Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old December 21st, 2018, 11:51 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Kozil

The Book of Kozil

C3V Wave 21 - Curse of Stormtorn Peak - Heroes of the Moonlight Vale

The figure used for this unit is the Owlbear from the Blood of Gruumsh box set from the D&D Dungeon Command line.

Character Bio: Owlbears are one of Toril's most feared creatures, and Kozil is no exception. He's brutal when attacking, and unpredictable when wounded. Aquilla summons him to fight alongside her swarm of spiders.

Quote:
WOUNDED RAGE 13
When Kozil receives one or more wounds from a normal or special attack but is not destroyed, you must immediately roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, inflict one wound on a figure adjacent to Kozil, if possible.

CRUSHING GRASP 15
After attacking with Kozil, if Kozil attacked a small or medium figure and rolled at least one skull and Kozil is still adjacent to that figure, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, inflict 2 wounds on that figure.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Kozil uses a large, single-hex base.

• Q: What happens first, Crushing Grasp or Counter Strike?
    A: Counter Strike.
    Counter Strike happens along with rolling defense dice, so it happens first.

• Q: What happens first, Crushing Grasp or Cell Divide?
    A: Cell Divide.
    Powers that can prevent wounds, such as Cell Divide, Exoskeleton, Temporal Jump, Expendable Rabble, and Purple Heart take place before wounds are dealt, and therefore happen before the attack action is complete.

• Q: What happens first, Crushing Grasp or Dying Swipe?
    A: Dying Swipe.
    Dying Swipe and Rupture happen before the figure is removed from the battlefield, and therefore happen before the attack action is complete.

• Q: What happens first, Crushing Grasp or Scatter?
    A: Scatter.
    "After attacking" means after your attack action, and all triggered effects like Scatter, Defensive Vault, and Teleport Reinforcements have been resolved.

• Q: How does Wounded Rage interact with Sujoah's Poison Sting Special Attack or Estivara's Venom Ray Special Attack?
    A:
    Roll for Wounded Rage after the initial attack wounds and after each poison wound inflicted, as long as Kozil is not destroyed.

• Q: If Kozil kills a Mind Flayer Mastermind attacking him with Psionic Blast Special Attack, does Kozil lose an order marker?
    A: No.
    Wounded Rage happens "immediately," so it triggers before he loses an order marker due to Psionic Blast Special Attack.

• Q: If Tandros chooses an adjacent Squad figure for Cleave and wounds Kozil with his normal attack, and then Kozil kills Tandros with Wounded Rage, is the Squad figure still destroyed?
    A: No.
    Wounded Rage happens "immediately," so it happens before the Cleave damage. Kozil could kill Tandros before Cleave has a chance to complete.

• Q: What happens first, Wounded Rage or Cover Fire?
    A: Wounded Rage.
    Wounded Rage happens "immediately."

• Q: What happens first, Wounded Rage or Mortal Strike?
    A: Wounded Rage.
    Wounded Rage happens "immediately," so it happens before other powers that happen due to wounding a figure, including Mortal Strike, Coil Crush, Lycanthropy, Cling, and Poison Weapons. If Kozil kills the attacking Hero, that Hero's power does not take effect. So, for example, if a Master of the Hunt hits Kozil with a normal attack and is killed by Wounded Rage, he would not get to roll for Mortal Strike. For Squad figures, powers like Poison Weapons would still take effect even if the attack was killed if there is another member of the squad still on the battlefield, since that figure's Army Card would remain in play.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
  • FYORLAG SPIDERS : PREDATOR BONDING
    As a Predator, Kozil may benefit from the Fyorlag Spider's PREDATOR BONDING activiation bonus.
Synergy Benefits Offered
  • N/A
Synergy Imposed
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
- TBA

-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Power Ranking and Master Index
- TBA
Unit Strategy Review
- TBA

Last edited by Astroking112; May 28th, 2019 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Added R&Cs.
Old December 21st, 2018, 11:53 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Kozil

As always, please let me know if I missed anything and I'll add it into the main post. I believe that the Fyorlag Spiders are currently the only synergy, but it's easy to miss things sometimes.
Old December 21st, 2018, 01:35 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Army Ideas Options:
Fyorlag Spiders x3, 4, 5 = 120, 160, 200
Quahon = 190
Sujoah = 185
Kozil = 130
Wyvern x1, 2 = 100, 200
Vencoc Warlord = 120
Estivara/Raelin = 80
Kozil with:
4 x Spiders, 2 x Wyvern = 490
4 x Spiders, Sujoah/Quahon = 475/480
5 x Spiders, Wyvern, Estivara = 510
4 x Spiders, Wyvern, Vencoc Warlord = 510
Old February 11th, 2019, 01:45 AM

BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness

His book simply states he is single-spaced. It may seem obvious, but I'm more than sure he is intended to be a large single; is this correct? He can fit on a small single with his hand off the base, which is the biggest reason I ask.
Old February 11th, 2019, 11:53 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardBeyond View Post
His book simply states he is single-spaced. It may seem obvious, but I'm more than sure he is intended to be a large single; is this correct? He can fit on a small single with his hand off the base, which is the biggest reason I ask.
The hand is intended to go on the base, so a large single is correct.

Every large single-spaced figure has gotten a large base so far except for DW8K, to my knowledge.
Old February 11th, 2019, 12:05 PM

gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby!

For Kozil's "Crushing Grasp 15" ability the wording states "if Kozil attacked a small or medium figure and rolled at least one skull and Kozil is still adjacent to that figure". Since his range is 1 and if he attacks what is the purpose for having "and Kozil is still adjacent to that figure"? It seems irrelevant since I don't not see a scenario where he would attack and not be adjacent.
Old February 11th, 2019, 12:09 PM

BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
The hand is intended to go on the base, so a large single is correct.

Every large single-spaced figure has gotten a large base so far except for DW8K, to my knowledge.
You've been so much help. Thanks a ton. I would postulate that because there was such an exception (same with the somewhat random distribution of large/small peanuts in some circumstances in standard 'scape) it's better to ask than assume the intent, especially since Large bases were the single rarest type until DnD scape changed it so drastically. Makes sense when you considered that Original Heroscape somewhat based its modeling and scale around the bases while DnD scape (after a point) based its bases around its models and their scale.
Old February 11th, 2019, 12:10 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatormustang View Post
For Kozil's "Crushing Grasp 15" ability the wording states "if Kozil attacked a small or medium figure and rolled at least one skull and Kozil is still adjacent to that figure". Since his range is 1 and if he attacks what is the purpose for having "and Kozil is still adjacent to that figure"? It seems irrelevant since I don't not see a scenario where he would attack and not be adjacent.
Some figures, like Deathreavers, Ninjas of the Northern Wind, and Isamu, can move away from figures after they're attacked, and would thus be able to avoid Crushing Grasp.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; February 11th, 2019 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Haha!! I am the faster frog!
Old February 11th, 2019, 12:10 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatormustang View Post
Say it's a Deathreaver, he attacks it, and then it Scatters. Or Isamu, Rygarn, a Ninja of the Northern Wind, a Goblin Cutter, or any other figure that can move after being attacked.

Last edited by superfrog; February 11th, 2019 at 12:22 PM. Reason: boohoo, I am the slower frog :(
Old February 11th, 2019, 12:17 PM

gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks for the explanation, as always C3V/SOV customs are always well thought out with every character facet. Great card just another addition to put on my list.
Old February 11th, 2019, 12:29 PM

I've updated the OP to clarify that the base intended to be used is a large single-hex. Thanks to @BeardBeyond and @superfrog for clarifying that.
Old February 11th, 2019, 04:45 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This whole large base versus regular base thing has me curious. Why would there be any C3V ruling on aesthetics? A peanut base has clear gameplay implications, but this is odd to me. Am I missing something?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs