Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 23rd, 2006, 07:10 PM
Reigning NorCal Champ

Alastair MacDirk has disabled reputation
Favorite bonded hero/squad

My Favorite is the Knights with Alastair MacDirk. The knights absorb the enemies charge. Alastair hacks them down. I've seen people saying on here that Alastair is broken. They use him with the MacDirks and overextend him to get their attack up. I use his overextend once he is in battle to get in 2 swings. I often take out 300 or more points with MacDirk. What Hero/ Squad combo works best for you???

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkBladeCB
And I have a man crush on good looking robots.

Old May 23rd, 2006, 07:17 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby!
The Legionnaires with any warlord is killer. I think it might be too potent as the recent Sacred Band's limitation to an Einar Warlord bonding reveals.

But I like the Venoc Warlord with a couple of squads of Aubrien Archers and his enhancement of scouts. Now those Vipers and Theracus move an alarming 9 spaces - ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
Old May 23rd, 2006, 07:37 PM

feekonea has disabled reputation
I like the knights and denrick, they speacialize in thake out huge figs.

great traders:

Hilo-scaper and NEMT
Old May 23rd, 2006, 07:59 PM

bushi96 has disabled reputation
I am an orc man myself. I usually take 2-3 squads of archers and 2 squads of blade gruts. Bond the archers with swog riders for the distance attack and Krug to beat up anything that comes closer. Bond the blade gruts to Grimnack as the main force. Hasnt failed me yet...

"I'm not a vegetarian, but I eat animals who are"
~G. Marx~
Old May 23rd, 2006, 08:29 PM

Teamski is surprisingly tart
For looks, the Romans. However, for play, I lean towards the Knights with Finn. Having 4/4 common squads floating around can be quite nasty!

-Ski
Old May 23rd, 2006, 09:15 PM

Feng Shui has disabled reputation
Grimnak and Blade Gruts treated me surprisingly well the last game I played. Positioning helped though.

Hex, Venoc Warlord technically only gives his benefit to "Scouts". I was under the impression that the Aubrien's were classified as "Archers" and therefore did not receive the beneits.

And there is a technical "Scout" category. Check out Theracus.

But at any rate, I'm gonna have to try out a lot of bonded pairs... I haven't faced or played with too many yet. I did play the MacDirks with Finn... wasn't nearly as effective as Grim and the Gruts.

Old May 23rd, 2006, 09:18 PM

endpawn has disabled reputation
He just meant the frenzy bonus to archers and movement to the others feng. I am also a large fan of the bond vipers. Excellent unit.
Old May 23rd, 2006, 09:36 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feng Shui

Hex, Venoc Warlord technically only gives his benefit to "Scouts". I was under the impression that the Aubrien's were classified as "Archers" and therefore did not receive the beneits.

And there is a technical "Scout" category. Check out Theracus.

But at any rate, I'm gonna have to try out a lot of bonded pairs... I haven't faced or played with too many yet. I did play the MacDirks with Finn... wasn't nearly as effective as Grim and the Gruts.
No, I'm talking about Venoc giving the Aubriens the Frenzy assist.

And Venoc bonds with the Armocs, so he can be in this thread. I just don't like the Armocs all that much.

Am I missing something with Theracus? He's a scout, righ? So Venoc Warlord enhances Theracus's movement from 7 to a whopping 9! Like I said - ZOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM.
Old May 23rd, 2006, 11:34 PM

TheRealQ has disabled reputation
I have a slight fondness for Arrow Gruts with Krug, Mimring, Swog Riders. (yes that's plural)

With the AGs 6 movement they can cover glyphs pretty quick while allowing you to move the big Beasts forward for some fun. As you continue to use them you can move up fresh ones to take over the glyphs while moving the ones off the glyphs and into combat.

Old May 24th, 2006, 01:25 AM
Emeritus Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealQ
I have a slight fondness for Arrow Gruts with Krug, Mimring, Swog Riders. (yes that's plural)

With the AGs 6 movement they can cover glyphs pretty quick while allowing you to move the big Beasts forward for some fun. As you continue to use them you can move up fresh ones to take over the glyphs while moving the ones off the glyphs and into combat.
oh yeah, that's a fun one too! I recently took
Mimring, Krug, Tornak, Nerak, 1 arrow gruts, 1 blade gruts. That is a ton of fun free moving!
Old May 24th, 2006, 01:29 AM

Oprime is surprisingly tart
I like to use arrow gruts with Mimring/Krug.

Not sayin its the best, just cool.
Old May 25th, 2006, 08:36 AM

Jandars_Hope is surprisingly tart
I like to use Denrick with his knights or Alistair with the knights!!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units