Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Notices

Old July 3rd, 2007, 09:16 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!
Go Kobayaaaaaashiii!!!!! - Hot Dog Eating World Championship

Tomorrow is one of the most significant sporting events of the last 10 years. 6 year defending champion Takeru Kobayashi faces the ultimate challenge of his career. Can one of the greatest athletes in the history of sports retain his title? Will the up-and-coming challenger, Joey Chestnut emerge as the new world champion of speed hot dog eating after having downed a record-setting 59 hot dogs in 12 minutes during the pre-qualification? Will there by a surprise upset by Sonya "The Black Widow" Thomas? With Kobayashi is emerging from a very serious jaw-injury last week as a result of his intensive training retinue, the rumors are flying fast and furious regarding whether or not he will show up to defend his title, and how he can possibly win against the new challenger in the face of his injury.

I will await with baited breath for the legendary Solomon Technique and the Kobayashi Shuffle that Kobayashi has utilized to utterly annihilate the competition and single-handedly elevate a small-time local sporting attraction to the international stage. No matter the outcome, this is guaranteed to be the most exciting hot dog eating championship since Kobayashi first rocketted into the championship title and international superstardom.

Get set tomorrow morning and turn your TV to ESPN for the most important sporting event of the decade...

GO KOBAYASHIIII!!!!!!!!!
Old July 3rd, 2007, 09:25 PM

GIR has disabled reputation
Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

I like waffles!
Old July 3rd, 2007, 09:30 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
I find the event sickening and would probably vomit if I were to watch.

But I do keep up with the news. That jaw thing makes me wonder if Koboyashi's going to be at tip-top condition. I also wonder if that new guy that broke the world record can steal the championship belt. Keep us informed, Hot-Dog Man!
Old July 3rd, 2007, 09:36 PM

Havokscry has disabled reputation
Some are speculating that he's scared of the challenger and he's using his injury as an excuse, if he doesn't win. Oh the drama!!
Old July 3rd, 2007, 09:56 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139
I find the event sickening and would probably vomit if I were to watch.
It's okay if you vomit a little bit. You are only disqualified if it actually escapes your mouth.
Old July 3rd, 2007, 10:09 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Why are we rooting the guy who works for Kaiser Soze? What is he doing in a hot-dog eating contest?
Old July 3rd, 2007, 10:17 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
Why are we rooting the guy who works for Kaiser Soze? What is he doing in a hot-dog eating contest?
Because the captain is the only one to have ever won it - by cheating and reprogramming the scenario.
Old July 3rd, 2007, 10:18 PM

Scape_Scrub11 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
Old July 3rd, 2007, 10:38 PM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation
Whoever wins it, all the competators are pretty good at eating hot dogs. In 12 minutes, I could only eat like 3 or 4 hotdogs. No where close to 59! I don't follow the eating contests, so this is why this is a newbish question. Are these guys huge or are they little guys? I bet they starve themselves 3 days before the competition, only surviving off water. I wish I could watch it though...... it sounds interesting.
Old July 3rd, 2007, 10:54 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

Quote:
Originally Posted by GForce3062
Whoever wins it, all the competators are pretty good at eating hot dogs. In 12 minutes, I could only eat like 3 or 4 hotdogs. No where close to 59! I don't follow the eating contests, so this is why this is a newbish question. Are these guys huge or are they little guys? I bet they starve themselves 3 days before the competition, only surviving off water. I wish I could watch it though...... it sounds interesting.
Some of them are huge but Kobayashi is a little Japanese guy and Joey Chestnut is not too heavy either. You can read about some of Kobayashi's intensive training regime here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takeru_Kobayashi
Old July 4th, 2007, 03:21 AM

TheRealQ has disabled reputation
I'm actually rooting for Chestnut. Kobayashi is slowing down and knows his days are numbered. Chestnut has yet to hit his stride and was less than 2 dogs behind the champion. He had a monstrous start last year but tired because he hadn't prepared for the duration. I'm sure that this year he will bring home the yellow belt.

To Gforce: Most competitive eaters are not fat or even really big guys. To successfully eat huge amounts the stomach has to have room to expand. Fat people develop a belt of fat in the interior of their abdominal cavity that limits this expansion. On the same page, people with overly developed abdominal muscles tend to have limited expandability due to the constraints of their muscle. The top level competitors are more of fast eaters as opposed to big eaters. Many of them have enlarged throats and minimal gag reflex allowing them to stuff food down their gullets with little or no chewing. Prior to eating in a competition contestants will do quite the opposite of what you suggested and will completely fill themselves a few times in order to stretch out their stomachs and prepare their systems. If you go a while without eating your stomach begins to contract and thereby limits your intake once you do eat.

I am far out of my prime but used to be a monster eater when I was 100-150 lbs lighter. Had I known about these competitions at that time I would have been a champion; I've eaten 216 enchiladas in one sitting. (I've also, on seperate occassions, finished a 20 lb turkey, two 5 lb hamburgers, 9 large pizzas, 100 Hooters' wings, etc) Today I'm old and fat and probably couldn't eat more than 36 enchiladas in one sitting.

To eat large amounts you have to really have your metabolism pumped up so that you can continue to eat heavily on a regular basis, it really does take training.

Oh, BTW, this will be on ESPN tomorrow at around noon eastern time. I already have it scheduled to record in case I forget to watch it live.

Old July 4th, 2007, 10:08 AM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation
Okay, thanks guys. Like I said, I have no experience with eating contests.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General