Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old August 11th, 2014, 06:09 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: HyGroundTiles- 3D printing custom terrain

I see this is in the latest e-mail from Gen-Con. How did you pull that off?
Will you have a spot in the Exhibition Hall or some sort of demo?
Best of luck. The tiles look amazing.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 11th, 2014, 07:58 PM

Brease is surprisingly tart

Hey Tornado,
We got in contact with Gen Con and Yeah we DID manage to pull that off! Unfortunately we won't be able to attend Gen Con though... We will have an ad in the program, that they hand out, about our project in hopes to get the word out. We will have a booth at the Salt Lake City - Comic Con and will have a our 3D Terrain Tiles setup there. That will be exciting to talk with people there at that event! and thanks again!
Old August 11th, 2014, 08:27 PM

ScottyZ is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brease View Post
Hey Tornado,
We got in contact with Gen Con and Yeah we DID manage to pull that off! Unfortunately we won't be able to attend Gen Con though... We will have an ad in the program, that they hand out, about our project in hopes to get the word out. We will have a booth at the Salt Lake City - Comic Con and will have a our 3D Terrain Tiles setup there. That will be exciting to talk with people there at that event! and thanks again!
Well, it will be quite a sacrifice but if you set me up with a couple thousand dollars of product I'll go represent at GenCon for you. I already have tables and that grid wall stuff with shelves and lighting, just need a banner and we'll be all set. Let me know and I'll PM you my shipping address.

My custom Units and Terrain (coming soon).
Old August 11th, 2014, 09:22 PM

Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby!

I have, geez, thousands of dollars worth of basic terrain equivalents, if I was going to sell my existing 'scape and purchase Hyground replacements.

I'm much more interested in adding the new specialized environment pieces to my existing 'scape. If an "add-on only" pledge materialized, and VC were to officialize a given set or sets... it could put a serious hurtin' on my game budget.

No pledge yet, though. I really hope they hit their goal, regardless!

Eagerly awaiting March of 2017 & August of 2019, when my little Grimnaks achieve the recommended minimum age for Master Rules...
Old August 13th, 2014, 01:57 AM

We have been listening to what you guys want, so we created some new pledge levels where you can pick the type of tiles you want. Starting with a sampler pledge level at $19 and a build your own base set where you pick the types of terrain you want in a custom base set.
Old August 13th, 2014, 02:14 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

That sampler pledge definitely has my attention - I can see myself getting some of that cracked mud... or maybe some water. You can never have too much water.
Old August 13th, 2014, 08:08 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
That sampler pledge definitely has my attention - I can see myself getting some of that cracked mud... or maybe some water. You can never have too much water.
I have too much water. Not that I want to get rid of it, just could never use it all unless I built a 4x8 water world map.

The things I want probably won't even come close to being reached in the stretch goals, if the project even funds. I really like the tree fort/bridge set and the ice cave, but they are way down the list. But I guess my main problem is my average cost per hex of Heroscape tiles is $ .064 (it's not like I keep a spreadsheet or something ) with 10k+ of hexes in inventory and that makes paying ~$1 or more per hex tough. So I would probably only ever buy the "special" terrain features. I do hope they make it though.
Old August 13th, 2014, 10:08 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

@Brease : you should add a link to the Kickstarter in your signature.

Edit: Also, I really like the look of the Tree Fort. If that funds, and we get to see some sort of demo on how it might work with existing Heroscape tiles, we would definitely consider it for a HoSS Ewok Village scenario.
Old August 13th, 2014, 10:28 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
@Brease : you should add a link to the Kickstarter in your signature.

Edit: Also, I really like the look of the Tree Fort. If that funds, and we get to see some sort of demo on how it might work with existing Heroscape tiles, we would definitely consider it for a HoSS Ewok Village scenario.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old August 14th, 2014, 05:49 PM

As many people have asked, here are a couple pictures of hyground stacking on top of heroscape tiles. HyGround tiles are slightly larger than the scape tiles but we suggest you simply bridge between the two types of tiles. Our tiles work perfectly well with the Heroscape game but since our tiles are of a difference size (which we had to do to eliminate IP infringement risk) they don't integrate directly. You can stack a small group of HyGround Tiles on HS tiles and build up from there but not the other way around. Since they are a little larger they don't stack more than a few sideways...

Check out our Chasm Mat Add-on to see one way you can bridge to the HS tiles.

Old August 14th, 2014, 06:07 PM

Old August 14th, 2014, 06:16 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

@Brease , The three-hex line of mud caps at the back of the table makes it look like you could have a 7-hex circular group of HyGround tiles on a level HeroScape plane and it would fit, but barely. Is that right?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion