Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old March 22nd, 2022, 08:34 PM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The Book of D.Va (Pilot)

The Book of D.Va (Pilot)

C3G DARK HORSE PUBLIC EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION 35
INTO THE DARK

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a modified Heroclix figure from the Ultimates set.
Its model number and name are #025-027 / Black Widow.

The figure used for this unit is a modified Heroclix figure from the Ultimates set.
Its model number and name are #209 / Natasha Romanova.

The figure used for this unit is a modified Heroclix figure from the Armor Wars Battle Pack set.
Its model number and name are #2-08 / Black Widow.

Tutorial on how to paint/modify this figure. + D.Va reference.

Character Bio - "D.Va is a former professional gamer who now uses her skills to pilot a state-of-the-art mech in defense of her homeland. She is a very competitive individual, and coupled with her pro-gamer skills, this makes her an extremely effective mech pilot. Never backing down, D.Va always plays to win. While she projects a carefree, irreverant attitude, D.Va is burdened by the emotional cost of defending her homeland, and the facade the South Korean media projects on her.

In addition to skills as a mech pilot, D.Va is also a competent mechanic." -Overwatch Wiki

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • The Overwatch: MEKA Pilot power allows D.Va to choose a Large Hana Song figure to be her Mech.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Splash; July 27th, 2022 at 03:19 PM.
Old March 22nd, 2022, 08:37 PM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of D.Va (Pilot) - Design Phase

NAME = D.VA
SECRET IDENTITY = HANA SONG

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = PILOT
PERSONALITY = COMPETITIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 3

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 65

OVERWATCH: MEKA PILOT
You may draft one other Hana Song that is Large. For the remainder of the game, that figure is considered to be D.Va's Mech. If you do, D.Va starts the game on this card. Add 1 to her Mech's Life number. When her Mech is destroyed, immediately place D.Va on any unoccupied space within 3 spaces of her Mech's original placement, and move all markers other than Wound Markers on her Mech’s card to this card.

NERF THIS!
After D.Va's Mech is destroyed, instead of removing it from the battlefield, you may activate Nerf This!. If you do, D.Va's Mech cannot move, roll any dice, take turns, use any special powers or glyphs, and is considered an obstacle instead of a figure. At the end of this round, you may immediately move D.Va up to 3 spaces then roll 3 unblockable attack dice against each figure within 3 clear sight spaces of her Mech, one at a time. After rolling for Nerf This!, remove D.Va’s Mech from the battlefield.

PLAY TO WIN
After D.Va or a friendly Unique Hero takes a turn, you may choose an opponent's figure within 5 clear sight spaces of D.Va that was attacked by that Hero this turn and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 12 or higher, the defending figure receives 1 wound.

Original draft:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Skinderella; June 20th, 2022 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Added Bats' change to Nerf This!.
Old March 22nd, 2022, 08:38 PM

Re: The Book of D.Va (Pilot) - Breathing

Art:
Spoiler Alert!

Mini photos:
Spoiler Alert!

Background:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Skinderella; June 17th, 2022 at 02:37 PM.
Old March 22nd, 2022, 08:50 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Hype! Here's how I'd divide the powers (making minimal mechanical changes.)
Quote:
You may draft a Large figure with the identity of Hana Song. If you do, this D.Va does not start the game on the battlefield. Instead of taking a turn with this D.Va, you may take a turn with your Large Hana.

CALL MEKA
When a Large Hana Song you control is destroyed, place this D.Va on any unoccupied space within 3 spaces of your Large Hana's original placement. While this D.Va is on the battlefield, at the end of each round and each time D.Va inflicts at least 1 wound on an opponent's figure, place a Pink MEKA Marker on this Army Card. Before taking a turn with this D.Va, if there are 3 MEKA Markers on this card, you may remove all Wound Markers and MEKA Markers from your D.Va cards and switch her with your Large Hana. Figures moved by this special power do not take any leaving engagement attacks.

OVERWATCH: NERF THIS!
Once per game, instead of attacking with your Large D.Va, or if your Large D.Va would be destroyed, you may instead use Nerf This!. Roll 3 unblockable attack dice against each figure within 3 clear sight spaces of D.Va, one at a time. After using Nerf This!, place 3 MEKA Markers on this card and destroy your Large D.Va.
I think there's a lot of merit to having one "here's what happens when the mech is on the battlefield" power and one "here's what happens when the pilot is on the battlefield power.

I think we need to be consistent about calling out Large Hana Songs vs. Large D.Vas. In some instances you had one, in some instances you had the other. I also think the drafting portion doesn't need to have a class requirement? Assuming there's no massive lore shakeup, 'Large Hana Song' is probably a perfectly suitable callout to reference mech D.Va.

(I also switched the Overwatch tag to the first power just cause that felt cleaner to me personally?)

On design tweaks, I'd lean towards scrapping this segment:
Quote:
at the end of each round and each time D.Va inflicts at least 1 wound on an opponent's figure, place a Pink MEKA Marker on this Army Card
and have her just gain a MEKA Marker every time she attacks an opponent's figure. That keeps her from totally camping I think, while also not making it frustrating for the D.Va player when they're blasting away at Ben Grimm and not dealing any damage.

I've also mentioned dropping the 'instead of attacking' trigger on Nerf This, but I'm willing to see how that plays out in practice!
Old March 23rd, 2022, 06:11 AM

Thank you! That split up of the powers looks good. I think I went off of Phoenix for the powers originally so had stuck the mech destruction on the top power.

You're right on the consistency, I believe I edited the design to address that not long after submitting because I noticed they were inconsistent (sorry if I shouldn't have done so). Would it be best to address mech D.Va as "Large Hana", or "Large D.Va"?

I'm leaning a bit more towards the Overwatch tag on Nerf This! rather than MEKA Pilot, though not overly fussed. My only concern would be if another MEKA character got designed and wanted that power too, but it's such a long shot to prepare for incase 1) A good mini turned up for the other MEKA characters. 2) They became Overwatch members which is very unlikely. 3) There was interest in designing them.

That change to MEKA marker gain is good. That's probably the only part of her whole kit I'm unsure about incase it feels like she never gets the mech back during a game.

I'm fond of some option to use Nerf This! on your turn. Sure it's a more niche use of the power, but it'll have it's uses. Definitely worth cutting if it's never really used there though.

There is a potential scenario where, if you have a two turn bonder, you could take a turn with her, use it, and then take a turn with the Pilot to bring it back and take another turn with the mech. Don't think she works with any two turn bonders though.
Old March 23rd, 2022, 11:20 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I’ll post some feedback here in a bit but you should link this thread in the places mentioned in the How to LD thread and tag the Heroes that aren’t me so that everyone knows this has started.
Old March 23rd, 2022, 11:41 AM

You're right sorry, forgot to do that last night. Will do so now!

EDIT: Done!
Old March 23rd, 2022, 04:09 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Few things:
You can drop the "second post" and the quotes from the SP. It should just contain the design and nothing else.

Meka Ejection: I think the first line should just be "You may draft one large Unique Hero that also has the identity of Hana Song to be her [Mech]." No need for the pilot bit or even the name honestly just incase Hana gets another mech at some point. Change the Mech term there to whatever and you can reference it in the other powers and probably clean up the wording more. This pilot could work with both. Then it should be like: While D.Va is not on the battlefield and not destroyed, if another figure you control with the identity of Hana Song is destroyed, immediately place this figure on any empty space within 3 spaces of the space previously occupied by that figure.

Call Meka: Not sure what the first line is doing, but by default you don't take turns with figures that are not on the battlefield. I think it might be cleaner just to add OM save to the first power and it would probably make more sense.

We don't use Whilst on cards

Not sure why you would suddenly remove all wound markers from this card when switching, I worry that will make her a bit too strong. I'd word it more like so: "Before taking a turn with D.Va, if there are 3 MEKA Markers on this card, you may remove all wound markers from the Army Card of your other figure with the identity of Hana Song and all MEKA Markers from this card and switch the two figures."

Nerf This: Not sure it needs to require clear sight on the power since it's a large explosion, but it's also a powerful effect to get to do something like that for free when destroyed. I struggle to see why you would ever give up her attack for it. I'd probably just let the power trigger after an opponent takes a turn or maybe even moves a figure. Cause you can totally wait for an opponent to charge you in the game before using Nerf This and I think D.Va should always have to choose to use it. It's not something that happens whenever she gets KOed.

---------------

Anyways that's my ramble, my wording is still not perfect yet since things are in flux I don't wanna work on that too much, but hopefully this gives you some ideas to streamline.

Last edited by tcglkn; March 23rd, 2022 at 04:48 PM.
Old March 24th, 2022, 09:13 AM

Second post was only typed there because it wouldn't let me post the design in a quote and not have additional text. Not sure why, but hey ho. I'll delete it and see if it lets me save it.

All the figures that have this "draft a second figure with the same identity" kind of power have different wording, so wasn't sure how to word it. How does this look? We could swap around the destroyed part with the turn part if it looks cleaner.
Quote:
You may draft one other Hana Song that is Large. For the remainder of the game, that figure is considered to be D.Va's Mech. D.Va starts the game on this card. When D.Va's Mech is destroyed, place D.Va on any unoccupied space within 3 spaces of her Mech's original placement.
Beast Boy, Hank Pym, and Venom (Symbiote) can take turns whilst not on the battlefield. I'm fine with an OM moving / save power, but this seemed to take up less card space and it's been done before.

I had all wounds removed from the Pilot since that's what happens in-game and game accuracy seemed to be a common desire in the mech design. We can remove it, but I'm not sure it's really that strong on a 3 Life, 3 Defense figure. If we added the mech wording, it could look like this:
Quote:
CALL MEKA
Instead of taking a turn with D.Va, you may take a turn with her Mech. Whilst D.Va is on the battlefield, at the end of each round and after D.Va attacks an opponent's figure, place a Pink MEKA Marker on this Army Card. Before taking a turn with D.Va, if there are 3 MEKA Markers on this card, you may remove all Wound Markers and MEKA Markers from your Hana Song cards and switch her with her Mech. Figures moved by this special power do not take any leaving engagement attacks.
Depends how accurate we want it compared to the game, but it requires line of sight in Overwatch. You could give up your attack for it if the mech is low and you can fly her into a bunch of enemies, since most of the time she's going to be so close to her team that she'll catch them in the blast. A common tactic in Overwatch is to fly D.Va upwards and immediately use the self destruct, so D.Va comes out of the mech but the mech continues flying.

It can be used in-game when the mech is destroyed and is one of the most common times to use it. You can activate it as the de-mech alert pops up on your screen and you're in the animation of de-meching. In the animated short, it's used when the omnic has coiled around the mech and practically destroyed it. Obviously it shouldn't happen everytime she's destroyed, but that's why it's once per game.
Old March 24th, 2022, 09:32 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinderella View Post
Second post was only typed there because it wouldn't let me post the design in a quote and not have additional text. Not sure why, but hey ho. I'll delete it and see if it lets me save it.
Ah yeah, you don't need to have the design in quotes. I went ahead and edited to our normal format for you.

Quote:
All the figures that have this "draft a second figure with the same identity" kind of power have different wording, so wasn't sure how to word it. How does this look? We could swap around the destroyed part with the turn part if it looks cleaner.
Beast Boy, Hank Pym, and Venom (Symbiote) can take turns whilst not on the battlefield. I'm fine with an OM moving / save power, but this seemed to take up less card space and it's been done before.
I think that's really good. I'm personally in favor of the take turns thing, but Beast Boy etc. may not have our most current wording.

Quote:
You could give up your attack for it if the mech is low and you can fly her into a bunch of enemies, since most of the time she's going to be so close to her team that she'll catch them in the blast.
I think the issue me and Tickle are having is this...you take a turn with D.Va and move her into optimal self-destruct position. You now have 2 options.
1) Trade out your attack to self-destruct with D.Va.
2) Attack with D.Va like normal. Your opponent now has to waste attacks taking out D.Va, at which point you may self-destruct D.Va for free.

Option 2 may give the enemy some time to reposition and avoid the blast, but you also get the massive benefit of D.Va's attack and wasting opponent's action. And if the enemy doesn't/can't take D.Va out, you get even more chances to take turns with D.Va or maybe even pop off an additional Defense Matrix or Micro Missiles.

It just has near the same damage potential (catching maybe 1 extra figure in your explosion vs. getting attacks in) while also forcing your opponent to do stuff and giving you more flexibility going forward.
Old March 24th, 2022, 09:41 AM
Tickle Pickle

Quote:
You don't need the quotes either

Quote:
It can be used in-game when the mech is destroyed and is one of the most common times to use it. You can activate it as the de-mech alert pops up on your screen and you're in the animation of de-meching. In the animated short, it's used when the omnic has coiled around the mech and practically destroyed it. Obviously it shouldn't happen everytime she's destroyed, but that's why it's once per game.
Just in practice, I can think of very few times I would use it instead of attacking with the mech instead of just waiting for her to get destroyed.

Also not sure how once per game powers work with figures that get destroyed by later come back. I know in games like Magic the Gathering, those things get reset when they leave and come back. I think it would be very easy to argue that she can use the once per game power again after being resurrected.
Old March 24th, 2022, 10:05 AM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Also not sure how once per game powers work with figures that get destroyed by later come back. I know in games like Magic the Gathering, those things get reset when they leave and come back. I think it would be very easy to argue that she can use the once per game power again after being resurrected.
Fwiw, we've never ruled it like that. Heroscape takes things very literal, so I'd assume 'once per game' has always meant 'once per game.' I think there's some historical backbone there too, since the grandpappy of all 'once per game' powers, the Airborne Elite Grenade even comes with a physical marker you have to remove to use it. (And classic did have the Glyph of Sturla, which could revive figures.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library