Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old March 25th, 2012, 11:24 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
The Book of Ragdoll

The Book of Ragdoll

C3G DC PUBLIC EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION 8
SECRETS AND LIES

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the DC 75th Anniversary set.
Its model number and name are #035 / Ragdoll.

Character Bio - Son of the original Ragdoll, Peter Merkell Jr. had surgery to distort his joints so that he could be more like his father. The surgery disfigured him however, and me must regularly use emollient to keep his bones from ripping his flesh. Peter became the second Ragdoll, and quickly joined up with the Secret Six, a small group rivaling the Secret Society of Super Villains. Ragdoll has close relations with his teammates, especially Parademon, who calls Ragdoll "Clown."

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:Benefits:Weaknesses:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips--Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 10:51 PM. Reason: png
Old March 25th, 2012, 11:24 PM

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Ragdoll - Design Phase

NAME = RAGDOLL
SECRET IDENTITY = PETER MERKELL JR.

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = OUTLAW
PERSONALITY = INSANE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 100

CONTORTIONIST
Ragdoll never takes leaving engagement attacks and may move through all figures. When Ragdoll rolls defense dice against an attack, you may immediately move Ragdoll one space for each blank rolled.

CLINGY
After a figure ends its movement, if that figure was adjacent to Ragdoll during its movement, you may immediately place Ragdoll adjacent to that figure, if possible.

Last edited by Yodaking; June 26th, 2019 at 07:36 PM.
Old March 25th, 2012, 11:27 PM

Can I Get Miniature Pictures Here Please?

Old March 26th, 2012, 01:23 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
OVERWORKED JOINTS
Before attacking an adjacent figure with Ragdoll’s normal attack, you may choose to add 3 dice to Ragdoll’s attack. If you do, after attacking, Ragdoll receives one wound, plus one additional wound for each wound Ragdoll inflicted on the defending figure with the attack.
I am a bit concerned that the detriment here is so strong against Ragdoll, that it will only have use when the controlling player is just ready to get one big use out of him and expect him to die. I think a more "risk VS reward" approach is more interesting, and will give him some more appeal to players who are drafting.

Like this:
Quote:
OVERWORKED JOINTS
When attacking an adjacent figure with Ragdoll’s normal attack, you may roll 3 additional attack dice. After attacking with Overworked Joints, roll a number of unblockable attack dice against Ragdoll equal to the number of wounds inflicted on the defending figure.

Quote:
CLINGY
If Ragdoll inflicts a wound on a figure leaving an engagement with him, he may immediately move one space.
How useful is this power? It is a cool theme for sure, but really, how useful is it? Why will people want to get away from this guy so badly, and how is a move of one space gonna help him? I do like the theme you are going for though, but I have a slightly different or amped up version that will give this cool power some more use and interesting game play.

Quote:
CLINGY
When a figure that was adjacent to Ragdoll this turn ends its movement, you may place Ragdoll adjacent to it.
This will work on enemy or friendly figures that start adjacent to Ragdoll, brush past him while moving, or engage him then allow him to quickly "circle" them for better height. I would absolutely love to see this change.

Also, whether you go in either direction, something about LEAs should probably be stated.
Old March 26th, 2012, 03:21 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Personally, for Clingy, I'd prefer a solid thematic - if generally not too useful - power. He seems like a character that doesn't really warrant more than two powers unless the last one is really simple.
Old March 26th, 2012, 07:10 AM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think Griff has some really good ideas (although his concern about LEAs is covered in the first power).

I do worry that with a "stealth dodge" against all attacks, AND a life of 6, this guy will be crazy hard to kill.

Maybe defense of 4 and make it:

CONTORTIONIST
When Ragdoll defends against an attack, one blank will block all damage. After defending against an attack, Ragdoll may move 1 space for each shield rolled.

Although I suppose that will make him just as hard to kill as Flash. Maybe only have it work against normal attacks?

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old March 26th, 2012, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
OVERWORKED JOINTS
Before attacking an adjacent figure with Ragdoll’s normal attack, you may choose to add 3 dice to Ragdoll’s attack. If you do, after attacking, Ragdoll receives one wound, plus one additional wound for each wound Ragdoll inflicted on the defending figure with the attack.
I am a bit concerned that the detriment here is so strong against Ragdoll, that it will only have use when the controlling player is just ready to get one big use out of him and expect him to die. I think a more "risk VS reward" approach is more interesting, and will give him some more appeal to players who are drafting.

Like this:
Quote:
OVERWORKED JOINTS
When attacking an adjacent figure with Ragdoll’s normal attack, you may roll 3 additional attack dice. After attacking with Overworked Joints, roll a number of unblockable attack dice against Ragdoll equal to the number of wounds inflicted on the defending figure.

Quote:
CLINGY
If Ragdoll inflicts a wound on a figure leaving an engagement with him, he may immediately move one space.
How useful is this power? It is a cool theme for sure, but really, how useful is it? Why will people want to get away from this guy so badly, and how is a move of one space gonna help him? I do like the theme you are going for though, but I have a slightly different or amped up version that will give this cool power some more use and interesting game play.

Quote:
CLINGY
When a figure that was adjacent to Ragdoll this turn ends its movement, you may place Ragdoll adjacent to it.
This will work on enemy or friendly figures that start adjacent to Ragdoll, brush past him while moving, or engage him then allow him to quickly "circle" them for better height. I would absolutely love to see this change.

Also, whether you go in either direction, something about LEAs should probably be stated.
I love the Contortionist suggestion.
As far as Clingy, I don't think you're seeing its full potential. If Batman leaves engagement from Ragdoll and gets wounded, Ragdoll can immediately move 1 space and re-engage, causing Batman to have to risk another wound and another engagement if he wants to keep moving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Personally, for Clingy, I'd prefer a solid thematic - if generally not too useful - power. He seems like a character that doesn't really warrant more than two powers unless the last one is really simple.
I agree, although Griff's suggestion wasn't too complicated, I could go either way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
I think Griff has some really good ideas (although his concern about LEAs is covered in the first power).

I do worry that with a "stealth dodge" against all attacks, AND a life of 6, this guy will be crazy hard to kill.

Maybe defense of 4 and make it:

CONTORTIONIST
When Ragdoll defends against an attack, one blank will block all damage. After defending against an attack, Ragdoll may move 1 space for each shield rolled.

Although I suppose that will make him just as hard to kill as Flash. Maybe only have it work against normal attacks?
I think 3 defense is fine in that matter. Using 3 defense and blanks, he's slightly less dodgy then Harley. Since he wouldn't be rolling too many blanks though, we could try:

CONTORTIONIST
Ragdoll can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. When Ragdoll defends against an attack, one blank will block all damage. After defending against an attack, Ragdoll may move 3 spaces.

Combine that with 3 defense. He may move more spaces than Harley with the guaranteed 3, but he can't move up or down like Harley.

Old March 26th, 2012, 08:22 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I don't know the character, but wiki has his name as 2 words; Rag Doll.

I don't see any reason for a life of 6. It says his father's body was able to withstand concussive force, but I can't find a reason for Jr. to have a life of 6 or even One Shield Defense for that matter.

I also agree with everything else Griff has said.

Cheers
Old March 26th, 2012, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post

I don't see any reason for a life of 6. It says his father's body was able to withstand concussive force, but I can't find a reason for Jr. to have a life of 6 or even One Shield Defense for that matter.

Cheers
The reason for the one shield defense is because he's very flexible and very hard to it, since he can stretch out of the way. I haven't come down with a firm number for the life yet, but I'm thinking 4 or 5 at this point. 4 life would probably bring his defense up to 4.

As far as the name,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiki
Ragdoll next pushes Parademon replacement Mad Hatter off the roof of Vandal Savage's stronghold, claiming there is only room for one freak on the team.[2]
Ragdoll next appears on with new sixth member Harley Quinn, retrieving a box that is later revealed to contain the deceased Justice League member Ice. The Birds of Prey retrieve Ice's body and the Six escape unpaid.[3]
Dr. Psycho later uses his powers to cause Ragdoll to attack his teammates.
Ragdoll (Comic Book Character)
Ragdoll (Peter Merkell Jr.)
Ragdoll (Peter Merkell Jr.)

Old March 26th, 2012, 09:16 AM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Scape... How would you feel about dropping Overworked Joints altogether? In my opinion, this guy will be plenty annoying without it, and I don't think a circus clown needs to hit as hard as Captain America or Wonder Woman.

It would also be neat to have Clingy work with a friendly or enemy figure; essentially Carried for either team. That would give him some "soft synergy" with other Outlaws (and I mean, come on, look at the comic art!)

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old March 26th, 2012, 09:48 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Quote:

Cheers
The reason for the one shield defense is because he's very flexible and very hard to it, since he can stretch out of the way. I haven't come down with a firm number for the life yet, but I'm thinking 4 or 5 at this point. 4 life would probably bring his defense up to 4.
That's not One Shield Defense! That's a just a higher Defense. If he is still human I don't see any reason why he would have a life higher than 4.
Old March 26th, 2012, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
Scape... How would you feel about dropping Overworked Joints altogether? In my opinion, this guy will be plenty annoying without it, and I don't think a circus clown needs to hit as hard as Captain America or Wonder Woman.

It would also be neat to have Clingy work with a friendly or enemy figure; essentially Carried for either team. That would give him some "soft synergy" with other Outlaws (and I mean, come on, look at the comic art!)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Quote:

Cheers
That's not One Shield Defense! That's a just a higher Defense. If he is still human I don't see any reason why he would have a life higher than 4.

Good points everyone (where's the public's voice? Shhh!), so here's what I'm proposing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Current Stats

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 150

CONTORTIONIST
Ragdoll never takes leaving engagement attacks and may move through all figures. When Ragdoll rolls defense dice against an attack, one shield will block all damage. For each shield rolled, Ragdoll may move one space.

OVERWORKED JOINTS

CLINGY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proposed Stats

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 100

CONTORTIONIST
Ragdoll never takes leaving engagement attacks and may move through all figures. After defending against an attack, Ragdoll may move one space for each blank rolled.

CLINGY
After a figure ends their movement, if that figure was adjacent to Ragdoll during their movement, you may immediately place Ragdoll adjacent to that figure.

Last edited by Scapemage; March 26th, 2012 at 10:11 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library