Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old February 12th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Looking for a ka-tet

Sonlen4MVP is surprisingly tart
Re: The Book of Othkurik the Black Dragon

I thought this guy looked really interesting the other day and I decided to build a 500 point team around him.

Deathreavers x 2 = 80
Marrden Hounds x 2 = 180
Othkurik = 140
Raelin (ROTV) = 80
Marcu Esenwien (filler) = 20
------------------------------
500 total

This team has worked really well for me if I lead out with the rats tying up as many figures as possible. I then proceed with the hounds who work really well with the rats because their plague doesn't work on soulborgs and if the opposition is spreading out its pretty easy to find adjaceny to atleast 2 with the hounds due to their size. I also like to keep Raelin close enough to the rats/hounds to increase their defense to 6 and 7. I feel this allows me to breath acid on my own troops without the worry of losing them everytime. I feel like this is a very fun team to play.
Old February 12th, 2010, 10:24 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonlen4MVP View Post
I feel this allows me to breath acid on my own troops without the worry of losing them everytime. I feel like this is a very fun team to play.
Just so you know, you don't have to attack your own figures. It says you MAY choose two figures etc...

But Raelin never hurts!
Old February 12th, 2010, 10:26 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
I feel this allows me to breath acid on my own troops without the worry of losing them everytime. I feel like this is a very fun team to play.
Just so you know, you don't have to attack your own figures. It says you MAY choose two figures etc...

But Raelin never hurts!
I think he's referring to the Rats acting as the links. They spread their guys, so there are empty spaces between their figures. Rats fill those, gaps. You shoot a rat with Lil' Blacky, and that rat is adjacent to two enemies.
Old February 12th, 2010, 10:32 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscape Elffy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:

But Raelin never hurts!
I think he's referring to the Rats acting as the links. They spread their guys, so there are empty spaces between their figures. Rats fill those, gaps. You shoot a rat with Lil' Blacky, and that rat is adjacent to two enemies.
Ah! Gotcha!
Old February 13th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Our esteemed Grishnak has brought up an interesting concern about Othkurik. His sculp with it's bent neck positioning, creates visibility issues for Lil Blacky.

I will be consulting with the rules team. Until we have an official sighting answer, perhaps just use the dragon's neck spines as a sighting point.
Has there been any official word on this yet?
I thought you didn't have to worry about facing and figures could look through most of their bodies, with a few exceptions. That's why we ended up with questions about Mimring looking through his own wings and such right?

So shouldn't Othkurik be able to look through his bent neck?
For meele attacks facing doesn't matter, but ranged attacks always have to have LOS. Single spaced figures can be rotated during your turn so facing doesn't matter for them as long as they can get LOS and still be centered on the hex.
Ok, but doesn't the pictorial for Mimring's fireline special attack show him able to launch the line behind him (been a while since I looked at it)?

And didn't Swarm of the Marro rulebooklet say that flipping a 2 space figure's facing on its turn was a free action?
Old February 13th, 2010, 04:23 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Our esteemed Grishnak has brought up an interesting concern about Othkurik. His sculp with it's bent neck positioning, creates visibility issues for Lil Blacky.

I will be consulting with the rules team. Until we have an official sighting answer, perhaps just use the dragon's neck spines as a sighting point.
Has there been any official word on this yet?
I thought you didn't have to worry about facing and figures could look through most of their bodies, with a few exceptions. That's why we ended up with questions about Mimring looking through his own wings and such right?

So shouldn't Othkurik be able to look through his bent neck?
For meele attacks facing doesn't matter, but ranged attacks always have to have LOS. Single spaced figures can be rotated during your turn so facing doesn't matter for them as long as they can get LOS and still be centered on the hex.
Ok, but doesn't the pictorial for Mimring's fireline special attack show him able to launch the line behind him (been a while since I looked at it)?

And didn't Swarm of the Marro rulebooklet say that flipping a 2 space figure's facing on its turn was a free action?
1. Yes. He's special.

2. No. It's any time during that figure's move. Technically, by the time you declare your attack, that figure's move phase is over.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old February 13th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencerjared View Post
2. No. It's any time during that figure's move. Technically, by the time you declare your attack, that figure's move phase is over.
But that sounds like only nitpicking would ever create a problem.

If someone moves a figure, declares he wants to attack my guy, then says "oh wait, he can't really see him, but he can if I flip him," I'm not going to be a d-bag and say "Dude, you declared attack phase, no can do, hurr hurr."
Old February 13th, 2010, 04:47 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Just because you've moved your last space, doesn't mean your move "phase" is over. You still have time to flip again before you attack.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 13th, 2010, 04:48 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

That's the way I play too, but it's still technically true. We know figures can block their own line of sight, such as Q9's shoulder pads etc. So if you look from Othkurik's target point, and something he wanted to hit was on the other side of his body, the argument could be made that his sculpt blocks his line of sight to anything over there.

Edit: Move doesn't end after you've moved your last space, but it does when you say "Now Q9 is going to attack...." I don't play that way, but a strict interpretation of the rules could lead some people to doing so.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs

Last edited by Fencerjared; February 13th, 2010 at 04:51 PM. Reason: response to NB.
Old February 13th, 2010, 04:55 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

As long as you don't start rolling attack dice, I'll let you flip first.

Kinda rude not to (like someone I played at a certain tournament...).

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 13th, 2010, 07:38 PM

FatDragon465 costs too much!

what i do is use ornak, mimring, and othkurik so i can use both mimring and othkurik both on my first turns

Call me the Punisher
Old February 13th, 2010, 09:49 PM

360ownism is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I'm at a loss of how to use this unit. 3 defence seems too fragile, and four attack is just above average. There are better figures for less points. His usage would come down to swamp based maps with shadow tiles scattered around only, in my mind. how are you supposed to play this unit?

Play Runescape? Add 360ownism to your friend list!
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...40#post1012740
Check out pokescape!Could've had a V8!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units