Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old January 25th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
Esteemed judges, I would like to re-nominate Son of Arathorn's Lord Eschain with a corrected card.

If this is not allowed, please excuse me, I am simply acting on SoA's orders. I'll admit it probably has too much text, but again, this isn't my custom.

SoA, is this what you want?
A) Yes, that's what I was going for.
B) Orders!?! Since when do I give you orders? You do me a great service that I heartily appreciate. If that's the way you want it, I could go for a coffee...
Old January 25th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I like the mini choice, I like the target point value, I like the right hand box, I like the theme. It all fits together nicely.

Something has to be done with those powers. They are a hot mess. Son of Arathorn, I humbly suggest you take this off to a different thread (do you have your own custom thread?) and workshop it some there to clean it up.

awesomeunleashed, no need to apologize. Nobody did anything wrong.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 25th, 2012, 01:55 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
"Outrimmers" makes no sense to me whatsoever.
I didn't want to give them the same race, because the figures are obviously not the same thing. However a broad description like Aliens doesn't really fit either, because anything not from earth could be an alien. Outrimmer was a category that could mean something like all the aliens on the outer rim of wherever that are so mixed that they can't really be sorted into anything else. Any ideas?

Quote:
I note the inconsistency between the use of "Sixth Sense" in some places and "Sixth Sense 1" in others. I think "Sixth Sense" would be enough.
Noted, and changed. I'll wait a bit to hear what the others have to say before posting a changed card.

Quote:
There does seem to be a fair amount of bookkeeping involved with Sixth Sense, too, in that when your opponent's squaddies begin attacking you still need to be aware of which one started where. I'm not sure how I feel about that.
That's true. However, the Templar Knights have a similar thing going on with their Galloping Charge. They only have to check for 3 figures, but also have to see if they were far enough away (4 spaces, not just non-adjacent). Takers would have to check, I believe, a maximum of 5 times in one turn.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!

Last edited by Tai-Pan; January 25th, 2012 at 02:00 PM.
Old January 25th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
I like the mini choice, I like the target point value, I like the right hand box, I like the theme. It all fits together nicely.

Something has to be done with those powers. They are a hot mess. Son of Arathorn, I humbly suggest you take this off to a different thread (do you have your own custom thread?) and workshop it some there to clean it up.

awesomeunleashed, no need to apologize. Nobody did anything wrong.
I'm really sorry, I thought the powers were fine. Hey, do me a favor and drop by my customs thread, tell me how to fix them. It's on the first page of the customs forum. We'll stop the nomination until the powers are fixed.
Old January 25th, 2012, 02:41 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Quote:
This is a close call for me, because the 'fledgling counterstrike' doesn't really look like a counterstrike at all, it looks more like a Dying Swipe.

I'll have to give it some thought.
I tried a bunch of ways to take Counterstrike and make it less effective, but still be a useful power, and this proved to be the best. I do have one other idea for little greenie if this one doesn't cut the mustard, but I like this idea more.
KC, any thoughts on my concern? It's possible I'm way off base, feel free to disagree with me.

@ Ninja Status ~ Get it uploaded to Photobucket or something, and use that link.
I don't think you're way off base. The power I wrote up has a slightly different functioning mechanic than classic Counterstrike. I'll concede that point.

I chose that version because of the previous concerns of giving a common figure with > 3 defense a version of Counterstrike, even when limited to 1 wound. I felt that, due to the tests and dialogue we had with him last time that a bigger nerf than dropping defense by 1 was necessary. We basically came to the conclusion that a 3/5 GW (or common unit) with Raelin, the old power and against normal adjacent attacks was broken, and if that's the case, I think a 4/4 GW in that same situation is too. I tried 2+ excess shields and just didn't feel like that was useful enough, so I started thinking outside the box to try and find a way to get him to pass.

Like I said, I've got another idea that I'm willing to try if this one doesn't go over well. I just really think Charos needs some kids and want to find a way to get it done.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old January 25th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Wow. A lot to get caught up on.

First, kc, have you considered a power where if the GW rolls shields on ALL dice, he inflicts a wound (and takes no damage?)? (Like a reverse Maul.)

In that case, lower defense wouldn't be as big of an issue (3-4 is right on) and Raelin actually lowers the chance of a Counterstrike.

For now, I agree with my peers and don't feel comfortable about this version of "Counterstrike." I vote NO to review the GW.

Okay, on to the others, now...
Old January 25th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Lord Eschain: Those are some real thick, complicated powers. I encourage you to looking into revisions for them. I'm sorry, but they do not feel finished.

The figure and ideas seem excellent, but I'd like to see Eschain revised. I vote NO to review Lord Eschain.
Old January 25th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Adrian Monk

Spoiler Alert!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post

Comments-

I like the boost these guys give to the lawmen, and Khosumet can always use some love. I think perhaps the defense is 1 too high combined with Sixth Sense, and I'm unsure with the cost. A bonding range squad is pretty powerful, but with short range and a lower attack, I don't know how it works out. I also didn't know whether they would be better as a unique squad or as a common squad. The picture isn't the best, but that's all I could find online.
I like these guys and their concept, but I feel like these are in an early, unrefined state, maybe even unplayed. They seem rough--I'm fairly sure that in the bonding power you capitalize "Lawman," at the least--though tantalizing and potentially really fun.

I'd love to have them resubmitted after they have received some playtesting and revision, as needed.

I vote NO to review the Takers.

Last edited by 1Mmirg; January 25th, 2012 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Wow, three NOs. That's unusual. I hope to see all of these back here again, revised and ready. They look fun--all of them!
Old January 25th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Takers by Tai-Pan have received 3 NO votes to review (1Mmirg, Dad_Scaper, Killometer) and are removed from the process.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old January 25th, 2012, 03:27 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Sorry for holding up the process with Zog.
I have this figure and already have him rebased, but have not designed anything for him and would love to have a design ready made for him so that I wouldn't have to go through the trouble. However...
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Zog by dok.
No to review. Not a big fan of four powers. I think it could be condensed or something dropped.
...I am in agreement with nyys here.

NO to review Zog by dok.
Old January 25th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Zog by dok has received 3 NO votes to review (Killometer, Lamaclown, nyys) and is removed from the process.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old January 25th, 2012, 03:39 PM
has been BANNED

qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
After due consideration, I've decided to re-nominate my Green Wyrmling with a couple of changes:

First off, availability. The figure is the Bronze Wyrmling from D&D Giants and Legends. abprices.com lists 63 currently available at $5 and under (plus shipping). eBay has another 12 for under $5.

Some commentary:
Spoiler Alert!
I have to agree with my fellow judges on Fledging Counterstrike. And because of that vote NO to review. I really want to see this one make it! So, don't give up.

I also agree with the NO to review Lord Eschain and Takers.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs