Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old August 23rd, 2012, 02:39 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
The Book of Reverend Stryker

The Book of Reverend Stryker

C3G MARVEL WAVE 16
XTINCTION AGENDA

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a HeroClix figure from the Giant-Size X-Men set.
Its model number and name are #019 / William Stryker.

Character Bio - An ex-soldier and deeply religious, Reverend William Stryker saw his son - born a mutant - as an abomination. In a fit of hateful rage, he killed the child and his wife and attempted to kill himself, but after his failed suicide saw this misfortune as a sign from God. Satan was corrupting children, and it was his mission to stop it. Raising an army of "Purifiers" and becoming a televangelist, he embarked on a crusade against all mutantkind. While his first attempt at stirring the public to action failed, thanks to the X-Men, he has yet to be dissuaded from his genocidal goals.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:
  • As a Human, Reverend Stryker has these Human Synergies.
  • As a Fanatical Human, Torquemada allows Reverend Stryker to receive an automatic skull against adjacent non-Human figures with his Pure Vigilance! special power and his My Terminators Are Watching! special power also lets Reverend Stryker move and attack after Torquemada inflicts one or more wounds on a non-Human with his normal attack.
  • As a Cultist, a Darkholder’s Demonic Collusion special power allows a Demon to attack within 5 clear sight spaces of Reverend Stryker instead of attacking with a Darkholder. In addition, a Darkholder's Ritual Sacrifice special power is powered up by the number of Cultists adjacent to a chosen figure.
Outgoing Synergy:
  • Citizens you control within clear sight of Reverend Stryker roll an extra die when attacking a Mutant, due to his Purge the Wicked special power. Current Citizens.
  • Reverend Stryker may have an adjacent Common Human you control take wounds from an attack in his place, with his Blind Devotion special power. Current Common Humans.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-Card Updates:
7 March 2021 - Class changed to Cultist

Last edited by Splash; July 27th, 2022 at 03:38 PM.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 02:39 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Reverend Stryker (Design Phase)

NAME = REVEREND STRYKER
SECRET IDENTITY = WILLIAM STRYKER

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CULTIST
PERSONALITY = FANATICAL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 3

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 2

POINTS = 70

PURGE THE WICKED
When a Citizen you control within clear sight of Reverend Stryker attacks a Mutant, it receives 1 additional attack die.

BLIND DEVOTION
Anytime Reverend Stryker would receive 1 or more wounds from an attack, you may choose an adjacent Common Human figure you control to receive those wounds instead.

TELEPATHIC BLOCK 9
If Reverend Stryker or any figure adjacent to Reverend Stryker is targeted for an attack from a Telepath, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 9 or higher, that Telepath's turn immediately ends.

Last edited by tcglkn; January 27th, 2021 at 05:46 PM.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 02:40 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Comic Art:
Spoiler Alert!

Background:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by johnny139; August 24th, 2012 at 01:14 AM.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 02:43 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

I'm pretty happy with the direction I have here, and I think it's solid overall... he's similar to Jameson only he'll need to be more active (due to the clear sight restriction) and is better to bring with your army in order to protect him and use his telepathic powers. Stats are low; I put him on par with Alfred as both are older but have military background.

He has a chip implant that blocks telepathic attacks, if you're wondering what the last power is all about.

A squad of generic Purifiers down the line might give him bonding to make things easier. I don't have any big plans for them but it's a possibility.

For the power names, I put the passages in parenthesis... it's probably a tad hypocritical to ask after bringing up the whole "no need for special cards" thing in Comedian's thread, but I was hoping we could get an alternative set of cards using those as power names. If we wanted to go the extra mile I could also re-write the text in faux-Biblical sermonesque if anyone would be interested in that.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 02:52 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I like it. Solid, simple design.

For the power names, I'd really rather stay away from bible verses. I know there are people like him who misinterpret, but I'd really rather not associate bible verses with evil directly on the card, ya know?
Old August 23rd, 2012, 06:48 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

I raised the exact same concerns back when I first posted him and everyone was like "Nah, it's no big deal, no one cares, go ahead with it." Way to flipflop guys, jeez.

It's minor and would just be more work for the Art Team anyways, so I don't have a problem dropping it.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 07:29 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

TELEPATHIC BLOCK 13 (2 CORINTHIANS 11:3)
If Reverend Stryker or any figure adjacent to Reverend Stryker is targeted for an attack or special power from a Telepath, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, that figure's turn immediately ends.

Though I know the intent here, the reference to "that figure" is vague (could be misinterpreted to mean the figure adjacent to Stryker). I think something like "the targeting figure" might help clarify. "The attacking figure" sounds better but, of course, doesn't cover all the bases.

Cool power set. I definitely would like to see a scenario with him and a crowd of Civvies versus some X-Men in an eventual scenario as part of an X-Men campaign.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 24th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

That sounds reasonable... maybe "that Telepath?" Would that work?

Also, as far as art goes, comic art is slim pickings (I took one myself out of "God Loves, Man Kills" when I had Marvel Digital - the first in the spoiler - but I don't know if it's usable), and I couldn't find a good background either. I want some sort of big lit-up stage, since he IS a televangelist.

Anyone have the mini to get pictures, or should I put it out for the public?
Old August 24th, 2012, 10:45 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I have the mini. I'm not so great at pictures though, so it probably wouldn't hurt to ask around.
Old August 24th, 2012, 11:03 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That Telepath sounds good.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 25th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Alright, second post updated. Sending to ERB.
Old August 25th, 2012, 07:09 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

ERB from David:

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl
Reverend Stryker

I really like watching William Stryker in those Priceline commercials, and he was great in Star Trek. Go, William Stryker!!! (Huh???)

Purge the Wicked
More love for the Civilians!

Blind Devotion
There may be a mechanical problem that might need to be clarified. The trigger is simply taking wounds, which could come from knockback damage, falling from height, stepping on a broken Burt's Beer bottle cans (Litter!), etc. The last sentence then specifies the wounds come from an attack. So you'd probably have to place the attack condition in the first sentence.

Then again, would it be thematic for Reverend Stryker to fall from the Statue of Liberty and have a devoted follower lie down in the landing spot below to cushion the fall? It probably wouldn't work, because <Admin Edit: removed extremely graphic description that clearly violates Heroscaper's TOS.>

Telepathic Block 13
Based on my history between Jean Grey and Thing (she always seems to slam the poor guy in my games), Thing would definitely sign up as one of the Rev's followers.

Final Thoughts
This is a figure that certainly requires a definite draft with Civilians... you need Civilians to protect his low Defense and Life, and that is perfectly fitting. I'm not certain I'd want to sacrifice some of the other Common Humans for him. Let's see: Civilians x 4 plus Stryker = 270 for 17 figures.

And Reverend Stryker is likely only a viable draft against certain armies. Playtesting should reveal whether he would be worthwhile when not facing Mutants/Telepaths, as I'm not certain he'd be worth having outside that matchup.
Do we want Blind Devotion to work against everything, or just attacks? I'm not sure which myself...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library