Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old December 6th, 2018, 01:11 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!
Re: Fantasy Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
As someone who's not too familiar with SoV guidelines, I thought there was a general idea that fantasy units were less likely to be accepted vs non-fantasy units, just based on the number of each. Am I wrong there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Medium fantasy heroes need to be really good because there's been so many of them. This being a large figure at least gives some variance away from that.
I definitely think there is a gap to be bridged for historical units. We have a dearth of them- mostly, I think, because there is a distinct lack of pre-painted historical units.

However, if we nail this unit I think the SoV may at least consider it if it brought something to the table that truly contributed to the game. It may not pass, but let's focus first on creating a quality unit.

I see potential in the sculpt. The danger is to be ham-fisted or to pick the low hanging fruit- neither of which will get past the SoV judges.
Old December 6th, 2018, 01:24 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Boot Camp of Valhalla Reboot -- Interest Check

I think you all may get more enjoyment on not trying to make a SoV acceptable design.
I certainly think you will end up with something more creative. The Kobolds had some really cool ideas that eventually got shot down because everyone knew SoV would never go for it.
Old December 6th, 2018, 02:03 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

They did just come out with a whole bunch of cowboy figures for Heroclix for historical units, but that's neither here nor there.
Old December 6th, 2018, 02:04 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Yeah, I'd be in favour of a fun little community design project that actually allows us to be creative rather than keeping to strict SoV standards and expectations. I'm with Tornado here. There's more to the custom community than VC.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 6th, 2018, 02:13 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I agree with your sentiment, but if it's not intended to produce a Soldier, it's not exactly a Boot Camp anymore.

As one of my friends on this site said recently (in a slightly different context), nobody should ever make designs out of fear that somebody will reject them.

Create a good community custom, and then submit it to the SoV. Worst thing that can happen is it doesn't pass. I don't consider the first BCoV a failure, even though its final product never got the SoV stamp.

The advantage of the SoV end-goal is it gives some people more motivation to participate, and it gives some finality: you have to reach a conclusion and say "we like this version and we're ready for it to be judged".
Old December 6th, 2018, 04:36 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Yeah, I'd be in favour of a fun little community design project that actually allows us to be creative rather than keeping to strict SoV standards and expectations. I'm with Tornado here. There's more to the custom community than VC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I agree with your sentiment, but if it's not intended to produce a Soldier, it's not exactly a Boot Camp anymore.

As one of my friends on this site said recently (in a slightly different context), nobody should ever make designs out of fear that somebody will reject them.

Create a good community custom, and then submit it to the SoV. Worst thing that can happen is it doesn't pass. I don't consider the first BCoV a failure, even though its final product never got the SoV stamp.

The advantage of the SoV end-goal is it gives some people more motivation to participate, and it gives some finality: you have to reach a conclusion and say "we like this version and we're ready for it to be judged".
I truly hope this can be both- a fun project and maybe something the SoV would consider. If I had to err on one side or the other it would be on the side of fun. However, I don't think we have to think of those things as being exclusive of one another. I do think we can get bogged down if everything is passed through the filter of "Would the SoV reject this because of...", on the other hand, keeping things within reach of canon ensures we will make a playable figure.

I definitely want this to be on the fun side as far as a community project goes.
Old December 6th, 2018, 05:25 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Keep it under consideration, perhaps after this round, go for a 'just for fun'.
Personally I like the Spider better.
Old December 7th, 2018, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Keep it under consideration, perhaps after this round, go for a 'just for fun'.
Personally I like the Spider better.
I do think it would be awesome to do a "just for fun" custom so we can tap the limits of our creativity- I am almost drooling at the thought of it.

For now, I will wait for the mini to arrive- which may be a little longer than I thought. I accidentally had it shipped to my old address in Maryland instead of here in Indiana. Thankfully, a friend moved into our old house there so it won't be an issue to have him send me the package. It is just an inconvenient delay.
Old December 8th, 2018, 12:02 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

So, it looks like the options are:

Elven Wolf Rider
Spider of some sort
Potential Cowboy figure (PK brought it up)

Any other suggestions before a poll goes up? I’d be more than happy to run this, as I imagine @superfrog has enough on his plate with C3V/SoV. Unless I’m stepping on toes, of course SF. Just wanna help brotha.

I’ll post a poll by Monday Night. If we go with the Elf and it doesn’t work out for reason XYZ, we can take another poll.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old December 8th, 2018, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
So, it looks like the options are:

Elven Wolf Rider
Spider of some sort
Potential Cowboy figure (PK brought it up)

Any other suggestions before a poll goes up? I’d be more than happy to run this, as I imagine @superfrog has enough on his plate with C3V/SoV. Unless I’m stepping on toes, of course SF. Just wanna help brotha.

I’ll post a poll by Monday Night. If we go with the Elf and it doesn’t work out for reason XYZ, we can take another poll.
Sounds good to me, @flameslayer93 . Thanks for taking the bull by the horns!

If we decide on the elf figure, I should have it by Thursday, maybe Friday, because of my blunder, and I can see how it fits on a base.
Old December 8th, 2018, 05:58 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Thanks, flameslayer. I think you'd be perfect to run this. I'll be glad to just watch
Old December 8th, 2018, 08:00 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Designing a cowboy figure might be difficult without knowing how the upcoming "leader" or common hero from C3V will function, unless we go the Deadeye Dan route and make him a standalone sniper or something.

Personally, I'm more interested in the mounted Elf or spider ideas.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards