Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales
Sightings and Sales Forum for posting wave sightings and information about Heroscape sales.

Old January 12th, 2007, 09:51 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth Dodge
I'd never pay an extra cost for something online. I'd feel as if I am allowing someone to rip me off
Don't feel ripped off ...... I don't know what Wal-Mart buys their HS for nor do I know what price HouseMouse get HS for.... but I think we all know Wal-Mart gets it for a better price than HouseMouse. So getting ripped off should not be an issue - HouseMouse can't sell them for the Wal-Mart price unless they what to be a nonprofit org -or- out of business business !

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old January 13th, 2007, 02:05 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I ordered 18 packs from HMG for an awesome $225. If I had bought them at my local TRU I would have paid $253.11 after taxes. The 8.25% local sales tax here in North Texas stinks. Those 18 packs would have cost me $195 at Walmart, but the odds of me finding four complete cases and extra Zombies and Orcs would be slim to none - not to mention that I would be waiting until well into the spring just to find them. The Walmarts in my area NEVER put out more than 2 cases of anything at a time and what they do put out is snatched up almost immediately. TRU is the only real option when it comes to actually finding stuff on shelves, and even they probably wouldn't have the numbers I require.

So for me ordering from HMG does the following:

1. Saves me money.

2. Gets me the latest releases months ahead of my local brick and mortar stores.

3. Allows me to pick up as many sets as I need.

4. Gives me the chance to support a supporter of our hobby.

I see it as a win/win/win/win situation.
Old January 13th, 2007, 04:52 AM

Nickp has disabled reputation
Any box deperatment/grocery store around you will probably carry it. Fred Meyer's (for my area) carries it for the same price as Wal-Mart and they actually pay their employees decently. And walking through wal-mart makes me want to rip-out my eyes. Also don't forget about Toys 'r Us. And Kmart.

Online at Amazon or the Hasbro toyshop. ToysRUs.com, too. I was going to order a single booster or two through housemouse but after seeing the lowest amount for shipping (UPS ground) was more than the booster I decided not to. If I were ordering a large amount it'd be much more worth my while, though.
Old January 13th, 2007, 10:27 AM

Teamski is surprisingly tart
For me, it's a difference of $50 or so. Due to no sales tax, I can get 15 packs for $150 vs $201 with HM. It's not prohibitively more expensive considering all of the wasted trips I have made to WM. That adds up. As Markwars says, getting 5x of each common is doable, but I have to hit 3 different WMs to do it, and none have any yet. Heck, one still have 6 sets of 1,2,4,5 on the shelf, that will hold of Wave 6 for quite a while. So all of the past shelf clearing done by your's personally in search of 5 sets came to naught in this case......

Will I try to get Wave 7 at WM, you bet, but HM is there to catch us when that doesn't pan out and $50 in the big scheme of things is nothing, really. So, I finally placed an order with HM....

-Ski
Old January 13th, 2007, 10:46 AM
Uniquest Hero and Classic Drafter 2008

Kahrma knows what's in an order marker Kahrma knows what's in an order marker Kahrma knows what's in an order marker
Hasbrotoyshop.com occasionally leaks promotional codes which can make ordering online cheaper than buying at WM or Target. During 2006, I took advantage of these 3 times. Once for a straight 25% off, twice for 25% off + free shipping (for orders over 75$). For those who don't want to do the math, 25% off equates to $9.74 for small expansions - even better for large expansions. Oh, and no sales tax - since Hasbro doesn't have any direct retail outlets in Missouri.

True, they don't coincide with new releases, but the promo codes make for a good time to stock up.
Old January 13th, 2007, 11:54 AM

D'Hoffryn has disabled reputation
Due to work, board exams & lack of people I haven't been able to play since September... Getting wave 6 fast isn't a need for me. I won't go out of my way to hunt for it, but will stop at WM/Target on my way when I'm out on errands. No dice yet, but eventually they'll turn up. Maybe TRU will have a bogo sale or Hasbro a special promo code. I'll wait.

HMG is just too expensive for my budget. I admit paying more for something bugs me when I know if I'm patient I'll get it cheaper (and can get more). I'd rather wait & get more for the same price than pay extra to have them sooner. Sad to say they'd just sit in a box for now... Maybe someday I'll find more heroscape players in Tucson.

www.classicminiatures.net - casting for the love of old miniatures, especially Heritage
Old January 13th, 2007, 12:15 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Is anyone expecting there to be a consensus on which option is best? Like almost all answers in the universe... IT DEPENDS.
Old January 13th, 2007, 12:31 PM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!
Not to start another Wal-Mart flame war... but here's how I avoid feeling dirty when I shop at Wally's:

1. Never make a special trip. When I'm in Mankato, it's ok to stop by if I need something. Otherwise, don't go.

2. Only buy the stuff that I can't get for a similar price in my own town. Keep business local, but don't be a dolt when you can buy Wal-Mart stuff for less than that company paid for it.

3. Continually investigate other sources for a product. If I can get almost-Wally's prices somewhere else, then I take that business to that store.

Just remember that while you can buy everything but a shower at Wal-Mart, doesn't mean you have to. Take advantage of the really cheap stuff that doesn't make them a profit, and bring other business elsewhere.
Old January 13th, 2007, 02:56 PM

Nickp has disabled reputation
From tv specials I've seen on Wal-mart (Frontline, various Disscovery/Times Channel and History Channel specials) and what I've read, (various magazine articles, a few bits in books) Wal-Mart make a profit on almost everything. Even their warehouse store (Sam's Club) due to the HUGE volume they buy in, their advanced ordering system (no wasted product), and their bullying tactics when it comes to negotiating prices with new product vendors.
Old January 13th, 2007, 05:09 PM

zombie prime is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
i shop walmart because i dont need enough product to warrant free shipping.
Old January 13th, 2007, 08:04 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie prime
i shop walmart because i dont need enough product to warrant free shipping.
I tag my order in with a friend who is putting in the big order. I think he buys for at least 4 or more of us when he puts in an order. Shipping is very fast. I still enjoy hunting for them in stores as well ( need to get multiplies of the commons I like ,as well as look for bargans ( don't find them often... I mainly just read about them on this site ).

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old January 14th, 2007, 12:46 AM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
For me, it's a matter of not always wanting to have to shell out $150+ all at once. I've ordered from Sandra plenty of times and I'm certain I will again. The additional convenience for me is not having to cope with the massive expenditure in those exact terms.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales