Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old May 22nd, 2009, 02:05 PM

FOOTBALLDUDE88 is surprisingly tart
Why Vydar would not join Utgar.

My brother (ICEMASTER) and I have different opinions on wether Vydar would join Utgar or not. It is his opinion that Vydar would join forces with Utgar and my opinion that he would not.

My problem with Vydar joining Utgar is that only the soulborgs would go with him. I figure all the humans, gorrillas, and Braxas would either join a different army or would stick together and form there own army waiting until a seventh kyrie genneral was found. I just can't see Carr and the agents fighting along side the forces that kill there freinds. The gorrillas would stick to Laglor who would rather break any oaths he made to Vydar and remain loyal to the other gennerals rather than fight along side the marro that killed and enslaved his race on Marr. Braxas being the dragon Queen that she is would probably just join another army or become a one figure swift-attack-and-run-away army. She would attack all armies indescriminantly and just kill enough to keep her fed.

The soulborgs I can see would just get reprogrammed and fight for whoever programmed them. The only soulborg who would not change sides would be Q10 because he is on Alpha Prime a mistake and would not fight for Utgar because of his friendship with Raelin, Drake, Shiori and Sonlen.

My thoughts are that if Aquilla does not join Utgar then either the next genneral would join him or if there are not going to be any more gennerals then Utgar will be on his own until the end of the war. If another genneral was to join Utgar the battle would ceritainly last longer than if nobody joined him but maybe if there is another genneral then that genneral would be a mercenary and would join whoever paid him the most money. In that case Utgar would promise him half of Valhalla in reture for his survices and then near the end of the war if Utgar was going to win he would dispatch the mercenary genneral and claim Valhalla for himself.

The main reason I don't think Vydar would join Utgar is that without him the allies would have very few ranged units because Vydar is about 80 to 90% ranged units.

Please post with your opinion on either why you think Vydar would join Utgar or why you think he would not join him.

VOTE FEN HYDRA IN
UBR 2011!! ALL HAIL
FEN HYDRA,
IMMORTAL FEN
HYDRA

Last edited by FOOTBALLDUDE88; May 22nd, 2009 at 02:44 PM.
Old May 22nd, 2009, 02:38 PM

ICEMASTER is surprisingly tart
Re: Why Vydar would not join Utgar.

You spell my name ICEMASTER not ICEMASER.

As in the words of rednax.What does neg-rep accomplish that a kindly-worded PM can't, besides possibly angering the recipient?
Old May 22nd, 2009, 02:45 PM
Drives for Utgar

Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby!

Come on now, Vydar would rather fold then be crushed. I don't think we will ever see a 7th General I wouls like it but I don't think it's in the cards. Here is the thing, Vydar has Sudema and all but one Soulborg is as bad as you can get, when it all come down to it "...The enemy of my enemy is my friend." I would rather be on the winning side plotting an assassination then be crused under foot with little hope to fight back with. This would be the reason Vydar would join Utgar if it were to happen. Also think of this "..What if." Vydar had been killed or died? What then? His army would need a leader and last I checked he has plenty of T-101 but no John Connors. Still we have never seen a human resistance fighter form "..Alpha Prime." Why is that and who would get them? Jandar?
In the end whatever war happens will happen in our heads, I really don't feel that we will get the backing, we as games and lovers for Heroscape, should get from Hasbro or Wotc, I hope I am wrong on this.

I would rather bite the belly of the beast as it swallows me whole then run from it!
Old May 22nd, 2009, 04:43 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Well, Vydar is a candidate to switch swides more based on the leader than the units.

However, based on the units. The Vydar borgs already hunt the humaniods on their home planet. This should be no different on Valhalla. I do not think reprogamming them would even be an issue, (i dont think you can reprogramme the soul part anyway), you just tell them who the new enemy is and they woudl be cool. As for Q10, he might switch, he might not. His fault according to the commercial was that he was merciful and didnt kill a defeated opponent. He didnt have a problem fighting whoever he was fighting.

Sudema, she is undead, will fit along with Utgar just fine. Same with any future Vydar undeads. (if that ever happens). Dund, he is a hunter/predator type, no biggie.

The human agents? Hmm, agents tend to be pretty mercenary/ruthless. Tend to work for money, not honor or righteousness. I can see them going over also. Just offer them enough money/power/prestige. Humans can be evil also, just watch the news tonight.

Braxas? Cant see her haveing too much of an issue melting others, she does have a wild personality and her bio makes her sound pretty nasty.

I can Vydar switching to some degree. Of the two, Utgar would be VERY evil, while Vydar would just be BAD.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old May 22nd, 2009, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad Rocket View Post
Well, Vydar is a candidate to switch swides more based on the leader than the units.

However, based on the units. The Vydar borgs already hunt the humaniods on their home planet. This should be no different on Valhalla. I do not think reprogamming them would even be an issue, (i dont think you can reprogramme the soul part anyway), you just tell them who the new enemy is and they woudl be cool. As for Q10, he might switch, he might not. His fault according to the commercial was that he was merciful and didnt kill a defeated opponent. He didnt have a problem fighting whoever he was fighting.

Sudema, she is undead, will fit along with Utgar just fine. Same with any future Vydar undeads. (if that ever happens). Dund, he is a hunter/predator type, no biggie.

The human agents? Hmm, agents tend to be pretty mercenary/ruthless. Tend to work for money, not honor or righteousness. I can see them going over also. Just offer them enough money/power/prestige. Humans can be evil also, just watch the news tonight.

Braxas? Cant see her haveing too much of an issue melting others, she does have a wild personality and her bio makes her sound pretty nasty.

I can Vydar switching to some degree. Of the two, Utgar would be VERY evil, while Vydar would just be BAD.
I guess I can see what you mean. But I figure that if Vydar does switch sides then Utgar will probably kill him and take his forces for his own. That is just the way evil gennerals work. They make a deal and then stab there "friends" in the back and take all there stuff.

VOTE FEN HYDRA IN
UBR 2011!! ALL HAIL
FEN HYDRA,
IMMORTAL FEN
HYDRA
Old May 22nd, 2009, 05:09 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I forget the quote from a certain Hasbro guy but the jist of it went like this; "Of course there's a sixth general, this is a hax game. DUH!". So I do not believe there will be a seventh.
Old May 22nd, 2009, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Jandar View Post
I forget the quote from a certain Hasbro guy but the jist of it went like this; "Of course there's a sixth general, this is a hax game. DUH!". So I do not believe there will be a seventh.
YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

I was hoping there would be someone else to join Utgar.

VOTE FEN HYDRA IN
UBR 2011!! ALL HAIL
FEN HYDRA,
IMMORTAL FEN
HYDRA
Old May 22nd, 2009, 05:35 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOOTBALLDUDE88 View Post
Quote:
YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

We already have 6 generals, , there won't be a 7th.
Old May 22nd, 2009, 05:39 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
Quote:
YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, Aquilla kinda snuck in there didn't she...
Old May 22nd, 2009, 11:50 PM
Drives for Utgar

Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby!

Hey Toad, did you read my post before you wrote yours or do we think alike?

I would rather bite the belly of the beast as it swallows me whole then run from it!

Last edited by Rogue A$$asSIN; May 23rd, 2009 at 12:15 AM.
Old May 23rd, 2009, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
Quote:
YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, Aquilla kinda snuck in there didn't she...
I did not see the word not in his post the first time I read through it. Oh well at least now with six gennerals you can build a six pointed map and everybody can use a different genneral.

VOTE FEN HYDRA IN
UBR 2011!! ALL HAIL
FEN HYDRA,
IMMORTAL FEN
HYDRA
Old May 23rd, 2009, 01:51 PM

Hal0fan117 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
What? A hax game? I knew it was somewhat luck dependent, but I thought there was also some strategy...but if the makers say it's haxxed...

2013, Still alive.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion