Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old December 12th, 2010, 09:54 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth
Re: Magma - Design Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
Should it even affect figures with the Lava Resistant power?
Well I think the concussive force could do some damage as it's not pure fire, but molten rock or whatever, so while the heat part of it shouldn't hurt them (thus the -1 attack die vs. Lava Resistant figures), I would think the physical blow of the attack would be able to hurt them. I guess it's kind of like why Deep Freeze still can hurt Ice Resistant figures, but the cold part of it doesn't, thus the -1 to attack.
So something like this:

A:

LAVA PROJECTILES
When Magma is on a molten lava space, you may add 5 to her range and roll 1 additional attack die. When Magma uses Lava Projectiles to attack a figure with the Lava Resistant special power, do not roll 1 additional attack die.

or

B:

LAVA PROJECTILES SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 6. Attack 4.
Magma may only use Lava Projectiles Special Attack while on a molten lava space. When Magma uses her Lava Projectiles Special Attack to attack a figure with the Lava Resistant special power, roll 1 fewer attack die.

A: means she could fly up to height and place a molten lava tile, receiving any height bonuses, plus benefit from Cap's Tactician, etc.

B: means it would just be a static 4 attack (3 against Lava Resistant figures)

If B: is the choice, I'd like it to go up to a static 5 (4 against Lava Resistant figures) like Iceman's, as they are in the same point range.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS

Last edited by SirGalahad; December 12th, 2010 at 10:01 AM.
Old December 12th, 2010, 09:58 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

I like A as more thematic, but I think it should be 2 fewer attack die against Lava Resistant figures. I know the rocks hurt and all, but a majority of the damage she inflicts comes from the fact that it's lava.
Old December 12th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I like Hahma's points on this.
Old December 12th, 2010, 10:03 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

So, base attack of 3, add 1 for the Lava Projectiles, then subtract 2 against Lava Resistant figures.

Will that be too much arithmetic for people?

Old December 12th, 2010, 10:06 AM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I vote for B.
Old December 12th, 2010, 10:18 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I'm for B, it's simpler and more in line with Iceman's Deep Freeze.

Regarding the theme of subtracting 2 vs. Lava Resistant because of most of it is heat, the same exact thing can be said for Deep Freeze as most of that is bitter cold, enough to possibly remove an OM. Iceman's normal attack would be the projectile type/concussive, whereas his special attack is a blast of bitter cold, so the effects of that cold vs. Ice Resistant figures should be the same as that of Magma's Lava Projectiles heat effects on Lava Resistant figures IMO.

Okay, but if it's B, then it kind of blows since I already got done with her HH tests vs. Nightcrawler, Plastic Man, Iceman, Blob, Mystique and Huntress. And am part way done with squad test vs. Ninja. But that's okay if I have to do them again with a special attack and no height bonus etc.

It will just take longer to redo this as I have to put second coat of paint in basement bathroom and paint 5 6 panel doors today, as well as other stuff. So I'll continue once this is resolved.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 12th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Business Casual

Yikes, you are efficiency at the highest!

Old December 12th, 2010, 10:53 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
Yikes, you are efficiency at the highest!
I get up really early on weekends, as that's my best time for testing before I tackle other tasks I must do. Otherwise when I have the energy to stay up later at night and not posting here, I can test then as well. Though I'm really more of a morning person and especially prefer army testing on weekend mornings with a clearer head. I envy those with entire days to test or play around otherwise. Though, after the holidays I should have less work on the house to do other than the usual stuff people do.

I should have some more morning time during the week before Christmas, as I'm off that week because my daughter is coming in from NY on the 18th to the 23rd for a visit during her Christmas break from college.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 12th, 2010, 10:56 AM

Hahma tests more figures before 9am than most people do for the year.
Old December 12th, 2010, 11:10 AM

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

On second thought, I think B is simpler and probably the best way to go. I still like the 2 less idea, even though it would be inconsistent with Iceman. I can't even say why, I just like it better.
Old December 12th, 2010, 11:17 AM

Sometimes we just instinctively know what we want, and there doesn't need to be any logic behind it. It is that animalistic unpredictability that will give us the edge in the fight against the machines when they become self-aware.
Old December 12th, 2010, 11:20 AM

I can't wait to kill me some intelligent machines.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library