Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Notices

Old April 17th, 2020, 09:34 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Gen Con 2020 Whats the over/under ?

The only ones who do not know that Gen Con is not gonna happen is the Gen Con Staff. They have their heads buried in denial aka De Nile

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old April 17th, 2020, 09:56 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama View Post
The only ones who do not know that Gen Con is not gonna happen is the Gen Con Staff. They have their heads buried in denial aka De Nile
I expect that they are doing what they can to collect on insurance policies, if possible, and protect their partners as best as well as they can to preserve relationships, before they make it official.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 18th, 2020, 12:16 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

From today's Indy Star, article about re-opening the State

Conventions may postpone

Chris Gahl, a senior vice president at Visit Indy, hopes conventions will happen in 2020. He said tourism officials are trying to postpone, rather than cancel, as many conventions as possible. It's worth noting that Gen Con, an annual economic powerhouse, is still on for July 30 to Aug. 2.

He said tourism officials are working on safety guidelines but aren't ready to share specifics.

"The conventions and major events we are working with to postpone," he said, "still feel they want to convene in a way that mirrors what they were slated to do pre COVID-19 with some caveats in and around what Indianapolis will be doing to ensure the virus has been taken care of."

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old April 18th, 2020, 02:02 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

A glimmer of hope. I would prefer a little later GC anyway. Cooler weather means hopefully less sweaty gamers.
Old April 18th, 2020, 02:40 PM
Huge Fanboy

I wonder what that does to attendance...well that's the dumbest thing you've ever said, today, Hahn! If they hold it as schd I bet 10,000 out of 60,000 drop out. That takes into account those who are afraid, not judging, those overseas who can't get a flight and exhibitors who say no f u c k ing way am I going to go and get the ULTIMATE version of Con Crud

If you postpone then when is safe. if that's possible, and what days don't cause the bigger conflict? Origins is now the 2nd week of Oct. The NFL has yet to release their schd if the season still happens. I am betting you would not want to be during a Colts home game or during Origins.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old April 18th, 2020, 03:39 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

They have had it during a Colts pre-season game. That was awesome. Colts fans in their blue mingling with gamers in their costumes. Good stuff.
Old April 23rd, 2020, 12:55 PM
Huge Fanboy

So Indiana Black expo summer celebration which is a huge con about two weeks before gencon just cancelled for 2020.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old April 23rd, 2020, 01:00 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

It’s looking Grim...we’ll just have to plan on next year I guess

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old April 23rd, 2020, 01:51 PM
Huge Fanboy

They put his out on their,Black Expo, website

>>> ...includes our responsibility to protect the health and safety of those who attend our traditional community engagement programs and events," the organization wrote in a statement

If feels as if, maybe I'm wrong, that GC Staff cares more about making $$$ than safety.

Sometimes you need to make the tough call, the right call and just do the right thing.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old April 23rd, 2020, 03:13 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama View Post
They put his out on their,Black Expo, website

>>> ...includes our responsibility to protect the health and safety of those who attend our traditional community engagement programs and events," the organization wrote in a statement

If feels as if, maybe I'm wrong, that GC Staff cares more about making $$$ than safety.
I've never gotten that feeling about GC staff. Just the opposite.

I think they're circling the wagons w/r/t insurance claims they can make, and keeping things cool with their financial partners, before they make the announcement. But the announcement is absolutely inevitable, and they know it. They just haven't made it yet.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 23rd, 2020, 04:13 PM
Huge Fanboy

Volunteer staff? yes nice people. Adkinson & Swartout who are the sole shareholders in the company?

Insurance has been thrown around a lot but unless your policy specifically says pandemic you're SOL. No different in your house getting flooded and you don't carry a flood insurance rider.

Maybe they should have canceled earlier and applied for PPP $$$. They would qualify they only have 15 FT employees.

I fraking love going to GC, this would have been number 28? But even I have enough common sense to say it's not worth me getting sick, or spreading it to how many others. it's just irresponsible. But how many nerds, no offense meant, are so die hard that they would go just because...well it's Gen Con. They need to protect those people from themselves.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old April 23rd, 2020, 04:21 PM

Damn, I think you got me beat, I want to say it would have been 25 for me.
Not sure exactly how many I went to in Milwaukee. I think the first was 1987 but I know I missed quite a few, especially towards the end.
Never missed one in Indy though I only went for one day the first year.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con