Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old April 3rd, 2017, 04:45 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: C3G Public Design Nominations - Now Nominating Round 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
Kitty II was Gutudak's LD.
My bad.
Old April 3rd, 2017, 05:24 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Kitty II was Gutudak's LD.

I'd like to see Nightcrawler II, and obviously will be there to push that design along. Finding a way to make something work for the majority is sort of my forte at this point. So count me in for that one. I think with Nightcrawler (KD), it should help make that process easier for Nightcrawler II to stand out(such as a carry functionality).

My next LD will be Ares, and I'll be designing him in the Public to coincide with the Wonder Woman movie, much like Cosmo for Guardians 2. So we have some good stuff here to tide us over.
I do agree that KD will help eliminate several distractions that bogged us down. Glad to have at least that one sorted out. Kudo's to you for gutting up and tackling that one.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 3rd, 2017, 05:57 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Nightcrawler being one of my favorite characters, and easily my favorite Mutant, it was a passion project that needed to be done. Definitely a bucket list design for me.
Old April 3rd, 2017, 08:05 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Honestly, it seems like the easy solution here is just to open this up to allow anyone ally or above to enter. You're losing allies from both sides and that's not changing anytime soon. Seems like it would make sense, you're no longer losing privileges for advancing in rank, and the system still should favor allies as the other ranks should have other ways to do designs.
This is along the lines of an idea I want to propose to the other Heroes. I think it might be the way to go.
Quote:
That and maybe dropping/lowering the points needed to do the design once you win. I always thought that was a bit odd, you win a contest where the only prize is getting to do a bunch of work but then have to pay for doing so? That's like if Ryan Seacrest said 'Congratulations on wining American Idol! Your prize is owing us 50 bucks!".
This I'm less in line with. The points serve the purpose of making sure that anyone getting the chance to LD has actually helped out with the project. Lowering the cost to something much more attainable is definitely on the table though.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old April 3rd, 2017, 08:10 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
Quote:
Honestly, it seems like the easy solution here is just to open this up to allow anyone ally or above to enter. You're losing allies from both sides and that's not changing anytime soon. Seems like it would make sense, you're no longer losing privileges for advancing in rank, and the system still should favor allies as the other ranks should have other ways to do designs.
This is along the lines of an idea I want to propose to the other Heroes. I think it might be the way to go.
Quote:
That and maybe dropping/lowering the points needed to do the design once you win. I always thought that was a bit odd, you win a contest where the only prize is getting to do a bunch of work but then have to pay for doing so? That's like if Ryan Seacrest said 'Congratulations on wining American Idol! Your prize is owing us 50 bucks!".
This I'm less in line with. The points serve the purpose of making sure that anyone getting the chance to LD has actually helped out with the project. Lowering the cost to something much more attainable is definitely on the table though.
Maybe something like 5 points per voted design? That's three playtests (2 in the Danger Room).

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 9th, 2017, 10:06 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Just ing to try to make sure we get some idea what we're doing here - if we don't have any other ideas, can I suggest we do something like this this one time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fret_gurglo View Post
I would be interested in running another design. Although I do not have many to choose from I would like to see the Royal Flush Gang completed some day.
Cool - so that looks like two who may be interested if we wait until mid-late May. I'm wondering if it's worth doing something like making a call-out to all Allies, asking who'd be interested in throwing their hat in given this timing/these conditions, giving it until the end of April for people to reply, compiling a list of those who do, giving it a week at the beginning of May for nominations and then giving it the next two weeks after that for voting, and then starting the next design. We may need to take more time/be more flexible this time, if we want things to work.
@cwidje , might that work for you? (She asked, still hoping for Resurrection Man. )

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 9th, 2017, 02:02 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

This is one that may take some time.
I believe we are currently leaving the nominations open until we have more willing participants.

I would like to see something from the CRB in the mix and I have a feeling it will not be long before Lobs is eligible.

What do we have for nominations so far?
Old April 9th, 2017, 02:07 PM
Hard as ice

Resurrection Man, assuming @cwidje is up for it by the time this actually comes round. I'm the only one to nominate anything thus far.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 9th, 2017, 02:18 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Well MS said he would give the Jungle Tree a spin so that is cool.

Soundwarps's King Pin makes three and maybe if we can get Dysole in, we have four, plenty!
Old April 9th, 2017, 02:58 PM
Hard as ice

@fret_gurglo also said he was up for it, so if anyone wants to nominate any of his...

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 9th, 2017, 03:59 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

I'll nominate Gutudak for Blink's old Hela design that he and I revisited with some adjustments. I asked him if he's up for designing it, and he said he would be. He's currently about a point or 2 shy(his point thread isn't updated), but that can easily be accounted for by the time this all rolls through. With Thor Ragnarok featuring Hela coming up at the end of the year, I figured it'd be a good time to throw this into the mix.

Here's the design:

Quote:
NAME = HELA

SPECIES = ASGARDIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = RULER
PERSONALITY = CONNIVING

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 8

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 7

POINTS = ~450

HAND OF GLORY SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 5.
Each blank rolled counts as 2 additional skulls. Hand of Glory Special Attack can only be used once per round.

MYSTICAL REDIRECT 13
If Hela is attacked by an opponent's non-adjacent figure, choose either the attacking figure or a figure within 6 clear sight spaces of Hela and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, ignore that attack and the chosen figure receives a wound.

GODDESS OF DEATH
At the end of the round, you may either choose any Unique Heroes adjacent to Hela, or any previously destroyed Unique Asgardian Heroes. Roll the 20-sided die one at a time for each chosen figure. If you roll 20 or higher and the chosen figure is adjacent to Hela, destroy that figure. If you roll 20 or higher and the chosen figure is a previously destroyed Unique Asgardian Hero, take permanent control of the chosen figure's Army Card, remove all wound markers from the chosen figure's card, and place that figure on an empty space adjacent to Hela.

SUPER STRENGTH
Old April 9th, 2017, 05:57 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
I'll nominate Gutudak for Blink's old Hela design that he and I revisited with some adjustments. I asked him if he's up for designing it, and he said he would be. He's currently about a point or 2 shy(his point thread isn't updated), but that can easily be accounted for by the time this all rolls through. With Thor Ragnarok featuring Hela coming up at the end of the year, I figured it'd be a good time to throw this into the mix.

Here's the design:

Quote:
NAME = HELA

SPECIES = ASGARDIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = RULER
PERSONALITY = CONNIVING

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 8

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 7

POINTS = ~450

HAND OF GLORY SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 5.
Each blank rolled counts as 2 additional skulls. Hand of Glory Special Attack can only be used once per round.

MYSTICAL REDIRECT 13
If Hela is attacked by an opponent's non-adjacent figure, choose either the attacking figure or a figure within 6 clear sight spaces of Hela and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, ignore that attack and the chosen figure receives a wound.

GODDESS OF DEATH
At the end of the round, you may either choose any Unique Heroes adjacent to Hela, or any previously destroyed Unique Asgardian Heroes. Roll the 20-sided die one at a time for each chosen figure. If you roll 20 or higher and the chosen figure is adjacent to Hela, destroy that figure. If you roll 20 or higher and the chosen figure is a previously destroyed Unique Asgardian Hero, take permanent control of the chosen figure's Army Card, remove all wound markers from the chosen figure's card, and place that figure on an empty space adjacent to Hela.

SUPER STRENGTH
Looks cool - that's one of the designs I was looking at, and would have considered nominating if @Blink had come back saying she was up for it. Just checking, you have run this by her?
One thing I will say about the design is that I'm not sure I like Goddess of Death being restricted to Asgardians for bringing them back. It confines her pretty heavily to counter-draft status for her price (or an Asgardian heavy army, which is also limiting due to her price and the price of most Asgardians), and it doesn't even have the benefit of confining it to lower-level figures, on account of, you know, Thor. If there is a reason for it to only be Asgardians, I'd like there to be more chance of getting it to work and less necessity of having her in a game that's piled with Asgardians in order to get arguably the coolest part of her card working. Other than that, I think it looks interesting.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy