Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old July 19th, 2006, 09:36 AM

-Zim- has disabled reputation
HS.com Poll 07-19-06 Playing a Homemade Battlefield ...

When you play on a homemade battlefield (one not included in any of the instructions or online), do you play an all-out last figure standing battle, or do you like to play with a homemade scenario with built in victory objectives?

I only play the battlefields/scenarios that come in the instructions.
It doesn't matter if the game takes 4 hours, the last figure standing wins.
Scenarios? That's not all! I create background stories for my battlefields before we even start!
It really depends on my mood, and the amount of time we have to play.

http://www.hasbro.com/heroscape/default.cfm?page=da
Old July 19th, 2006, 09:44 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Right now the current percentages are:

A. - 0%
B. - 40%
C. - 20%
D. - 40 %

I'm guessing only five people have taken it.

Old July 19th, 2006, 11:50 AM

primal has disabled reputation
er.........50-50

when we play maps that we designed, or maps that we get from you awesome designers out there We normally play scenario/battle royal equally.
let's face it, there is no mystery when you absolutely beat the crap out of your opponent about who the victor is.
then again, it is kind of cool to make a mad dash to that glyph, occupy the territory of whatever else is called for.
50/50.
keep up the good work, designers!
oh yes, The Worlds of Heroscape stuff is excellent, thank you all very much.

the North Carolina Semi-Hex Annual Skirmish. old school style.
Old July 19th, 2006, 11:50 AM

-Zim- has disabled reputation
Seems I am the only one that voted C.
Old July 19th, 2006, 01:31 PM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
last figure standing, man!

I only play the battlefields/scenarios that come in the instructions. - 3%
It doesn't matter if the game takes 4 hours, the last figure standing wins. - 43%
Scenarios? That's not all! I create background stories for my battlefields before we even start! - 23%
It really depends on my mood, and the amount of time we have to play. - 30%
Old July 19th, 2006, 03:02 PM

dra(gon) has disabled reputation
´that is real hard question. most of the noral player had not the know how to bulid a field and stt a do this and you winn. maybe agter two round the other won. game over so last man standing is the a and o.

and that was and is hs base to kill manny of the other freaks with all what it cost.

maybe the castel had some new rules like "the game ends wehn 3 attaker are in the castel".

but armys are goning bigger and biger and some can really hurt the enemy.

the only senario that i like is kill the leader
Old July 19th, 2006, 10:54 PM

Aranas has disabled reputation
It really depends on my mood, and the amount of time we have to play.
Placed my vote! We use mostly home-made maps but vary greatly on objectives.

Things you might have missed in the rulebook:
Figures can't pass through friendly engaged figures.
Figures can't attack themselves.

SITE D'HEROSCAPE FRANCOPHONE, C'EST PAR ICI
Old July 20th, 2006, 03:27 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
I vote C

I even created a trilogy, called Unimind. The scenarios are Of One Mind, A Mind Divided, and All Minds Are One. The first has a few armies fighting over an alien AI that crash-landed on Valhalla millenia ago after escaping from Alpha Prime. The AI was created with the ability to increase the combat abilities of soulborgs linked to it, but it didn't like the apalling use to which it was put, so it went AWOL. It stole a spaceship and crash-landed on Valhalla, where it has been dormant ever since.

In the first scenario, the AI is awakened and tries to turn itself off so that it cannot be used for war. Soulborgs can activate it, forcing it to cooperate and gift them with the various glyphs (which represent cyberlinks).

In the second scenario, Vydar (who is assumed to have control of the AI) has managed to gain control over its mind (it has a chance of resisting and shorting out some of its abilities) and adapted it to work with agents as well as soulborgs. Agent Carr leads an assualt on a forge where Utgar is mining a special metal from the lava pits and crafting powerful weapons. Orcs and Moltarns try to prevent Carr from stealing the precious metal, which he wants to use to create a housing that will allow him to more easily transport the AI.

In the last scenario, Vydar's control is complete. All of his forces (of any species) can now benefit from the AI's abilities. Furthermore, a hero in Vydar's control can Mindshackle others (the equivalent of putting a device on them that controls them). He meets several other forces in battle, all of which are trying to steal a wellspring from Ullar. If Vydar can take his enhanced army with the AI and combine the AI with the power of the wellspring, he will be unstoppable!

I hope I gave a sense of what the story is, and that it doesn't sound too corny. I have yet to actually play this scenario, but I plan to!

-Taeblewalker

Old July 20th, 2006, 04:45 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I'd have to pick an all out battle to the finish!
I'd like to start playing scenarios but i love to find out which team is superior!!!
Old July 20th, 2006, 12:47 PM

pashadowops Woo who?
Even though last man standing is awesome my percentages are:

A: 0%

B: 30%

C: 20%

D: 50%

The scenarios that come with the MS and Expansions are cool to get me started. They help get my creative juices flowing. I recently downloaded the software to map and display our own stuff. Should be posting some maps and scenarios soon. The hunny do list is getting smaller as the summer winds down so I will have more time to document our maps.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News