Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old April 22nd, 2017, 04:23 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: Public Design Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by L0B5T3R View Post
Don't get me wrong, I can tell he will contribute when he sees action. The problem is there isn't really a mechanic that catches my more shallow gaming buddies' attentions. We tend to look for fun factor, I'd rather take Mysterio and his Holographs because of their fun factor. Just my
Those guys are one of my favorites. I love Mysterio and his Holographs. It was actually the inspiration for the figure I'm running initials for right now....
Eh... I've never been a massive fan of them. I want to like them, but he's always felt underwhelming and like he was missing something whenever I've played him. Of course, there was talk of the potential for other types of Holographs in while they were being designed, looking at their threads, so that has my wheels turning....

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 22nd, 2017, 08:40 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

Get ready to join the world's strangest superheroes in their Greatest Adventure! Prepare to meet the most bizarre group of misfits you've ever laid your eyes upon! Ladies and gentlemen, introducing, the Doom Patrol!

Quote:

NAME = CHIEF
SECRET IDENTITY = NILES CAULDER

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = LEADER/SCIENTIST
PERSONALITY = BRILLIANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = ???

DOOM PATROL REMOTE COMMAND
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, instead of taking a turn with Chief, you may either move or attack with up to three Unique Misfits Heroes you control.

BRILLIANT EVASION
If Chief is attacked and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die to use Brilliant Invasion. If you roll 1–10, roll defense dice normally. If you roll 11 or higher, Chief takes no damage and may immediately move up to 2 spaces. Chief will not take any leaving engagement attacks from the attacking figure.

DOOMSDAY MACHINE
After rolling initiative, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card. If there is a revealed "X" Order Marker on this card when you reveal your Order Marker 3, after taking your turn, you may roll the 20-sided die for each figure on the battlefield. If you roll 1-10, the figure is destroyed. If you roll 11 or higher, the figure is safe. Doomsday Machine may only be used once per game.
Quote:

NAME = ELASTI-GIRL
SECRET IDENTITY = RITA FARR

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MISFIT
PERSONALITY = ???

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

MISFIT ADOPTION
At the start of the game, you may choose one Unique Hero's Army Card you control. For this game the All figures with the chosen Unique Hero's Secret Identity have the class of is Misfit, regardless of what is listed on the card.

PROTOPLASM TRANSFORMATION
After revealing a numbered Order Marker on the card of a figure you control, you may choose if Elasti-Girl is considered Tiny, Medium, or Huge.
-While Elasti-Girl is Tiny, she adds two to her Attack and Defense numbers and she cannot use her Gigantic Reach special power.

-While Elasti-Girl is Medium, she adds one to her Move, Attack, and Defense numbers and she cannot use her Gigantic Reach, and Tiny Stealth special powers.

-While Elasti-Girl is Huge, she adds two to her Move and Attack numbers and she cannot use her Tiny Stealth special power.

GIGANTIC REACH
Elasti-Girl may add 1 to her range when attacking a figure whose base is no more than 6 levels higher than her height or 6 levels lower than her base.

TINY STEALTH
Elasti-Girl cannot be targeted by non-adjacent figures and only takes leaving engagement attacks from Tiny figures.
Yeah, I went with Young Animal art. It looks great, he's got a Ramones lyric on his shirt, he looks cool, what was I supposed to do?

Quote:

NAME = ROBOTMAN
SECRET IDENTITY = CLIFF STEELE

SPECIES = CYBORG
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MISFIT
PERSONALITY = BOLD

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = ???

DOOM PATROL TACTICIAN
After revealing a numbered Order Marker on a Misfit card you control, you may choose an opponent’s figure within 6 clear sight spaces of Robotman. Until the next time you choose a figure for Doom Patrol Tactician, whenever an Order Marker is revealed on the chosen figure's Army Card, you may immediately move Robotman or a Misfit Hero you control within clear sight of Robotman up to 4 spaces.

STEEL SKIN
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack, Robotman always adds one automatic shield to whatever is rolled. Robotman never rolls for molten lava damage or lava field damage.

RECONSTRUCTION
After taking a turn with Robotman, if he is not engaged, you may remove one Wound Marker from this card or from the card of any adjacent Android figure.

SUPER STRENGTH
Quote:

NAME = NEGATIVE MAN
SECRET IDENTITY = LARRY TRAINOR

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MISFIT
PERSONALITY = NEGATIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = ???

NEGATIVE SPIRIT
Instead of attacking normally with Negative Man, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card and place it on any opponent's Army Card. While your "X" Order Marker is on an opponent's Army Card, whenever an Order Marker is revealed on the chosen figure's Army Card, you may immediately roll an unblockable attack die against the chosen figure.

NEGATIVE SPIRIT SEPERATION
While your "X" Order Marker is on an opponent's Army Card, Negative Man cannot move and cannot roll more than one defense die against attacks from opponent's figures.

CONTROLLED EMISSIONS 13
If Radioactive Man ends his turn adjacent to no friendly figures, you may roll the 20-sided die for each figure without the Environmental Suit special power engaged with Radioactive Man, one at a time. If you roll 13 or higher, the figure receives one wound.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old April 22nd, 2017, 09:11 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Okay:

1) Just want to make sure you remember that original Harley is a Misfit.
2) You have some text errors (calling Brilliant Evasion Brilliant Invasion in the power text, Negative Man being called Radioactive Man in Controlled Emissions)
3) No idea what to make of Doomsday Machine, but it feels like it may make the game a tad too luck based whenever he's involved. How the rolls go for that will probably determine the game over anything else.
4) Doom Patrol Remote Command is an interesting command power.
5) Negative Spirit, I can tell you right now, is ludicrously OP in certain match-ups. Place Negative Man at the back of your start zone, place Order Marker 1 of Round 1 on him, place the X on Professor X, Professor X is now doomed to die, unless I'm misunderstanding something. Also, if there are any powers based around revealed OMs/revealed X OMs on a figure's card, he could activate them - for example, he could force an opponent's Chief to trigger his Doomsday Weapon, and placing his X on Captain America will trigger Avengers Assemble even if Cap is unactivated.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 22nd, 2017, 11:42 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Okay:

1) Just want to make sure you remember that original Harley is a Misfit.
I'm well aware of that. I've actually got a few more Doom Patrol members up my sleeve, and Harley may have synergy with a certain woman amongst​ them.

Quote:
2) You have some text errors (calling Brilliant Evasion Brilliant Invasion in the power text, Negative Man being called Radioactive Man in Controlled Emissions)
That's my bad. I should have been more careful with that.

Quote:
3) No idea what to make of Doomsday Machine, but it feels like it may make the game a tad too luck based whenever he's involved. How the rolls go for that will probably determine the game over anything else.
In hindsight, it's actually a ridiculously swing power with such a huge level of influence. I kind of ignored that one for a while in favor of figuring out his other powers. Serves me right for not giving him another look before I posted.

Quote:
4) Doom Patrol Remote Command is an interesting command power.
Thanks!

Quote:
5) Negative Spirit, I can tell you right now, is ludicrously OP in certain match-ups. Place Negative Man at the back of your start zone, place Order Marker 1 of Round 1 on him, place the X on Professor X, Professor X is now doomed to die, unless I'm misunderstanding something. Also, if there are any powers based around revealed OMs/revealed X OMs on a figure's card, he could activate them - for example, he could force an opponent's Chief to trigger his Doomsday Weapon, and placing his X on Captain America will trigger Avengers Assemble even if Cap is unactivated.
Imma fix that. I actually had a line of text in there to stop that, but I must have accidentally cut it out when editing this to post.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old April 23rd, 2017, 12:05 AM
Never Forgets

How's this? Better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
Quote:

NAME = CHIEF
SECRET IDENTITY = NILES CAULDER

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = LEADER/SCIENTIST
PERSONALITY = BRILLIANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = ???

DOOM PATROL REMOTE COMMAND
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, instead of taking a turn with Chief, you may either move or attack with up to three Unique Misfits Heroes you control.

BRILLIANT EVASION
If Chief is attacked and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die to use Brilliant Evasion. If you roll 1–10, roll defense dice normally. If you roll 11 or higher, Chief takes no damage and may immediately move up to 2 spaces. Chief will not take any leaving engagement attacks from the attacking figure.

DOOMSDAY MACHINE
After rolling initiative, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card. If there is a revealed "X" Order Marker on this card when you reveal your Order Marker 3, after taking your turn, you may roll the 20-sided die for each figure on the battlefield. If you roll 1-10, the figure receives a Wound. If you roll 11 or higher, the figure is safe. Doomsday Machine may only be used once per game.
Quote:

NAME = ELASTI-GIRL
SECRET IDENTITY = RITA FARR

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MISFIT
PERSONALITY = ???

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

MISFIT ADOPTION
At the start of the game, you may choose one Unique Hero's Army Card you control. For this game the All figures with the chosen Unique Hero's Secret Identity have the class of is Misfit, regardless of what is listed on the card.

PROTOPLASM TRANSFORMATION
After revealing a numbered Order Marker on the card of a figure you control, you may choose if Elasti-Girl is considered Tiny, Medium, or Huge.
-While Elasti-Girl is Tiny, she adds two to her Attack and Defense numbers and she cannot use her Gigantic Reach special power.

-While Elasti-Girl is Medium, she adds one to her Move, Attack, and Defense numbers and she cannot use her Gigantic Reach, and Tiny Stealth special powers.

-While Elasti-Girl is Huge, she adds two to her Move and Attack numbers and she cannot use her Tiny Stealth special power.

GIGANTIC REACH
Elasti-Girl may add 1 to her range when attacking a figure whose base is no more than 6 levels higher than her height or 6 levels lower than her base.

TINY STEALTH
Elasti-Girl cannot be targeted by non-adjacent figures and only takes leaving engagement attacks from Tiny figures.
Yeah, I went with Young Animal art. It looks great, he's got a Ramones lyric on his shirt, he looks cool, what was I supposed to do?

Quote:

NAME = ROBOTMAN
SECRET IDENTITY = CLIFF STEELE

SPECIES = CYBORG
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MISFIT
PERSONALITY = BOLD

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = ???

DOOM PATROL TACTICIAN
After revealing a numbered Order Marker on a Misfit card you control, you may choose an opponent’s figure within 6 clear sight spaces of Robotman. Until the next time you choose a figure for Doom Patrol Tactician, whenever an Order Marker is revealed on the chosen figure's Army Card, you may immediately move Robotman or a Misfit Hero you control within clear sight of Robotman up to 4 spaces.

STEEL SKIN
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack, Robotman always adds one automatic shield to whatever is rolled. Robotman never rolls for molten lava damage or lava field damage.

RECONSTRUCTION
After taking a turn with Robotman, if he is not engaged, you may remove one Wound Marker from this card or from the card of any adjacent Android figure.

SUPER STRENGTH
Quote:

NAME = NEGATIVE MAN
SECRET IDENTITY = LARRY TRAINOR

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MISFIT
PERSONALITY = NEGATIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = ???

NEGATIVE SPIRIT
Instead of attacking normally with Negative Man, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card and choose an opponent's figure within 6 spaces of Negative Man. If you do, place your "X" Order Marker on the chosen figure's Army Card. While your "X" Order Marker is on an opponent's Army Card, whenever an Order Marker is revealed on the chosen figure's Army Card, you may immediately roll an unblockable attack die against the chosen figure.

NEGATIVE SPIRIT SEPERATION
While your "X" Order Marker is on an opponent's Army Card, Negative Man cannot move and cannot roll more than one defense die against attacks from opponent's figures.

CONTROLLED EMISSIONS 13
If Radioactive Man ends his turn adjacent to no friendly figures, you may roll the 20-sided die for each figure without the Environmental Suit special power engaged with Negative Man, one at a time. If you roll 13 or higher, the figure receives one wound.

Old April 23rd, 2017, 07:49 AM
Hard as ice

Looking cool to me - you could probably beef up the Doomsday Machine a little if you wanted (it is still a Doomsday Machine - 2 wounds could be too far, but I'd say it was worth testing), but the changes to that and Negative Spirit certainly make them look a lot more playable. Looks like a cool faction - good job!

One question about DPRC - it isn't clear when it says you either move or attack with them whether you have to pick between moving all of them or attacking with all of them or whether you can mix and match various ones moving or attacking. Also, can you use instead of moving or instead of attacking powers off it, such as Negative Spirit?

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 23rd, 2017, 10:52 AM
Never Forgets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Looking cool to me - you could probably beef up the Doomsday Machine a little if you wanted (it is still a Doomsday Machine - 2 wounds could be too far, but I'd say it was worth testing), but the changes to that and Negative Spirit certainly make them look a lot more playable. Looks like a cool faction - good job!

One question about DPRC - it isn't clear when it says you either move or attack with them whether you have to pick between moving all of them or attacking with all of them or whether you can mix and match various ones moving or attacking. Also, can you use instead of moving or instead of attacking powers off it, such as Negative Spirit?
My intent was you either move all of them or attack with all of them; and that you could use those powers that specify instead of moving or instead of attacking.

Old April 23rd, 2017, 01:21 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm not really feeling Brilliant Evasion or Doomsday Machine. The Chief's not pulling any crazy tricks or dodges to avoid attacks in my experience. Not any more than Oracle or Xavier. With Doomsday Machine (which is much better with the new version) I assume you're basing that off the end of Morrison's run? It just doesn't seem iconic to me. He's not tied into doomsday machines any more than most supervillains. I'd focus on recruitment and leading the Doom Patrol for him.

Elasti-Girl I don't really know, but I doubt all that text will fit on a card. Gonna need some cuts there, and I'd start with Misfit Adoption.

Yes, Robotman is the de-facto leader of the team most times, but it's not because he's a tactical genius of any sort. For any leadership power, I'd go for a light touch, or borrow from Frankenstein/Captain Britain. That would capture his leadership style much better. Steel Skin is a good fit, but Reconstruction is meh, if you ask me. I don't see him healing other Androids or even healing himself in battle. I'd go much bigger there and either borrow from Iron Man Mark III where he can dodge being destroyed once, or allow him to slowly heal after being destroyed and let him come back.

I like what you're trying to do with Negative Spirit, but it's gonna need major work. Right now you can only use it once and it's stuck on that card? Needs some wording to allow you to pull it off or clarify that it comes off at the end of the round. I would also allow him to do more with the Negative Spirit, and I'd suggest dropping Controlled Emissions to make space for another power. That one's not a great fit anyway.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old April 23rd, 2017, 07:08 PM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

A couple weeks back, we had a conversation about what to do with lost designs. It was stated that we should post them in this thread and see if there is some interest in them. I thought I would post one that I really like. I'm particularly interested in the Gang Buster special ability. Although I could see it being more in-line with JJJ's Smear Campaign, and choosing just 1 criminal. This was one of Skeeter700's designs, he sadly hasn't been active in over 2 years. Whatcha guys think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter700 View Post

DICK TRACY

Human
Unique Hero
Lawman
Dedicated

Size: Medium 5

Life: 4
Move: 5
Range: 1
Attack: 3
Defense: 3

GANG BUSTER
A Criminal or Crime Lord that begins its turn within 6 clear sight spaces of Dick Tracy has the class of Suspect instead of what is listed on their card. Add one die to Dick Tracy's Normal Attack when he is attacking a figure with the class of Suspect.

MACHINE GUN SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 3.
If Dick Tracy's Machine Gun Special Attack inflicts a wound, he may attack again with his Machine Gun Special Attack. Dick Tracy may continue attacking with his Machine Gun Special Attack until he does not inflict a wound. He may not attack the same figure more than once.

TWO-WAY RADIO WATCH
After revealing an Order Marker on this Army Card and instead of attacking, you may move up to 3 Lawmen figures you control up to 4 spaces each.
Old April 23rd, 2017, 07:22 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0B5T3R View Post
A couple weeks back, we had a conversation about what to do with lost designs. It was stated that we should post them in this thread and see if there is some interest in them. I thought I would post one that I really like. I'm particularly interested in the Gang Buster special ability. Although I could see it being more in-line with JJJ's Smear Campaign, and choosing just 1 criminal. This was one of Skeeter700's designs, he sadly hasn't been active in over 2 years. Whatcha guys think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter700 View Post

DICK TRACY

Human
Unique Hero
Lawman
Dedicated

Size: Medium 5

Life: 4
Move: 5
Range: 1
Attack: 3
Defense: 3

GANG BUSTER
A Criminal or Crime Lord that begins its turn within 6 clear sight spaces of Dick Tracy has the class of Suspect instead of what is listed on their card. Add one die to Dick Tracy's Normal Attack when he is attacking a figure with the class of Suspect.

MACHINE GUN SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 3.
If Dick Tracy's Machine Gun Special Attack inflicts a wound, he may attack again with his Machine Gun Special Attack. Dick Tracy may continue attacking with his Machine Gun Special Attack until he does not inflict a wound. He may not attack the same figure more than once.

TWO-WAY RADIO WATCH
After revealing an Order Marker on this Army Card and instead of attacking, you may move up to 3 Lawmen figures you control up to 4 spaces each.
Yeah I like the way Gang Busters breaks up some synergies...Do you have any modifications or changes you'd like to see or is it set in your mind?

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 23rd, 2017, 07:25 PM
C3G Campaign Manager

Skeeter700 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skeeter700 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skeeter700 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skeeter700 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skeeter700 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skeeter700 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks for remembering Dick Tracy!

I'm glad to see there is some interest in it. I look forward to following the development of this concept if the group chooses to go forward with it.
Old April 23rd, 2017, 07:28 PM
Hard as ice

L0B5T3R, you necromancer - you got Skeeter out of hiding!

Fun looking little design - not much to say, not one that massively piques my interest, but a fun little one, none the less.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy