Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old February 28th, 2008, 03:46 PM

STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadi
well.... i have to do something to keep the peasants...er.... mappers happy... or they will rise up and revolt against me... and then... they will burn down the SHS.
We can't have that, now can we?

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco
Old February 28th, 2008, 04:18 PM

Keewee has disabled reputation
too late!!!

I can read!!!!
Old February 28th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keewee
Wow thx for all the comments to my latest map that Nadious was so kind to post

You all inspire me to make another...
Your welcome, and welcome to the site.
Old February 28th, 2008, 04:39 PM

Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keewee
I can read!!!!
Drat... I wasn't expecting this evolution to happen for another 20 years! *shocked*

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
(Codex downloadable into a spreadsheet for easy self-sorting)
Note to self: One ladder for every TWO levels!!!!!!
Old February 29th, 2008, 02:49 PM

Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker
Here's our latest:

Path Unto My Feet - 1RotV, 1RtFF, 2VW

Nothing really 'new' here, but I did want to include a few more maps that use the VW set, as that has probably been one of the more 'neglected' sets in our collection. This map is pretty strait forward, with the only fact that outside of one rock 7 on each side, all map elevation is on the 'hot rocks', making it a little more risky to try and get a 'one up' on your enemies.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
Old February 29th, 2008, 03:37 PM

STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker
Nice Nadi!
You know, you should really add more elevation on some of your maps. Almost all of your maps have large flat areas. You should consider dotting some hieght around.

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco
Old February 29th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by STAROCEAN980
Nice Nadi!
You know, you should really add more elevation on some of your maps. Almost all of your maps have large flat areas. You should consider dotting some hieght around.
Yeah, I see that a lot too.
Old February 29th, 2008, 04:26 PM

Well, I do that largely because I'm not a fan of 'instant action.' I like placing starting zones (obviously when we play... not based on the maps themselves) that are far apart, because I love the element of 'setting up' your attacks, rather than engaging in battle right off on the first turn.

When you make maps that are 1 RotV set, it's hard to do that. The taller your map gets, the smaller it becomes, allowing for more instant action. So, I try to give some room if possible.

Now, these next few that are coming out might help out a little more with that.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
Old February 29th, 2008, 06:57 PM

Hatlevigs Touchstone definitely gives you time to set up... one of our games on that map came down to pure strategy.... it was intense... but I WOULD have won!!!! if Ronny didnt kill his heroes in like 2 minutes after taking over for Joe when he had to leave.... I wanted to cry, he set a world record for fasted death
Old February 29th, 2008, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadi
Well, I do that largely because I'm not a fan of 'instant action.' I like placing starting zones (obviously when we play... not based on the maps themselves) that are far apart, because I love the element of 'setting up' your attacks, rather than engaging in battle right off on the first turn.

When you make maps that are 1 RotV set, it's hard to do that. The taller your map gets, the smaller it becomes, allowing for more instant action. So, I try to give some room if possible.

Now, these next few that are coming out might help out a little more with that.
Total ditto. That's one reson why my maps are so big.
I hear you man.

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco
Old February 29th, 2008, 11:19 PM

That was the come back games of ALL come back games on that one, wasn't it Keewee. What was it in the end? I remember you had a full health Krug... I had 1 omnicron sniper... Bean had Solen... was was the other figure? It was us three vs Krug.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
Old March 1st, 2008, 01:03 AM

it was a stupid puff girl left...

Krug being a double hexed figure couldn't move and all 3 squads were range... I had Syvarus, and he destroyed your team... it was like 2v1 before Joe left.... So Joe had Vampire and Major Q9 and Dead Eye

Ronny takes over for Joe, I said "Play defense Ronny, thats our strategy"

He immediately runs out killing the vampire being jumped by 3 different things... after that he run out with Major Q9 IN THE OPEN

So thats dead... he takes Dead eye and get a d20 shot on Drake that kind of helps but after that we got swamped... it was sad.... I guess he thought it was opposite day when I said play defense..

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios