. No point in him losing life every round if every attack he is healing...
Quote:
I think with his current life/defense/defensive power/healing power combo, you should probably drop something somewhere down a little bit just so he's not unkillable. I'm thinking a drop to 7 or even 6 life is in order.
I think 7 should be playtested and seeing what comes of it, we can go from there.
Quote:
I really like what you've got here - lots of great, thematic, fun stuff!
That's what I was aiming for.
Quote:
One other thing, though - could we change the name of the first power to "COSMIC CONTROL ROD" or even just "COSMIC CONTROL"?
Sure that's no biggie.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library