Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old November 3rd, 2010, 08:23 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Superhero Campaigns

Yes, that's kind of what I meant by strategic option. The option between spending points to do an action, or not spending points to gain something else. It's the "something else" I haven't figured out.
Old November 3rd, 2010, 08:38 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
Yes, that's kind of what I meant by strategic option. The option between spending points to do an action, or not spending points to gain something else. It's the "something else" I haven't figured out.
What about this: at the end of a scenario, you might receive a bonus based on unused action points remaining. Two possibilities:

(1) Bonus action point(s) added.
(2) You could have two denominations of action points. You would have the basic action points, which are used for your basic actions. Then you have a golden action point, which could be used by a category of actions that require a combination of regular and golden. That probably sounds muddled, so let me try an example. This is just brainstorming, so I'm sure the points/example needs tweaking, but it will give you an idea of what I'm talking about. I'm Thing (Fan4), and I end the scenario with 4 unused action points. I might gain a golden action point. In addition to your regular action list, you would have a golden action list. So there may be a golden action (X turn order: cost 1 golden, 5 regular. At the end of the round, if you have an unrevealed X order marker on the card cashing in the actions, you may reveal the X order marker to immediately take a turn with that hero.) So Thing might cash that in at a later game.
Old November 3rd, 2010, 08:45 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl View Post
Quote:
What about this: at the end of a scenario, you might receive a bonus based on unused action points remaining. Two possibilities:

(1) Bonus action point(s) added.
(2) You could have two denominations of action points. You would have the basic action points, which are used for your basic actions. Then you have a golden action point, which could be used by a category of actions that require a combination of regular and golden. That probably sounds muddled, so let me try an example. This is just brainstorming, so I'm sure the points/example needs tweaking, but it will give you an idea of what I'm talking about. I'm Thing (Fan4), and I end the scenario with 4 unused action points. I might gain a golden action point. In addition to your regular action list, you would have a golden action list. So there may be a golden action (X turn order: cost 1 golden, 5 regular. At the end of the round, if you have an unrevealed X order marker on the card cashing in the actions, you may reveal the X order marker to immediately take a turn with that hero.) So Thing might cash that in at a later game.
Perhaps you could use action points to buy a special (golden, as above) Action point, and then the Special (golden)vaction points lead to the "something else" reffered to by Greyowl
Old November 3rd, 2010, 09:37 PM

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Okay....I'm confused. Could you guys please explain that in another way maybe?
Old November 3rd, 2010, 09:45 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Okay....I'm confused. Could you guys please explain that in another way maybe?
Okay, well here's my attempt at an explanation.

You would earn action points as you have already determined, and my suggestion is that you would have the option to buy a special (golden) action points with a certain amount of normal action points.

With the golden action points you could buy something special, which would incorporate both of your ideas together in one.
Old November 3rd, 2010, 09:48 PM

Can you give me an example of what you would buy with a golden action point and how that thing would be different from the type of action you buy with normal action points?
Old November 3rd, 2010, 09:53 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

Quote:
Can you give me an example of what you would buy with a golden action point and how that thing would be different from the type of action you buy with normal action points?
Well, I think the confusing nature of the idea is probably the best indicator that my idea wouldn't work.
Old November 3rd, 2010, 09:55 PM

Not necessarily. The only part I don't get is how the two types of things you buy would be different...
Old November 3rd, 2010, 10:15 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

Quote:
Not necessarily. The only part I don't get is how the two types of things you buy would be different...
No, I think I'm definitely overthinking this one. Perhaps the thing that will encourage a player (such as me!) to save the points is making sure that there will always be more actions that I will want to perform than points available. That forces me to make decisions about what actions are important to me. For example, I may want to save some points, because I know I will want to have enough to blow up a bridge in the future.

I'm not sure if you're familiar with the game Battlelore, but that game uses a really great mechanic called Lore. You get Lore tokens every time you roll a lore symbol on the dice, which is essentially a miss. So if you miss a lot of attacks, you're essentially building lore tokens to use for special spells which would essentially help make up for bad luck. Very interesting mechanic.
Old November 3rd, 2010, 10:15 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Quote:
Well perhaps you could buy a temporary stat increase, or trade in a special power for a different one, e.g. using marvelscape trade doom's controlling power for redskulls, it could be either permanant, or temporary, or both. Natuarally it would be costly, but worth it, and I believe that it would create the desired effect.
Old November 4th, 2010, 04:58 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

I finally had a chance to look through your actions, and you have some really good picks. Brainstorming, I've come up with the following you might like (sorry, I have no idea how to cost these, and you may need to re-write the wording):

GLYPH REMOVAL (X) At the beginning of the game, you may remove one glyph on the map.

MULLIGAN (X): You may re-roll attack dice if no skulls appear or defense dice if no shields appear.

PHANTOM WALK (X): During your movement, you may pass through all figures and obstacles.

DOUBLE DOWN (X): You may roll half the number of attack or defense dice, rounded down, and double the number of skulls and shields that appear. This may not be used if making a Special Attack.

SWIMMING (X): If you begin your turn on a water space, before making a normal move, you may place your figure on any empty water space contiguous to the water space you began the turn. You do not take leaving engagement attacks during this placement.

BOGGED TERRAIN (X): Pay at the beginning of the round before placing Order Markers. All terrain, except for elevation changes and heavy snow or slippery ice, count 2 spaces. (Note: useful if you are on defense and you want to slow the attacker. Option: you might only apply to the opponent.)

GRAPPLE (X): Instead of a normal move, you may move up or down 1 space up to 30 elevation (Go ahead and laugh -- I'm typing without being able to reference the correct wording)

PLAN B (X): Before revealing an Order Marker, you may rearrange any or all of your unrevealed Order Markers.

GROUP FORMATION (X): After revealing an order marker and Instead of taking a normal turn, you may move any and all figures.

INTELLIGENCE (X): You may look at any symbol side glyph. The glyph remains symbol side up.

RECRUITER (X): When drafting, you may add 50 points to your draft pool for the next scenario.

Last edited by davidlhsl; November 4th, 2010 at 05:18 PM.
Old November 4th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl View Post
I finally had a chance to look through your actions, and you have some really good picks. Brainstorming, I've come up with the following you might like (sorry, I have no idea how to cost these, and you may need to re-write the wording):

GLYPH REMOVAL (X) At the beginning of the game, you may remove one glyph fromon the map.

MULLIGAN (X): When rolling attack or defense dice against a normal attack, yYou may re-roll any, or all blanks rolled.attack dice if no skulls appear or defense dice if no shields appear.

PHANTOM WALK (X): During your movement, you may pass through all figures and obstacles. When moving doing do to phantom walk, you never takes leaving engagement attacks.

DOUBLE DOWN (X): When rolling attack and defense dice against a normal attack, yYou may roll half the number of attack or defense dice, rounded down,. All skulls, or shields rolled count double.and double the number of skulls and shields that appear. This may not be used if making a Special Attack.

SWIMMING (X): If you begin your turn on a water space, before making a normal move, you may place your figure on any empty water space contiguous to the water space you began the turn. You do not take leaving engagement attacks during this placement.Not sure what to do here, but it does need rewording.

BOGGED TERRAIN (X): Pay Aat the beginning of the round before placing Order Markers, you may activate this action. All terrain, except for elevation changes, and heavy snow, andor slippery ice, count double2 spaces. (Note: useful if you are on defense and you want to slow the attacker. Option: you might only apply to the opponent.)

GRAPPLE (X): Instead of a normal move, you may move up toor down 1 space in any direction up to an elveation change of 30. [s]elevation[/s[ (Go ahead and laugh -- I'm typing without being able to reference the correct wording)

PLAN B (X): Before revealing an Order Marker, you may rearrange any or all of your unrevealed Order Markers.

GROUP FORMATION (X): After revealing an order marker, and Instead of taking a normal turn, you may move any orand all other friendly figures you control.

INTELLIGENCE (X): You may look at any symbol side glyph. The glyph remains symbol side up. This needs rewording, but i'm not sure how to fix it.

RECRUITER (X): When drafting, you may add 50 points to your draft pool for the next scenario.
Love these powers
Suggestions in red.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations