Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios
Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios This is the place to put all of our D&D adventure type scenarios. Come here when you want to browse user submitted adventures.

Notices

Old April 6th, 2010, 01:07 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Re: HS Heroes and DnD Party Roles-building a dungeon army

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
I care. Good job again, Kilo. Keep it up! I'm actually using this list to help build a dungeon based battlefield, where the players choose what figures they want from your list.

MegaSilver
I'm glad it's seeing some use.

And thanks again for sparking the idea to cross-list units, MegaSilver.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old April 12th, 2010, 09:28 PM

Winin Woo who?

I like this idea, thanks for putting the thought into it. I'm new, but I love the scenario idea from HotU. I've been getting some of the D1 heroes for making the party, then using old school figs for the monsters. I just got some gruts today, because what is dungeon crawl without some orcs?

One of the things I like most is how each scenario is like a puzzle: can you complete the goal of the map without losing anyone? Once I figure out a good strategy for all the maps, I'll have to go back and do it again with different heroes from you list and/or different monsters.
Old April 30th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I never have orcs for a dungeon crawl. Maybe it's just the fact that mine are slightly larger scale than most (well, it's hard to make it small scale when you're trying to use 5 master sets' worth of glyphs for treasure...?) and that I have very few orcs.

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old May 1st, 2010, 08:45 PM

Bogusoid is surprisingly tart

I do like your list, Killometer, but I'm having trouble now deciding on what kind of points limit to set for a custom campaign. I figured 400 is a good start - your experience? My intention is to make my maps no bigger than the maps in the MS3 booklet, small and to-the-point. Still, it is a foreign concept and difficult challenge to build small-scale maps for dungeon crawls instead of typical brawls.

I'm the wiener, you're the bun. Come on over, let's have fun!

Confirmed Good Traders: tcglkn, DragonSlayer2
Old May 4th, 2010, 04:17 PM

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogusoid View Post
I do like your list, Killometer, but I'm having trouble now deciding on what kind of points limit to set for a custom campaign. I figured 400 is a good start - your experience? My intention is to make my maps no bigger than the maps in the MS3 booklet, small and to-the-point. Still, it is a foreign concept and difficult challenge to build small-scale maps for dungeon crawls instead of typical brawls.
BftU came with 360 points of "good" heroes, iirc, so if your planning scenarios about the same size that it presented then a point limit of 360-400 seems appropriate. I think that a bigger factor in determining point total than the size of the map is the number/points of enemies that they will be facing-Charos, Jotun and Nilf can fit together on a very small map, but a 400 point party would probably go down pretty fast against those three.

Old May 4th, 2010, 05:21 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: HS Heroes and DnD Party Roles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogusoid View Post
Also, I find the concept of the Defender a devious one seeing as Tandros Kreel is the only figure with a taunt attack. What good is a tank who can't force the enemy to attack him?
Well, this is the partial reason for my gaining experience idea, so that your defenders can have a taunt attack.

Also, Sir denrick makes an excellent defender because of his Coward's reward.

Excellect post, overall!

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old June 3rd, 2010, 07:04 PM

Bogusoid is surprisingly tart

Point balancing seems simple enough, in retrospect. With the new rule of Second Wind, death isn't such a threat and the enemy army can stand to be beefier. Still, it is hard to find a balance where clearing a room with no deaths is doable, but not too easy.

I cannot decide if it should be allowed to draft large heroes in your party. On one hand, Major Q10 was a member of the first "dungeon crawl" party in Swarm of the Marro, but he is incredibly powerful for D&Dscape. Likewise, I'd like to use characters such as Gurei-Oni as monsters in the dungeon but allowing any small, medium, or large unique hero that does not follow Utgar into Player 1's party would run the risk of them picking a non-Utgar monster I have planned for an encounter.

However, by ruling out all larges you miss Sir Dupuis and a few other less monstrous heroes who happen to have added to their height. I suppose the gain outweighs the losses, though.

I'm the wiener, you're the bun. Come on over, let's have fun!

Confirmed Good Traders: tcglkn, DragonSlayer2
Old June 14th, 2010, 11:47 AM

The Iron Golem is a gimmee. He's a classic Defender-average mobility, one solid melee attack, great Defense with even more Defense against Specials.

Old June 28th, 2010, 03:37 PM

The Werewolf Lord fits well into Defender and Controller-he has the Life and Defense to hold his own in a brawl, but his Special Abilties allow you to control the board pretty well.

The Mind Flayer Mastermind is a perfect fit for Controller-the ability to remove OMs (without even needing Clear Sight!) and the ability to take a turn with any Unique figure near-by are just the type of thing that this role is about.

Old June 30th, 2010, 04:19 PM

His life of 8 makes the Ogre Warhulk atypical for a classical Striker, but his low Defense brings some of fragility of that role (relative to a Defender) to the figure, and the ability to throw 5+ Attack dice against everybody adjacent is pure Striker killin' power!

Old July 2nd, 2010, 04:46 AM

Orwald is surprisingly tart

I like this thread, excellent job!
The controller class is difficult to find a good hero for. Removing OM's is a very good example for controller abilities ,unfortunately there are only 3(?) units with such ability, but imo not good for a party: -spiders (squad), the MF (utgar), dünd ( a beast). I'm thinking of using Morsbane for my controller, any suggestions for him?
Old July 2nd, 2010, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orwald View Post
I like this thread, excellent job!
The controller class is difficult to find a good hero for. Removing OM's is a very good example for controller abilities ,unfortunately there are only 3(?) units with such ability, but imo not good for a party: -spiders (squad), the MF (utgar), dünd ( a beast). I'm thinking of using Morsbane for my controller, any suggestions for him?
Morsbane is an excellent choice for a Controller. Negation's Range of 6 means that it can cover the majority of most dungeon scenario maps, and since it's a Special Ability, even if he gets engaged my some mooks he can still use it against the main threat. I'm also a big fan of risking Leaving Engagement Strikes with Morsbane if necessary to get in a better position-his Defense of 2 means that he won't block a lot of attacks, so why wait for them, but 6 life means that he can afford to take a wound or two.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios