Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Old February 14th, 2007, 01:39 PM

t1m has disabled reputation
Q9 Special attack

My friend got me into this game, now I own more heroScape sets than he does. =)

:Issue:

I looked for a rule regarding "Special" attacks and "Height Advantage". I seem to recall that it only stated that you get your +1 die if your base is higher than the base of the figure you will be attacking. I do not remember the rule stating that it could only be used on "Normal" attacks, so we have been using it with "Special" attacks too.

:Question:

When using "Major Q9" and the "Special" on this army card, how should we play with "Height Advantage" rules? Major Q9 gets 9 dice. What if the base of my Major Q9 is higher than the base of the figure Major Q9 is attacking? Does Major Q9 get 10 attack dice, or does each attack receive the additional +1 die for the height?

If each attack works with a +1 die, then I would ALWAYS shoot with 1 dice at a time, effectively wielding an attack of 18 dice.

:Closing:

I suppose what I'm hoping for is that someone will tell me that "Height Advantage" does not work with special attacks. I have looked through a good many of the posts here and tried searching also, but returned nothing explaining this combo.

Thank you very much for reading my wordy post,
t1m =)
Old February 14th, 2007, 01:49 PM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation
Page 15 of the 2nd edition rulebook under Special Powers.

Special Attacks can never be modified by glyphs, other special powers, or height advantage.

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old February 14th, 2007, 01:54 PM

rehlers is surprisingly tart
Just an FYI, the defender still rolls an extra dice if he has a height advantage on Q9 when Q9 does a special attack.
Old February 14th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Welcome to the boards, t1m!

On behalf of our unusually smiley'd and #1 community I extend to you a laurel and a hearty handshake.

~Aldin, rolling skulls when he needs shields

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old February 14th, 2007, 02:04 PM

bluekitsune13 has disabled reputation
Also, another thing in case you're wondering, a special attack must have the words "SPECIAL ATTACK" written on the card. Other characters, like Ne Gok Sa's Mind Shackle are special powers, and thus different than special attacks.
Old February 14th, 2007, 02:15 PM

t1m has disabled reputation
awesome. thank you.

Thank you very much for the warm welcome. Thank you, also, for the expedient replies. =)

I was downstairs this morning testing Q9 against other figures. I had to stop because I did not understand the rule in question.

Silly me though, I should have figured there would be more rules when the "Second Edition" was released. I'm going to have to grab a cup of java and download the PDF and get to reading before my old lady comes home and tries to kill me with her dragon queen.

Once again, thank you very much.
t1m =)
Old February 14th, 2007, 02:45 PM

Tholarthemag has disabled reputation
Hey, don't feel bad. I read these boards for months before I realized there was a 2nd edition MS. I kept reading about this rule says this and this rule reads that, and I said what the heck? Also you won't believe how obsessed these guys are with sparkly water in the first set. If you're savvy you can trade sparkly water hexes for anything. I also will extend a welcome to the boards and a little jealousy that you can get your wife to play. Mine is happy that I have a "little hobby" that gets me and my 2 year old downstairs out of her hair for awhile. HS is still cheaper than golf!
(Not by much).

Braxas can be killed by peanut butter.
Old February 14th, 2007, 05:44 PM
Arbiter of Peace

Ketch is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tholarthemag
Hey, don't feel bad. I read these boards for months before I realized there was a 2nd edition MS. I kept reading about this rule says this and this rule reads that, and I said what the heck? Also you won't believe how obsessed these guys are with sparkly water in the first set. If you're savvy you can trade sparkly water hexes for anything. I also will extend a welcome to the boards and a little jealousy that you can get your wife to play. Mine is happy that I have a "little hobby" that gets me and my 2 year old downstairs out of her hair for awhile. HS is still cheaper than golf!
(Not by much).
I have 5 sets of sparkly water..
I got them all when I got master sets.. no paying big for them.
I do like them, but would people really trade anything for them?

::Nathan Hoel::
Old February 17th, 2007, 03:18 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tholarthemag
(Not by much).
I have 5 sets of sparkly water..
I got them all when I got master sets.. no paying big for them.
I do like them, but would people really trade anything for them?
I'll trade you solid water for them.
Old February 19th, 2007, 09:11 AM

Tholarthemag has disabled reputation
Sorry, to respond so late ketch. But yeah, ask around. Some of these guys love the sparkly. I've traded for some figs I didn't have before. Be warned however, the plain water is really plain. It definitely doesn't look as cool as the sparkly. But, if your'e like me, I didn't care so much.[/quote]

Braxas can be killed by peanut butter.
Old April 8th, 2020, 06:06 PM

Zanile is surprisingly tart
Re: Q9 Special attack

Another question on Major Q9's special attack. If he attacks the same target each time, does the unit re-roll defense dice for each attack?
Old April 8th, 2020, 06:21 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: Q9 Special attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanile View Post
Another question on Major Q9's special attack. If he attacks the same target each time, does the unit re-roll defense dice for each attack?
You rang?

Each attack is a separate attack and therefore is met with a separate defense roll.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's