Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old January 23rd, 2019, 09:43 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Shadow Lass - DESIGN STAGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Actually, it still needs half of the suggested tweak. Otherwise my Cyclops in Darkfield can't target anyone, but can be targeted by your Cyclops outside of the Darkfield. It should block affected figures from line of sight.
I'm not following you here.

Are you referring to this update?
Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
DARKFIELD CAST
Start the game with 4 glyphs of Darkfield on this card. At the beginning of the round after rolling for initiative, you may place 1 glyph of Darkfield on an empty space within 4 spaces of Shadow Lass.

GLYPH OF DARKFIELD
All spaces within 3 spaces of this glyph are considered shadow spaces. Any figure moving onto these spaces must end their movement immediately. All figures on these spaces subtract 2 from their Attack, and Defense Numbers, to a minimum of 1 and cannot be targeted by or use attacks or special powers that require clear sight. At the end of the round, add 1 wound to Energy Constructs within 3 spaces of this glyph, then remove this glyph from the battlefield. Figures with the Radar Sense or Shroud of Darkness special power are not affected by this glyph.

"All figures on these spaces subtract 2 from their Attack, and Defense Numbers, to a minimum of 1 and cannot be targeted by or use attacks or special powers that require clear sight."
Old January 23rd, 2019, 02:54 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Actually, it still needs half of the suggested tweak. Otherwise my Cyclops in Darkfield can't target anyone, but can be targeted by your Cyclops outside of the Darkfield. It should block affected figures from line of sight.
I'm not following you here.

Are you referring to this update?
Quote:
DARKFIELD CAST
Start the game with 4 glyphs of Darkfield on this card. At the beginning of the round after rolling for initiative, you may place 1 glyph of Darkfield on an empty space within 4 spaces of Shadow Lass.

GLYPH OF DARKFIELD
All spaces within 3 spaces of this glyph are considered shadow spaces. Any figure moving onto these spaces must end their movement immediately. All figures on these spaces subtract 2 from their Attack, and Defense Numbers, to a minimum of 1 and cannot be targeted by or use attacks or special powers that require clear sight. At the end of the round, add 1 wound to Energy Constructs within 3 spaces of this glyph, then remove this glyph from the battlefield. Figures with the Radar Sense or Shroud of Darkness special power are not affected by this glyph.

"All figures on these spaces subtract 2 from their Attack, and Defense Numbers, to a minimum of 1 and cannot be targeted by or use attacks or special powers that require clear sight."
Nailed it on the first try!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old January 24th, 2019, 08:34 PM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

SP updated. What's the next phase? CRB?
Old January 25th, 2019, 01:52 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
SP updated. What's the next phase? CRB?
Yeah, the CRB is next. There is a checklist you can run first as a quick check to see if there's anything concerning, but I'd skip that and just call em in, since you're looking at clear sight denial and stat subtraction stuff, which tends to be of interest to them.
Old January 25th, 2019, 02:40 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

The Darkfield glyph feels fairly bananas. The clear sight denial is fine. The stat debuff is really powerful but since it hits both ways it's not ridiculous. But the biggest sticking point for me is the movement-ending effect over a massive 3 space radius.

If you drop this glyph next to a non-flying figure that took a bunch of OMs (or you throw a figure onto/next to this glyph) then you can shut them down for the entire round. Then just do it again at the start of the next round. Being able to just tar-pit an enemy for four rounds feels quite excessive. No, you can't damage them while they're stuck in the darkfield, but you can murder your opponent's efficiency by putting one of their key figures in there.

This figure also works really well passively, as the glyph placement does not require OMs or even activations. Really, she's probably better outside of a Legionnaire build, just in a build that has the ability to move her around (Angel, MM1, etc).
Old January 25th, 2019, 03:01 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I'd kind of prefer it if she needed to place the Darkfield on her own turn. Then builds that give mulitiple activations she can be part of (i.e. Legion) hopefully become more enticing than 'Scissor-y douche' builds.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 25th, 2019, 03:03 PM

Thanks @dok . I agree with your assessment about the movement. I really only wanted it to reduce the movement by 2 also. But it was thought that that becomes too confusing when only part of the movement is within these spaces. I'll just drop the movement part altogether.
BTW, you did realise that Shadow Lass and the likes of Daredevil aren't affected by the glyph and as such can damage figures in the glyphs affected area? Well that's my intent, let me know if you don't think the wording matches this intent. Just pointing that out now as i didn't want any later misunderstandings about it's intent or power level.

Cheers
Old January 25th, 2019, 03:27 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

That wasn't totally clear to me, no. It doesn't really change my opinion on the figure too much, though.
Old January 25th, 2019, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
I'd kind of prefer it if she needed to place the Darkfield on her own turn. Then builds that give mulitiple activations she can be part of (i.e. Legion) hopefully become more enticing than 'Scissor-y douche' builds.
I think it needs to be active for a whole turn for her to be of value though. But i understand what you are saying. What about if the activation is the same but it requires her to have an OM on her card?

Quote:
DARKFIELD CAST
Start the game with 4 glyphs of Darkfield on this card. At the beginning of the round after rolling for initiative, if there is at least one Order Maker on this card, you may place 1 glyph of Darkfield on an empty space within 4 spaces of Shadow Lass.
Another thought i had to make her more compatible with Legion builds over non- Legion builds is:
Quote:
Start the game with 3 glyphs of Darkfield on this card. If you draft at least 2 other Legionnaires, add once additional glyph of Darkfield to this card...
Old January 25th, 2019, 03:47 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I'm in favor of an additional condition to place the glyphs or some sort of condition that makes them work. Here's a new idea:

Quote:
While Shadow Lass is in play, Glyphs of Darkfield have no effect unless there is at least one Order Marker on this card.

Not sure how to word it or if the thematics really make sense, but the idea would be to limit the glyphs' activation time through Shadow Lass and not the glyph itself.

I'm a fan of promoting Legionnaire builds in a subtle way like what you suggested above. It's synergy but not enough so to box her out of general builds.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old January 26th, 2019, 03:23 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

If you want to reduce movement through the 'shadow zone' without doing the full stop why not just word it like how heavy snow and slippery ice are? 'All spaces within 3 spaces of this glyph are considered Shadow spaces and figures moving on those spaces count each hex as two spaces when moving' or something like that.

On the 'considered Shadow spaces part' does that mean the spaces add defense like real Shadow spaces? Do the spaces not do so for figures that are not affected by the glyph?

I tend to agree with Lazy that she'd be pushed more towards Legion builds if she had to take a turn to place a glyph. Even the version requiring an OM on her card probably does more to push her further away from the Legion than pull her closer. There's still plenty of value to the power even if it needs a turn, if anything it might have a bit more value for the Legion since she could use the power more defensively*.

* Forex, take a turn with Explosive Diarrhea Boy or whoever and attack with a ranged attack, Shadow Lass gets a turn through Cosmic Dude and covers EDBoy with the shadow to block return fire. That kinda thing.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old January 26th, 2019, 06:38 AM

Thanks @Soundwarp SG-1 .

You have convinced me. (Dok & Lazy helped )

So what about this, to take Soundwarp's idea's a little further...:

Quote:
DARKFIELD CAST
Start the game with 3 glyphs of Darkfield on this card. If you draft at least 2 other Legionnaires, add one additional glyph of Darkfield to this card. At any point before, during or after her movement, as long as Shadow Lass is on a space where she could end her movement, you may place 1 glyph of Darkfield on an empty space within 4 spaces of Shadow Lass.

FLYING SYMBOL

GLYPH OF DARKFIELD
All spaces within 3 spaces of this glyph are considered shadow spaces but do not provide a defensive bonus and figures moving on those spaces count each hex as two spaces when moving. All figures on these spaces subtract 2 from their Attack, and Defense Numbers, to a minimum of 1 and cannot be targeted by or use attacks or special powers that require clear sight. At the end of the round, add 1 wound to Energy Constructs within 3 spaces of this glyph, then remove this glyph from the battlefield. Figures with the Radar Sense or Shroud of Darkness special power are not affected by this
Does that take care of all concerns?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library