Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old August 10th, 2018, 09:38 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Smurf along with me: la la la-la la la!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
In many (most) cases a vertical right margin on the text would probably be fine and automation could get you there. However, in some cases, like that Amazo card, flowing the text around the mini is saving you a couple lines, and therefore makes a significant difference in the size of the text.
Dr. Doom would be another long one. Of the 750 plus cards there really probably only a handful that would need that so it's a win if we can do 740 of them automation style.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 10th, 2018, 10:34 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Hi all! Yes, I desperately want to get back to this project. I've got some corresponding to do with a (very patient) site friend and then will return to this with fresh eyes and with consideration all of your (very generous) continued feedback with your fresh eyes. I appreciate it everyone.

To answer one question, yes the blank templates will be available. Our creation has too many good characteristics to not have as wide of availability as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Dr. Doom would be another long one.
Indeed. I did many minor variants of Dr. Doom back in this post: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...&postcount=129

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old August 10th, 2018, 11:42 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
FYI...you know what the best part of this is...having no multi colored frames and backgrounds means that most of the card creating can be automated in Illustrator. I create cards for a baseball game using a spread sheet and Illustrators Variable import script. Once the figure images are made and named in a folder and a template is created, you can run the script and it will auto populate the fields for all the records you have in your sheet.

The only thing you'd need to do is go in to the individual cards and change the power titles. Unless you were fine keeping them the same size and weight as the power text.
Why not have a column for each power title or something? Couldn't it do the formatting per power? If not, is that a limitation of Excel, the script, or illustrator?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 3rd, 2018, 09:18 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

@Super Smurfy
How's this going. Are their templates for Magic Set Editor (MSE), Photoshop (PSD), or GIMP (XCF), or Scalable Vector Image (SVG)?
Old December 3rd, 2018, 12:01 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I'm curious if @Xorlof would be willing to upload the files representing his work so far, so that another skilled photoshop user could get this over the line.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old February 5th, 2020, 10:02 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
@Super Smurfy
How's this going. Are their templates for Magic Set Editor (MSE), Photoshop (PSD), or GIMP (XCF), or Scalable Vector Image (SVG)?
Old February 5th, 2020, 10:41 AM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

What a keen eye you have there, lefton4ya. Yes, I've been around again, reading, not posting. It's getting close to where I can get back to my projects; the kept-getting-extended-couple-year-long work issue has resolved and I'm getting ducks back in a row now.

To answer the question directly, there will be a web system you can use that will handle most of the process of making the cards, but there will also be SVGs you can download and play around with. Given those, it should be easy for someone to port it to MSE.

One other quick note. The "range" icon is the one that gave us the most trouble in the past. This break has given me what might be the obvious solution--just show some hexes as the icon to indicate range, or some sort otherwise hexagonal-themed icon. Not this, but here's a random web search image just to clarify:

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old February 5th, 2020, 11:11 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

It would be great to see this one get across the finish line.

I had come around to not hating the crosshairs too much, but a mock-up with a hex space icon is worth looking at. I'm not sure which is more intuitive. And I like the heart for life (over the blood splatter).

Just a reminder as to where I was on the current design:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Relative to that version, the only changes I'd suggest are moving the health symbol/number to the bottom left (sliding the MRAD symbols over to make space) and moving the point value to the top right, without the "P", but possibly with SF's suggested coin piles.
Old February 16th, 2020, 09:51 AM

owilde is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

These look great, I hope the project gets finished!
Old March 13th, 2020, 10:22 AM
Super Smurfy

OK, I'm officially back at this project. (Yay!) Here some notes on getting this moved along to the next steps and opportunities for YOU to be able to help.

1) Next week, I will post a few additional sample cards with ideas I've had over the time this has been on hiatus. I'll do some straw polls for input and come up with a final template in the first (web-friendly) format. The week of April 13 is the goal to have that done.

2) The first format for the template will be able to (mostly) automatically fill in all of the card text and symbols if given an appropriate spreadsheet/database with that information. Volunteer opportunity: Can we get someone to create and populate this database? Something like @DanieLoche 's neat spreadsheet (link) would be pretty ideal with special power names separated from their text and in title case. @GaryLASQ 's site (link) is also a possible source for data, but migrating it to a Google Sheet would make it more helpful. Also, we will eventually need VC data in the same format. (I seem to recall that @Just_a_Bill had created a spreadsheet, and I know he is a stickler for accuracy, but I'm unsure where to find it.) I'm guessing C3G might not be a thing in this format now that we have @japes excellent cards closing in on a release. I'm certainly would love to see 'em, but since our resources are pretty thin, it makes sense to concentrate on the others for now.

3) Another related volunteer opportunity: we need people to proofread the data in the spreadsheet, comparing it with cards, to verify its accuracy.

4) Starting with Hasbro/WotC unites, I will upload a bunch of miniature images, probably next week, but maybe the following one. I have already taken the image but just need to find them. Volunteer opportunity: It will GREATLY speed up this project if I can get extra help to (digitally) cut the miniature part of the image out from their white background and their bases (i.e., make the background and bases transparent in the images).

5) Volunteer opportunity after a given image has been isolated from its background, it would be great if someone could create the red/gray hitzone variation of that image with the green eyespot.

6) (In between other tasks I can also make an MSE template for these card formats and assist others with making templates in other formats. If no one else does, I will probably eventually make a template using one of the Adobe products, but that's super low priority for me.)

If nobody steps up to do #2, I can get to it pretty quickly (but don't let that dissuade anyone from stepping up and doing it instead of me ). It is 3, 4 and 5 where the amount of help I have will be very proportional to how quickly this can be done. There are also some other image manipulation tasks I wouldn't mind having help with if there end up being a lot of volunteers, but no need to enumerate them now.

After we've got all of that source stuff, we assemble it all together of course and proofread, proofread, proofread and then release final cards as pdfs/pngs/native-web. All of the results of this project (source files, templates, images, databases, etc.) will be kept online publicly to assist any other projects that could use them.

It feels good to be back!

Old March 13th, 2020, 10:28 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Welcome back, Xor!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 13th, 2020, 10:29 AM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

Just read through the OP, real cool designs! I'd be down to help with steps 4 and 5 if you need it. Used to make cards for my own customs

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations