Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old November 12th, 2015, 09:41 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: Public Design Post

I've been meaning to drop a couple links in here lately, but I've been forgetting. Anyway, at long last, here are a couple blogs that I think are good resources for C3G Designers. They both post snippets of comics that make for handy reference material.
  1. Panels of Interest - Like the title says, this blog collects a lot of notable comic moments. First appearances, people joining teams, and (perhaps most importantly) notable super-fights. And it updates frequently! As for downsides, it's very Marvel-focused, so it's not quite so useful for DC characters. Searching for "Avengers" yields 1935 results. Searching for "Justice League" only gets you 24. There's also no explanation of a scene's context, unfortunately.
  2. Arousing Grammar - This site is a little more fun. Unfortunately, it doesn't update any more, but it's still got a lot of content. Every post is a full-fledged article talking about a specific story or an aspect of a character. If you check out the upper-right corner of the home page, there's a link to a list of articles sorted by character.

I know C3G's got some designers that go off of wiki material. I figure these could be extra handy for them, but I find that even having read a lot of comics, these sites can be useful for brainstorming.
Old November 12th, 2015, 09:43 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Thanks for sharing! I'll try to incorporate these into my brainstorming in the future.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 13th, 2015, 04:40 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Seeing as it's Friday the 13th, I decided to revive my Jason design, and touch it up a bit.

Jason Voorhees

SPECIES = Undead
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Killer
PERSONALITY = Vengeful
SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 6
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = ~190

"KI KI KI, MA MA MA"
Before revealing an Order Marker on this card, if Jason is not within clear sight of any enemy figure, you may place Jason on any empty space on the battlefield that is not within clear sight of any enemy figure.

UNDEAD RESILIENCE
If Jason Voorhees receives two or more wounds from a single attack but is not destroyed, you may immediately remove up to two of those wounds.

FRIDAY THE 13TH
At the end of the round, if Jason is destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, immediately place Jason on any empty space on the battlefield that is not adjacent to an opponent's figure, and remove all Wound Markers from this card.
Old November 13th, 2015, 08:28 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

In general, big fan of that design (and Jason on principle - did we ever vote on Freddy and Jason?). Hits all the right notes.

Personally, I would prefer the first power to echo Drax's or the Walking Dead's - slow, lurching, inevitable movement. It feels more slasher to me, and his revival power helps capture the "sudden reappearance from nowhere" theme.
Old November 13th, 2015, 08:29 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like him but I worry about his survivability with Undead Resilience and Friday the 13th. Lowering his life to 4 might help.

A Chainsaw Special Attack would be cool but I don't have any mechanics for one and I don't want to lose any of the three powers you have, so I'm not really suggesting it.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 13th, 2015, 11:57 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I like him but I worry about his survivability with Undead Resilience and Friday the 13th.
Yeah, that's my worry. That's a figure that is very annoying to fight. Making him an Event Hero would also help, because it takes out a lot of synergy and stat boosts.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old November 13th, 2015, 02:47 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Quote:
I like him but I worry about his survivability with Undead Resilience and Friday the 13th. Lowering his life to 4 might help.

A Chainsaw Special Attack would be cool but I don't have any mechanics for one and I don't want to lose any of the three powers you have, so I'm not really suggesting it.
Annoying to fight was a concern, so I'm sure something can be altered to fix that. Lowering life, changing Undead Resilience to something similar but with a drawback...something like that should help.

Jason never used a chainsaw. He mainly uses a machete, and has used around 50 other objects or means of killing, but never a chainsaw. As much as they portray him with one in the media, that's a Leatherface trademark. Lol

I considered a walking dead mechanic, or a Drax like mechanic instead of his somewhat teleporting ac the has now. I'm not against that approach.
Old November 13th, 2015, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressive Sock View Post
Quote:

Annoying to fight was a concern, so I'm sure something can be altered to fix that. Lowering life, changing Undead Resilience to something similar but with a drawback...something like that should help.

Jason never used a chainsaw. He mainly uses a machete, and has used around 50 other objects or means of killing, but never a chainsaw. As much as they portray him with one in the media, that's a Leatherface trademark. Lol

I considered a walking dead mechanic, or a Drax like mechanic instead of his somewhat teleporting ac the has now. I'm not against that approach.
Heh, my bad. I've never actually seen the movies, so that's just a misconception on my part.

I really love this design and the idea of having him in Scape.

There was a Freddy design floating around too, right?

Old November 13th, 2015, 05:36 PM

Alright, here's those suggestions/concerns addressed:

Jason Voorhees

SPECIES = Undead
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Killer
PERSONALITY = Vengeful
SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 2
POINTS = ~200

"KI KI KI, MA MA MA"
After an opponent reveals a numbered Order Marker on an Army Card that opponent controls, you may immediately move Jason up to 3 spaces. Before taking a turn with Jason, if he is unengaged, you may choose a figure on the battlefield. If the chosen figure does not have clear line of sight to Jason, or if Jason currently occupies a Shadow space, add 1 automatic skull to his normal attack against the chosen figure this turn.

UNDEAD RESILIENCE
If Jason receives two or more wounds from a single attack but is not destroyed, you may immediately remove up to two of those wounds.

FRIDAY THE 13TH
At the end of the round, if Jason is destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, immediately place Jason on any empty space on the battlefield that is not adjacent to an opponent's figure, and remove all Wound Markers from this card.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

An alternate option, would be somewhat of a more radical approach. We could play up the fact that Jason, at least in his zombified phase post Part IV, rarely ever tried to defend himself. He just relentlessly pursued, stalked, and attacked. He didn't really block, dodge, or anything of that sort, he would take the beating, and then dish out his own. So my idea for a more radical approach for him, would be to lower his defense to 0, lower his Move to 4, and then replace Undead Resilience with something like:

RELENTLESS KILLER
After an opponent reveals a numbered Order Marker on an Army Card that opponent controls, or attacks Jason, you may immediately move Jason up to 2 spaces. Anytime Jason would receive any wounds, or be destroyed, you may instead place one Wound Marker on this card.

With his life 5, he is essentially eating 5 successful attacks, and he'll die. While one may think "that doesn't sound like much fun knowing you can't defend yourself", IMO, the fun is knowing he will be able to take that beating, keep moving forward, and keep attacking. Then he'll ultimately return even when he is stopped.

Just an alternative approach I wouldn't mind taking. Otherwise, I'm cool with the original approach.
Old November 13th, 2015, 05:42 PM

I like the slow, relentless movement aspect of it, but not the wounding aspect. The moving aspect should be part of Ki Ki Ki Ma Ma Ma if anything, IMO.

I wouldn't mind seeing his life go to 6 again if you wanted to lower his defense to 0. That might be a fun combo, especially with Undead Resilience, which I actually love with him.

Old November 13th, 2015, 06:04 PM

Quote:
I like the slow, relentless movement aspect of it, but not the wounding aspect. The moving aspect should be part of Ki Ki Ki Ma Ma Ma if anything, IMO.

I wouldn't mind seeing his life go to 6 again if you wanted to lower his defense to 0. That might be a fun combo, especially with Undead Resilience, which I actually love with him.
That's not a bad idea. I like the idea of doing something different with him. He's a unique type of case where he's not focused on defense at all, always takes a heck of a beating, still gets back up and keeps moving, and when you think he's dead, he pops back up. So the best we capture that, the better we capture the character.

Jason Voorhees

SPECIES = Undead
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Killer
PERSONALITY = Vengeful
SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 6
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 0
POINTS = ~180

"KI KI KI, MA MA MA"
After an opponent reveals a numbered Order Marker on an Army Card that opponent controls, or attacks Jason, you may immediately move Jason up to 2 spaces. Before taking a turn with Jason, if he is unengaged, you may choose a figure on the battlefield. If the chosen figure does not have clear line of sight to Jason, or if Jason currently occupies a Shadow space, add 1 automatic skull to his normal attack against the chosen figure this turn.

UNDEAD RESILIENCE
If Jason receives two or more wounds from a single attack but is not destroyed, you may immediately remove up to two of those wounds.

FRIDAY THE 13TH
Old November 13th, 2015, 06:10 PM

I think that's really cool. I'm hoping you have a chance to LD it sooner than later.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy