Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old September 30th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Design Team Props Thread

I am making this thread because once again (with the release of Siege) we have been shown what an amazing contribution the current design team has done for Heroscape. This has been a challenging period for many Heroscape fans, with both the uncertainty on the future of Heroscape period, the shift to DnD, Heroscape disappearing from most Walmarts, and a complete uncertainty regarding any possible return to "Classic" Heroscape.

Because of all these things, there have been many contentious arguments about the game we all love. Yes, we are only getting fantasy units right now. Yes, some (but by no means all) of them are of lower quality than we are used to, yes, the reusing of DnD minis has directly affected the content of the last several waves.

These are all things that have raised the ire of many a fan and turned 'Scaper against 'Scaper. However, despite how we feel about these changes, regardless of how much we wish things might be otherwise, there is one thing I feel most if not all of us can agree on. The job the design team has done.

Since Wave 9 (forgive me if the current design team started earlier) we have had some of the most diverse, interesting, and "meta" game changing figures came out. They have had to deal with limited figure selection, vagaries of DnD rules, and they have repeatedly came out on top. I think they have not only done a good job but have gone so much above and beyond, taking something that could have easily became a disaster and turning it into a great thing. Their love for the game is plain for anyone to see and the work they have put in designing some of the most interesting units is clear. So I say to the design team - Great work and we do truly appreciate everything you have done and given to keep this game not only alive, but thriving. Thank you so much for making this game better and better and I can only say I thank from my heart and my son thanks you as well!

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old September 30th, 2010, 10:30 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: Design Team Props Thread

QFT*

*Without the quote since it's not necessary to re-post it.

-insert signature here-
Old September 30th, 2010, 10:38 AM

CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker

My previous experience isn't massive, but I think the never units are some of the most thematic and fun in the game.

CRC

CRC's Maps: please consider using one of my maps. I'd love the feedback.

Old September 30th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnRedChops View Post
My previous experience isn't massive, but I think the never units are some of the most thematic and fun in the game.

CRC
Yep. I love those Dreadguls.

Seriously, thank you again Design Team.
Old September 30th, 2010, 11:39 AM

CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Quote:

CRC
Yep. I love those Dreadguls.

Seriously, thank you again Design Team.
By 'never' units, I obviously meant the 'We of the never never' ones.

Dreadguls? Pshaw!

CRC

CRC's Maps: please consider using one of my maps. I'd love the feedback.

Old September 30th, 2010, 11:58 AM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I absolutely agree with every word of the OP (well, maybe with the exception of "they have repeatedly came out on top," but that's just the grammar nerd in me).

It does seem like, with the release of wave 9, the powers given to the figures in each successive release are increasingly fresh and innovative. Keep up the great work, guys!

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old September 30th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!

Yeah the figures have been really great lately. They've been pushing the boundaries in great ways. I've also noticed that the power level of the units seems to be much more consistent than it was in the past. There have been very few killer-good or really bad units and almost of them are all within the viable but not dominating range. This means that of the units we get, a larger percentage of them are regularly playable than in the past, which also means we are getting more value for our purchases. Great job!
Old September 30th, 2010, 12:37 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
QFT*

DITTO

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old September 30th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I thought D2 was the best single wave this game has seen. I'm excited by what we've seen from D3 so far and major kudos to the design team.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 30th, 2010, 12:57 PM

Sokol knows what's in an order marker Sokol knows what's in an order marker

I tenth that! Way to go design team!

One Game to rule them all, One Game to find them,
One Game to bring them all and in their wallets bind them
In the Land of Valhalla where the Valkyrie lie.
Old September 30th, 2010, 02:10 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
My previous experience isn't massive, but I think the newer units are some of the most thematic and fun in the game.

CRC

With that correction, I fully agree with CRC.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old September 30th, 2010, 06:39 PM

Freezie knows what's in an order marker Freezie knows what's in an order marker Freezie knows what's in an order marker

It's been said elsewhere, but this seems the place to bring it up again...someone make a "Design Team is AMAZING!!!" smiley

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion