Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old June 15th, 2010, 02:16 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
armies with the fun factor on high

welcome one, welcome all to the thread that prefers to use an army with a fun factor in it, rather than being competetive. Sure if your in a tourney, play hard and fight hard, but for just getting the gang together for a night of scape is good too.

The Dead Rise Too Easily

4x Zombies
Seduma
Fire Elemental
Swog Rider
2xStingers

500pts///21spaces
The goal is 1 hit KO's and swift attacks. Not a bad team for little range.Pretty fun to use in a team game.

Dragon and Its Masters

Mimring
Tarns
Thorgrimm
1 KoW
zettians
2 black wyrms
Isamu or Otanashi

500points////16spaces
This team is supposed to take advantage of viking/knight strength and draco range. All I gottA say is have fun fielding tempered blades!

Einar and Vydar work Togedar!

Tandros
Nikitas
Krav Maga
Izumi Samurai
Ana Karithon

500points////11spaces
Keep them close together for a super juggernaut feel. Nikitas use smoke powder for safety, and engagement strike when they feel like getting close. The Samurai keep the shooter safe while Tandros and Ana may also help out.

More are sure to come for fun yet decent teams. Please feel free to include your "fun" armies.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old June 15th, 2010, 02:33 AM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker
Re: armies with the fun factor on high

4x Venocs
3x Aubriens
Venoc Warlord
Isamu
----------------
Old June 15th, 2010, 02:37 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post
4x Venocs
3x Aubriens
Venoc Warlord
Isamu
----------------
a frenzied festival....I like it! Too bad I ain't got the figs for it

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old June 15th, 2010, 02:47 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post
4x Venocs
3x Aubriens
Venoc Warlord
Isamu
----------------
I prefer

5xVenocs
Mittens
Whatever I feel like for 180 points (did DW8K and Marro Warriors. 8K actually outlasted the Q brothers that game)

~Dysole, who in big game played this and it was truckloads of fun

5xVenocs
Mittens
5xOmnicrons
Old June 15th, 2010, 06:34 AM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

x4 Deepwyrm Drow-280
Pelloth-380
Estivara-460
x2 Drow Chain Fighters-510

Although it might not be the best, there is nothing like the thrill of the roll and watching your opponent quail in fear when your drow succeed on their HiD roll, and then can pop in on height and do massive damage with poison weapons. I know Estivara loses out because of the lack of arachnids, but she fits thematically and gives them a range special attack. If you wanted to take this to 700 points for a big game, pop in Torin and another squad of Deepwyrm Drow.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old June 15th, 2010, 06:54 AM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

Can't touch this!

GREATER ICE ELEMENTALx2-260
NAKITA AGENTS-380
ARKMER-430
MARCU ESENWEIN-450

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old June 15th, 2010, 08:34 AM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
the thread that prefers to use an army with a fun factor in it, rather than being competetive.
Did you read the name of this forum?

(You're setting up a false dichotomy anyway.)

I never lay awake at night wondering how to design an army that will help me win 40% of my games. -- Jexik

Do NOT click this link.
Old June 15th, 2010, 08:35 AM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

ZoM x5
Cyprien
Sonya

500pts.

Send in Cyp to take out range, and then roll in the zombies! Just pray there are no soulborgs.

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old June 15th, 2010, 08:57 AM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

For me, a fun battle would be an evenly matched game against similar armies.

200 Roman Legionnaires x 4
100 MDG
90 NGS
50 MBS
440 20 hexes

160 Blade Gruts x 4
120 Grimnak
100 Tornak
50 Nerak
430 22 hexes

It is also fun to throw a hodgepodge of figures together and make an army that works together (a soulborg, superhero, troll, and aliens).
60 Zetacron
220 Captain America
120 Krug
100 Marro Dividers x 2
500 11 hexes

As I think about it, most armies are fun. The only figure/squad that I really don't enjoy playing with or against are Deathreavers.
Old June 15th, 2010, 09:03 AM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Cat View Post
Can't touch this!

GREATER ICE ELEMENTALx2-260
NAKITA AGENTS-380
ARKMER-430
MARCU ESENWEIN-450
Nice one, Cat. Wear the baggy hammer pants and gold bling when you strut to the gaming table with that army.

Dog Soldiers
Wolves of Badru x2 160
Anubian Wolves x2 310
Khosumet 385
Airborne Elite 495

Pounce is just plain fun, and rolling for Unleashed Fury is always a thrill. The same with the drop: there is always a palpable moment of tension when that 20 rolls around. And, you can always place side bets as to how long Khosumet will actually last.

The fun-factor is going to be ramped up even more with the addition of the Werewolf Lord.
Old June 15th, 2010, 09:28 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

We Just Won't Die:

Feral Troll 90
Marro Dividers x 2 100
Marro Warriors 50
Sonlen 160
Zombies of Morindan x 2 120

Actually you can take some of any of the above and increase troll, dividers, or zombies and get rid of others, but people hate it when they kill half your army or get life down and they come back. Also fun to do vs. of a mix of the above - Zombies vs. Dividers has been mentioned before but I once had a game thyt ended with zombies vs. Marro Warriors and it went on a long time. If you have more points, throw in Thanos or C3G Solomon Grundy.
Old June 15th, 2010, 09:54 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Frenzy is easily the funnest ability in the game, but that shouldn't suggest that it can't be competitive.

Mittens - 120
Venoc Vipers x7 - 400
Elite Onyx Vipers - 500, 25 hexes (drop a Venoc)

This would be more competitive with the Krav Maga instead of the EOV in my opinion, and probably even moreso with Q9 in place of the EOV and 2x Venocs, which was suggested above.

Runa - 120
Minions of Utgar x2 - 340
Airborne Elite - 450
Filler - Desired Point total

I've had a ton of fun with this army in both casual and tournament settings.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion