Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 28th, 2008, 02:13 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg
I am also the kind of freak that likes to keep the original boxes. ... (And, yes, I have boxes of empty boxes in the garage--a freak, I know....)
Hey, I'm not the only one! I have a stack of empty RotV boxes in my storage room that I can't make myself get rid of, and I have packed pretty much my entire collection into RotV boxes. Like you, I have one for Grass, one for Rock & Sand, etc. -- but everything else is in other RotV boxes as well, for easy stacking and efficient storage. (Although I also couldn't make myself throw out the empy Raknar's/TT/VW/etc. boxes either)

For my oversized figures, I made a double-height box by cleartaping two RotVs together, then cut out a portion of the floor/ceiling between them on one end. After that, I fashioned a special "drawer" (the inner box) that's double-height on one end, with a smaller "upper drawer" to fill in the space on the other. Hard to explain, but I have an L-shaped drawer that holds all of my don't-you-dare-remove-those-wings figures on one end, with two stories of riff-raff figures on the other end. Kind of like one of those two-story ranch houses where the living room has a vaulted ceiling with no living space above it. I should post some pictures.
EDIT: Here are the pictures.
Anyway, I like this because it keeps all my terrain immobilized for safety, and I can easily add more boxes (from my stash) as the collection grows, so I'm not constantly spending money on more containers. So far I've been making custom cardboard dividers inside the drawers for the figures, but I think I am going to convert to a ziplock organization system. Much more flexible and efficient, and makes it easier to hand out the squads as they're drafted. And, again, it's cheap.

Now I'm looking for a cheap, aesthetically pleasing, and updatable way to label the outsides of the boxes. I'm thinking about those stick-on plastic pockets that I can slide printed cards into. Because it's really really important to get these kinds of details just exactly right.
EDIT: I did convert to ziplocks, and made my own repositionable labels. It's all shown here.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list

Last edited by Just_a_Bill; June 2nd, 2008 at 11:11 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion